+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Time line for Permanent Residence application for Refugees

mrdmiust

Star Member
Oct 10, 2019
Honestly I was about a month and half behind the progression bar too, I was supposed to get my pr by Jan 10th but I got it on Feb 18. Everytime i saw any update I was so happy cause it meant that they are actively working on my file. Also, I basically got most things updated within 2 months.
So they sent my AIP on early December by mail but i didnt receive it till end December.
December 18 they passed my medical and background check
December 21 they requested a newly filled schedule A
Feb 17/18 got Dm and COPR.

Hope this helped.
many thanks.
for me it is weird that I received AIP twice. one by mail and after two month by Email and on my GC key!!
it is also weird that date of letter is for today, not even as same as the one they sent me before!! :(

Ghess23

Apr 11, 2014
many thanks.
for me it is weird that I received AIP twice. one by mail and after two month by Email and on my GC key!!
it is also weird that date of letter is for today, not even as same as the one they sent me before!! :(
Oh yeah, I would assume the agent just forgot that they sent it my mail, or sent it, didnt update the gckey and then sent a new one when he updated it on gckey platform. They work on so many platforms, they are always not corresponding.

Vmp11

Jan 26, 2021
My mother sent a webform asking about this and they replied we need to send a letter to immigration asking for seized passport since all offices are closed and we can't walk in. She sent the letter and we are waiting if they will ever respond this century.
We can update each others

Reactions: Fadros

a00900

Star Member
Nov 3, 2020
many thanks.
When you check your application using the online tool, not the linked application on the IRCC account. It says we received your application on.. we started processing your application on .... etc. What did it say for the part of your AIP? Does it say " We sent a correspondence ..... "?

mrdmiust

Star Member
Oct 10, 2019
When you check your application using the online tool, not the linked application on the IRCC account. It says we received your application on.. we started processing your application on .... etc. What did it say for the part of your AIP? Does it say " We sent a correspondence ..... "?
No there is not regarding AIP.
The last two one are about my medical and also Fingerprint request.
They honestly do not know what they are doing!

Skyline2019

Feb 14, 2019
GUYS! especially @Yessam07 and @Spogmey! Today I logged in my GCKEY and found COPR details ( No PDF ) and I haven't received an email yet and even the application status is not updated yet. It says it's issued today and valid until 22nd of October 2022 ( Year and 8 months !!! ).
No portal ( my mother had portal and her copr was valid for a month and got the card really fast ). No Approval letter ( DM ) but it says on GCkey they took decision on 3rd of February although I was not notified )

Timeline:

Application Date: 23rd of July 2019
Started processing: 25th of November 2019

--- 9 Months of silence, then:

RCMP & Police Certificate : 4th August 2020
AIP: 10th of December 2020
DM: 3rd of February 2021 ( same like you @Spogmey )
CoPR: 24th of February 2021 ( No Pdf, No email )

Now waiting for CoPR pdf and then instructions for card but then I don't really care about the card ( it may take long as the CoPR Validity is the longest I have seen but who knows ) I'll hopefully get 2 years validity travel document ( don't need five ) if needed.

I'll update you regarding CoPR pdf and Card instructions once I hopefully get the email.
I am in the same boat, no pdf attached in copr dated 24 feb .. i hope to get it soon

Reactions: Fadros

Survivor1

Star Member
Jan 30, 2020
Hi guys, i am july 2018 applicant. On february 20, i received pre arrival services letter. Today i called cic. The agent told me that everything passed including eligibility, criminality, security, medical. He said file is there for final decision. They may finalize anytime now....thanks God....it is 31 months now.