+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Time line for Permanent Residence application for Refugees

mehranjadoon

Sep 5, 2019
Has anyone been able to reach ircc on the phone?
It's been weeks since I am trying to call them.
I am a bit worried It's been 1 year since they ask me for background check,since then nothing.
I just kept on trying and on the third try I got connected to an agent.

mehranjadoon

Sep 5, 2019
What they told you about your application I’m also September 2019 applicant did you pass the medical in online tools or GCKEY?
My timeline is as below:
  • 5 September 2019 - Applied for PR
  • 13 December 2019 - Received AOR
  • 24 December 2019 - Received Application Update E-mail (after which I could link my application to a portal account)
  • 6 September 2020 - Received request for Police Clearance Certificate (exactly after 1 year of application submission, may be it's just a co-incidence)
  • 8 September 2020 - Gave finger prints for RCMP PCC
  • 6 October 2020 - Mailed PCC from UK as I have lived there in the past
  • 16 December 2020 - Received a letter through email (not through portal) that I meet the eligibility requirements for PR
  • 2 February 2020 - Passed the medical exam (they have extended the medical exam they conducted when I claimed asylum)
  • 3 February 2020 - Ghost Update

Rahim khan

Mar 10, 2019
london
Category........
VISIT
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
My timeline is as below:
  • 24 December 2019 - Received Application Update E-mail (after which I could link my application to a portal account)
  • 6 September 2020 - Received request for Police Clearance Certificate (exactly after 1 year of application submission, may be it's just a co-incidence)
  • 16 December 2020 - Received a letter through email (not through portal) that I meet the eligibility requirements for PR
  • 2 February 2020 - Passed the medical exam (they have extended the medical exam they conducted when I claimed asylum)
  • 3 February 2020 - Ghost Update
I think 3 February 2021 right ?

• Wow
Reactions: mehranjadoon

musabalta

Jan 14, 2019
Hi everyone, I got an approval letter for permanent residence.

This is my timeline:

Permanent Residence
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on August 29, 2019.
  2. We started processing your application on January 23, 2020.
  3. Medical results have been received.
  4. We sent you correspondence on September 8, 2020. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
And then on February 5, 2020, I got an approval letter.

Hi again everyone, after the approval letter (February 5, 2020), today I got a call from the IRCC city office. They got some confirmation from us, and they shared with us (COPR) information letter on the Canada application account.

Final decision - February 9, 2021:Your application was approved.

musabalta

Jan 14, 2019
Congratulations. I am Sep 5, 2019 applicant. Hopefully will receive some good news soon as well.

When did they receive your medical results? Also, how did you receive the letter, through email, post or GCKEYp portal?
I got this letter through the GCKEYp portal. We gave our medical results when we came to Canada.

Reactions: mehranjadoon

Fadros

Dec 4, 2020
Hi again everyone, after the approval letter (February 5, 2020), today I got a call from the IRCC city office. They got some confirmation from us, and they shared with us (COPR) information letter on the Canada application account.

Congratulations brother! Have to say that your officer is a superstar :cool::cool::cool::cool:
Your timeline is MIRACULOUS!
You give us hope :)

Spogmey

Star Member
Dec 4, 2020

Congratulations . Can you share wich office contacted you? I got approvel on 3rd February 2021 but still waiting for COPR

Fadros

Dec 4, 2020
Fardos did u check regarding siezed passport ?
Hi @Cona
I submitted a webform two weeks ago but they haven't replied to me yet. I call the Etobicoke office every day on their phone number but no one replies. I sent a letter to the Etobicoke office as well. I searched hundreds of forums on the internet and it seems like there is no certain procedure because of Covid. I'll wait for the webform, I'll let my mother call them, I'll keep calling Etobicoke, until I have a clue. Worst case scenario is that Immigration will open one day in spring or summer and I'll go there with my mother to receive it. She needs her original passport because she has lots of expired visas on it and lots of travel history needed to get visas on her travel document. I'll update you once I get a clue.

Cona

Jan 14, 2021
Hi @Cona
I submitted a webform two weeks ago but they haven't replied to me yet. I call the Etobicoke office every day on their phone number but no one replies. I sent a letter to the Etobicoke office as well. I searched hundreds of forums on the internet and it seems like there is no certain procedure because of Covid. I'll wait for the webform, I'll let my mother call them, I'll keep calling Etobicoke, until I have a clue. Worst case scenario is that Immigration will open one day in spring or summer and I'll go there with my mother to receive it. She needs her original passport because she has lots of expired visas on it and lots of travel history needed to get visas on her travel document. I'll update you once I get a clue.
Thank u so much. I'm also trying to search some source to know if and how to contact them. If I do so I will let u know also

mehranjadoon

Sep 5, 2019
I think 3 February 2021 right ?
Exactly
My timeline is as below:
  • 2 February 2021 - Passed the medical exam (they have extended the medical exam they conducted when I claimed asylum)
  • 3 February 2021 - Ghost Update