+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Time line for Permanent Residence application for Refugees

Yessam07

Star Member
Apr 27, 2018
Hi All
I am trying to submit a documents through webform I click submit and it is just freeze their from last one hour any advice here???
Which browser are you using? I recommend Google Chrome or Firefox! You can also try to clear your browsing history!

lost2011

Dec 30, 2020
Their service is so random no sequence of date maintain ... we are at their mercy.!!! I am May Applicant AIP 12Dec , DM 2March and still waiting ! Never know when Etobicoke office will contact me today , tomorrow! 2022 or never ?
Im still waiting since almost 4 months no news after DM

Reactions: saidur

Oscarsunil

Star Member
Jan 5, 2021
Couple of days ago I saw a tweet from Immigration and refugee minister Marco Mendicino, that ircc London office hired 62 new permanent employees, now processing will be faster.
I wrote under his comment,
Please start clearing backlogs in all class cases instead of engaging new staff to handle new programs ,
I hope he will follow my advice

Fadros

Dec 4, 2020
Just received an email with CoPR! Exactly 24 hours after DM!

Timeline:

• We received your application for permanent residence on July 19, 2019.
  • We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on January 9, 2020.
  • We started processing your application on January 8, 2020.
  • We sent you correspondence on December 8, 2019. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  • We sent you correspondence on August 5, 2020. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  • RCMP police clearance certificate based on fingerprints - August 10, 2020
  • Medical results have been received. - August 12, 2020
  • AIP - December 10, 2020 (Received by mail - End January 2021)
  • Ghost updates: 2021/03/02 - 2021/03/03
  • Background check completed: 2021/03/02
  • DM - 2021/03/09
  • CoPR & Pre-arrival services letters: 2021/03/10
WOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! ;););););););)

Reactions: Yessam07

Casablanca93

Star Member
Dec 23, 2018
Hello everyone I sent my PR application in juanuary 2020 I know due to covid reasons everything has been so slow but last night I found out that my application it's been on process this is what I found I will quote the text I read , maybe someone can explain me a little bit better due to my lawyer is kinda lost

"Permanent Residence
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on January 10, 2020.
  2. We started processing your application on December 12, 2020.
  3. Medical results have been received."

1) neither myself or my lawyer has received the famous "acknowledged of receipt "

2) my lawyer says it's kind of confused the point number 3 since she says usually when the application is ending is when IRCC ask you for medical test

I really want to know your opinions about all of this please, thank you

Fadros

Dec 4, 2020
@Fadros did you send pictures for PR and do you know how to track PR card status?
Hi @Spogmey
Yes, I sent the picture to the Etobicoke office and it was delivered on 3/3/2021. One week ago.

The only way to track it is to use the ' Link my application ' option on GCKey, by entering your information, then the system will find all active applications for you. The same like what you did when you linked your pr application and were able to track it.

Now bare in mind ( according to hundreds of people in other threads ) that some people who sent pictures are able to link their application, some can't. The reason is that officially speaking you can't link the application until they physically open the envelope and start the application, which may take time, that's why some people can't link their application until this happens. However, some other people ( and I am one of them ) were able to link the application even before they open the envelope. I actually linked my application BEFORE I send any pics LOL. The reason ( according to some threads ) is that sometimes the immigration officer initiates the application for you on the system. When I linked my application, I saw on the system that the application date was 24th February 2021 ( same date of my COPR, but I actually received PDF on 1st of March ), which means the application was created by the officer on same day I became a permanent resident, even before I receive the copr pdf.

Right now my application says: " Submitted " on GCKey, however some other people can not link it till they open the envelope.

Try it and let me know. Best of luck.

Smsm73

Star Member
Feb 3, 2021
Hello everyone I sent my PR application in juanuary 2020 I know due to covid reasons everything has been so slow but last night I found out that my application it's been on process this is what I found I will quote the text I read , maybe someone can explain me a little bit better due to my lawyer is kinda lost

"Permanent Residence
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on January 10, 2020.
  2. We started processing your application on December 12, 2020.
  3. Medical results have been received."

1) neither myself or my lawyer has received the famous "acknowledged of receipt "

2) my lawyer says it's kind of confused the point number 3 since she says usually when the application is ending is when IRCC ask you for medical test

I really want to know your opinions about all of this please, thank you
Sorry to tell you that your lawyer is wrong.
Some officers requested medical early and some at the end.
Some applicants did the medical twice

Yessam07

Star Member
Apr 27, 2018
Hi @Spogmey
Yes, I sent the picture to the Etobicoke office and it was delivered on 3/3/2021. One week ago.

The only way to track it is to use the ' Link my application ' option on GCKey, by entering your information, then the system will find all active applications for you. The same like what you did when you linked your pr application and were able to track it.

Now bare in mind ( according to hundreds of people in other threads ) that some people who sent pictures are able to link their application, some can't. The reason is that officially speaking you can't link the application until they physically open the envelope and start the application, which may take time, that's why some people can't link their application until this happens. However, some other people ( and I am one of them ) were able to link the application even before they open the envelope. I actually linked my application BEFORE I send any pics LOL. The reason ( according to some threads ) is that sometimes the immigration officer initiates the application for you on the system. When I linked my application, I saw on the system that the application date was 24th February 2021 ( same date of my COPR, but I actually received PDF on 1st of March ), which means the application was created by the officer on same day I became a permanent resident, even before I receive the copr pdf.

Right now my application says: " Submitted " on GCKey, however some other people can not link it till they open the envelope.

Try it and let me know. Best of luck.
Tried it and it worked! Thank you @Fadros for the hint!

• Love
Reactions: Fadros