+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Time line for Permanent Residence application for Refugees

Yuki.03

Nov 30, 2020
GTA
LANDED..........
07-01-2021
@Yuki.03 thanks for sharing the correct information.
yes some people do these and nothing happens to them while others can be the unlucky ones which is why it is a risk you are taking by doing these. you can do it but it's not recommended. I have a friend that says he has been to his home country multiple times. And telling me not to fear immigration. I ignore him. Some CBSA officers are nice while some give you hell. lol my refugee claim interview, the officer tried to get me to say that I was working illegally, borderline trying to coerce me. "I know how hard-working people from your country are, if you did work nothing is wrong, it won't affect your claim"

mysoul

Star Member
Aug 15, 2018
Hello everyone. I received a letter on December 21, 2020 that '
It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent residence as a Protected Person. Please note that a final decision will not be made until all remaining requirements for becoming a permanent resident have been met. These requirements include medical, security and background checks for you and, if applicable, your family members. You cannot become a permanent resident until you and all your family members have met these requirements.

Today also i received similar letter but at the end it said: The overseas office in London is responsible for processing the applications for permanent residence of your family members outside Canada' They also asked me to submit some form and supporting documents. Not sure why twice I got it. Please let me know if you had similar situation.

Also my account showed that got medical - passed.

Any guesses when can i get DM then COPR?

thanks and good luck to everyone.

Reactions: PrinceH

Rahim khan

Mar 10, 2019
london
Category........
VISIT
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Hello everyone. I received a letter on December 21, 2020 that '
It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent residence as a Protected Person. Please note that a final decision will not be made until all remaining requirements for becoming a permanent resident have been met. These requirements include medical, security and background checks for you and, if applicable, your family members. You cannot become a permanent resident until you and all your family members have met these requirements.

Today also i received similar letter but at the end it said: The overseas office in London is responsible for processing the applications for permanent residence of your family members outside Canada' They also asked me to submit some form and supporting documents. Not sure why twice I got it. Please let me know if you had similar situation.

Also my account showed that got medical - passed.

Any guesses when can i get DM then COPR?

thanks and good luck to everyone.
Your timeline please ?

Mysoul78

Jun 30, 2018
@mysoul So regarding the bar, every month or two it disappears and return back again. It's a system glitch/update and it's for everyone not only you. 90% of the times when the bar returns back, it returns back the same. Only 2 weeks ago it disappeared ( for everyone ) and returned back with a delayed date ( for everyone as well). It will be back soon, don't bother about the timeline.

Regarding that you got AIP and its still showing it's being reviewed on your account, that's pretty normal. They DON'T update the system. A friend of mine got his DM ( Decision Made ) and the account was still asking him to submit documents. Everything will be updated once you get your CoPR. It will all be updated on one day. Don't bother, Just watch out for any emails.

They are now processing May, June, and July 2019. I saw someone here who got his CoPR and he is August 2019. Your timeline is pretty normal and there is no delay for you till now.

According to the pattern we all observe here, you will be getting DM the coming 2-3 months, CoPR extra 2 months, ad maybe card another extra 2 months, that said, you may get everything WAAAAAY EARLIER ( No rule, its random ) but hopefully you will be having the card by this October 2021 maximum ( Standard processing time is 24 months now and when the bar returns it will say estimate completion date October 2021 )

At your service sir/madam :cool:
Thanks for massage of encouragement. Today I got medical passes and one more AIP. This time it came with instruction for my overseas dependent. I pray you hear good news one of these days. Thanks so much we need more like you here in this forum.

Troy89

Jan 27, 2021
Qestion how long dose Cpc Mississauga mailroom take merge request document to the officer are to the accounts. After receiving it.

McAwad

Feb 5, 2021
Greetings, I was trying to check my application through client application status but it doesn't show, I keep getting the message it doesn't exist. Does any person know what this could mean? I

C@nada2015

Jan 3, 2021
Hello everyone, I am filling my application forms for PR. I have a confusion.
I do not have my passport in my possession. (I notify this to Judge during my hearing). I do have copies though which i used to extend my work permit.
Question is- On my Passport, my both first & last name is written under Given name But on My Refugee Protection Claimant Document, my both First & last name is written under Family Name.
-So while filling Generic and background form- do i have to follow passport or RPCD.
And should i send them my passport copies with PR applications or what?

Waiting for response.
Thank you.

Reactions: mehranjadoon