+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Time line for Permanent Residence application for Refugees

canadian23

Star Member
Mar 9, 2021
  • We received your application for permanent residence on July 19, 2019.
  • We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on January 9, 2020.
  • We started processing your application on January 8, 2020.
  • We sent you correspondence on December 8, 2019. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  • We sent you correspondence on August 5, 2020. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  • RCMP police clearance certificate based on fingerprints - August 10, 2020
  • Medical results have been received. - August 12, 2020
  • AIP - December 10, 2020 (Received by mail - End January 2021)
  • DM - 2021/03/09
congrats

Reactions: Yessam07

Yessam07

Star Member
Apr 27, 2018
Does anyone know about it?
Criminality check: Your police certificate, RCMP, and Interpol being asked if you've committed crimes.
Security check: Asking Canadian Security Intelligence Service (CSIS) and their allies if they believe you're involved with extremists, terrorists, etc.
Approved in principle / Approval in principle (AIP): Your application is “approved in principle (AIP)” if:
  • you have received a letter from IRCC stating that you meet the permanent residence eligibility requirements, but
  • you still have to pass the medical, security and background checks for you and, if needed, your family members.

Yessam07

Star Member
Apr 27, 2018
Hi Yassam, any idea how long it may get to COPR after DM?
No idea. I called IRCC this morning and asked the agent if she can estimate, and she said, that would be a lie - just wait! Some people get it sooner, others have to wait a little bit longer! I will update you once I get something!

Reactions: Fadros and saidur

Andftoe

Star Member
Jul 23, 2020
Criminality check: Your police certificate, RCMP, and Interpol being asked if you've committed crimes.
Security check: Asking Canadian Security Intelligence Service (CSIS) and their allies if they believe you're involved with extremists, terrorists, etc.
Approved in principle / Approval in principle (AIP): Your application is “approved in principle (AIP)” if:
  • you have received a letter from IRCC stating that you meet the permanent residence eligibility requirements, but
  • you still have to pass the medical, security and background checks for you and, if needed, your family members.
Thank you!

Reactions: Yessam07

Kaydenn

Mar 9, 2021
Hello everyone, I haven't had any success getting through to an agent. If you have, please can you share the options you selected? Thank you.

Kaydenn

Mar 9, 2021
I'm June 2019. Heard nothing still from immigration. I see a lot of Julys and Augusts...even Septembers 2019 getting DM. Could this have anything to do with people working in essential services during this pandemic?