+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Time line for Permanent Residence application for Refugees

Shafiqahmad

Jan 4, 2020
Heloo everyone. Does it happened with anyone? i saw a refund of 85$ in my bank from immigration canada reversal . Is it a biometric fee ? Why did they refund it ? Is it because my previous biometric is valid ? Your answers will br highly appreciated thanks.

Reactions: newMember110

saidur

Dec 14, 2019
@Nazia25 , following you , as per IRCC AIP letter dated 12th December 2020 I have sent required documents of my overseas dependents to Singapore and were delivered by UPS on 4th January 2021 . But so far no update or acknowledgement. Meantime I became Permanent Resident dated 12th March 2021.

saidur

Dec 14, 2019
Heloo everyone. Does it happened with anyone? i saw a refund of 85$ in my bank from immigration canada reversal . Is it a biometric fee ? Why did they refund it ? Is it because my previous biometric is valid ? Your answers will br highly appreciated thanks.
It’s happened to me too ! Yes you are right as biometric is valid for 10years

Last edited:
Reactions: Shafiqahmad

mehranjadoon

Sep 5, 2019
Hey,

I applied with my husband for the pr on March 2020 but we did nit receive any correspondence till now not even the receipt and we are unable to link our application to the cic account anyone here have a similar situation?

also did anyone apply for travel document recently and got it, if so please tell me everything needed.

thanks
My friend has applied in July 2020. He has not received anything either. He called IRCC and was told that the application is received but he will get the AOR, once the processing starts.

Mysoul78

Jun 30, 2018
This forum has been a place I felt peace while reading everyone’s updates. There are days I was super worried and there are days I was so much at peace learning your experiences.

Finally the day came for me and my child to become permanent residents in Canada. We cannot be enough grateful to this country.

My timeline:
October 2, 2019 - Application submitted.
December 13, 2019 - AOR Confirmation
January 29, 2020 - Application process started
September 28 - Police Certificate and finger prints submitted
December 21, 2020 - Eligibility Passed
February 18, 2021 - Medical passed
February 18, 2021 - Second time Eligibility passed with referring my spouse to London Office
March 16, 2021 - Approved for PR
March 19, 2021 - invitation to e-portal
March 23, 2021- photo and address uploaded
March 26, 2021 - eCOPR received and expires in a month. The email says the card will be mailed in one week.

What a journey - nobody will understand what we - Protected People went through. Challenges to be continued- anticipating spouse immigration process from overseas. However, let’s continue to stay positive!

Thank you so much to you all here, sincerely pray you get your status and join your family. Virtual hugs to you all!

mehranjadoon

Sep 5, 2019
This forum has been a place I felt peace while reading everyone’s updates. There are days I was super worried and there are days I was so much at peace learning your experiences.

Finally the day came for me and my child to become permanent residents in Canada. We cannot be enough grateful to this country.

My timeline:
February 18, 2021 - Second time Eligibility passed with referring my spouse to London Office
March 26, 2021 - eCOPR received and expires in a month. The email says the card will be mailed in one week.

What a journey - nobody will understand what we - Protected People went through. Challenges to be continued- anticipating spouse immigration process from overseas. However, let’s continue to stay positive!

Thank you so much to you all here, sincerely pray you get your status and join your family. Virtual hugs to you all!
Congratulations @Mysoul78

Reactions: Mysoul78

mehranjadoon

Sep 5, 2019
I have sent photos for PR card through Canada Post, which were delivered today.

Is there anyway I can track the progress of this PR card i.e. through GCKEY or any other portal??

canadian23

Star Member
Mar 9, 2021

My timeline:

Congratulations.. waiting for my COPR as well.

mustafababiker

Star Member
Nov 14, 2017

My timeline:

Congratulations brother

mrdmiust

Star Member
Oct 10, 2019
Hi Everyone

After only 4 days, I received the Pdf file of COPR.
I am going to submit our family photo tomorrow.
Does anyone have any idea should I mail them in separate envelope for each member of our family or I can send them with one envelope?

Also, I wish that everyone will receive their COPR so soon which is really good feeling and moment.

thanks