+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Time line for Permanent Residence application for Refugees

Ryan4

Nov 27, 2020
Hello,

I'm accepted refugee and I have Filed my PR in QUEBEC but I want to move to other province could someone explain me what to do or will it cause delay in PR process? and how long transfer process will take.
thanx in advance
You just have to go to ECAS and change your address from there and/or send a webform informing them of your new address.

All PR applications are processed at CPC-Mississauga, so it doesn’t matter where you live. Once CPC-M finalizes your application, your local IRCC office (where you will move to) will issue your CoPR.

Ghess23

Apr 11, 2014
Hello,

I'm accepted refugee and I have Filed my PR in QUEBEC but I want to move to other province could someone explain me what to do or will it cause delay in PR process? and how long transfer process will take.
thanx in advance
I moved in the middle of my application too, From Ontario to quebec, i just updated my address in the system and that was it.

Fadros

Dec 4, 2020
Pls keep us posted about the outcome? What did she wrote regarding the reasons for the request?
The reason is very simple: It is personal property.
In normal times, they give you the copr along with your passport by default, they don't ask why you want it. it's your personal property.
Btw @Besttee , how long did it take you to receive copr pdf and pr card photo instructions email after you saw copr details on gckey?
also, have you received your card? it's been like a month for you.
please update us.

Reactions: saidur

saidur

Dec 14, 2019
After 2/3 weeks today I saw timeline in GCKey it’s same as before 29th May is protected date based on 24months . Don’t know what are the process they need to do after AIP mid December and family documents submitted to designated VO but no acknowledgement... only God knows it’s frustrating when I see applicant of July -October 2019 getting COPR or DM but May Applicant waiting !!!

mimika

Jan 12, 2021
After 2/3 weeks today I saw timeline in GCKey it’s same as before 29th May is protected date based on 24months . Don’t know what are the process they need to do after AIP mid December and family documents submitted to designated VO but no acknowledgement... only God knows it’s frustrating when I see applicant of July -October 2019 getting COPR or DM but May Applicant waiting !!!
Yea it’s hard to follow advise and “be patient and wait” when you see that people from oct 2019 get their coprs, but you’re still in unknown situation:/