+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Time line for Permanent Residence application for Refugees

mehranjadoon

Sep 5, 2019
Hi again everyone, after the approval letter (February 5, 2020), today I got a call from the IRCC city office. They got some confirmation from us, and they shared with us (COPR) information letter on the Canada application account.

Final decision - February 9, 2021:Your application was approved.
Congratulations my friend. By the way which case processing centre did you send your application to?

Reactions: saidur

Fadros

Dec 4, 2020
Congratulations . Can you share wich office contacted you? I got approvel on 3rd February 2021 but still waiting for COPR
I really think this is not the response rate of Ontario or Quebec offices :D I bet he lives in a less populated province hence the amazing timeline, or maybe his case officer is someone excelling in their job. @musabalta please confirm that:)

Tamiou

Feb 5, 2021
Finally I was able to talk to an IRCC agent today. It's like nobody is working on my case. I send them a police certificate since end of February 2020 as requested. They received it since the same week they start my criminality check. It's been a year. Since then NOTHING,there is absolutely no update for my case.Criminality in process security,eligibility,medical not start.
Is there anything I can do? Is it normal? I apply since may 2019.

Yessam07

Star Member
Apr 27, 2018
How long more will DM take as I also received this letter by post today. I applied in June 2020 My wife and kids are currently in abroad. What am I to do next?
Honestly, I don't know if I have the answer! My AIP date was December 10th, 2020. Till now, I heard nothing! When your security & background check is completed, you will receive your DM. I don't have any dependents outside Canada. Anyone with dependents can share his experience?

Fadros

Dec 4, 2020
Guys, there is something that I think I observed. I've been on this website extensively the last couple of months, reading thousands of posts ( Lockdown helped in that ) and I observed that the COPR validity shows if you gonna receive the card really fast ( new system ) or really slow ( old system).

When my mother received her COPR on 11th of January 2021, the document validity was ONE MONTH. It was mentioned on the document that the expiry date is 12th of February. She got her card on 1st of February. I noticed that some other COPRs are valid for ONE YEAR. I think that when you have a validity of one year they don't send you the card as fast. We have @Yuki.03 @Armaani who received their cards as fast as my mother ( 10 days - 3 weeks ) while @Jalalcananda and @Kaisa_18 has been waiting 3-6 months and the reason I guess why is that their COPR is valid for one year I guess.
@Jalalcananda and @Kaisa_18 can you please confirm your COPR validity? I bet it's a year for sure, right?
The reason I'm mentioning this is that I guess that your COPR validity will control how fast you will receive the card.
For sure the COPR can't expire while you haven't received card.

Just for your information, my mother and@Yuki.03 got their COPR and Card via Portal, while @Armaani sent the pic via mail. All of them got it in a matter of days. Portal or Mail doesn't say anything, it's the COPR validity :cool:

Reactions: Yessam07 and saidur

Spogmey

Star Member
Dec 4, 2020
Finally I was able to talk to an IRCC agent today. It's like nobody is working on my case. I send them a police certificate since end of February 2020 as requested. They received it since the same week they start my criminality check. It's been a year. Since then NOTHING,there is absolutely no update for my case.Criminality in process security,eligibility,medical not start.
Is there anything I can do? Is it normal? I apply since may 2019.
When they will start, trust me they will complete all stages within in month so don't worry soon you will get good news

Jadm

Feb 8, 2021
6 to 12 months
I mean idk if they got my application I have no clue if they received it, I heard that they sent email or letter that they received the application and link to see my application online . The question is when do they send it?

saidur

Dec 14, 2019
Honestly, I don't know if I have the answer! My AIP date was December 10th, 2020. Till now, I heard nothing! When your security & background check is completed, you will receive your DM. I don't have any dependents outside Canada. Anyone with dependents can share his experience?
I received AIP 12Dec till today no further information... meantime overseas family docs reached VO Singapore they received 4th Jan no acknowledgement or communication. Frustrating

saidur

Dec 14, 2019
Guys, there is something that I think I observed. I've been on this website extensively the last couple of months, reading thousands of posts ( Lockdown helped in that ) and I observed that the COPR validity shows if you gonna receive the card really fast ( new system ) or really slow ( old system).

When my mother received her COPR on 11th of January 2021, the document validity was ONE MONTH. It was mentioned on the document that the expiry date is 12th of February. She got her card on 1st of February. I noticed that some other COPRs are valid for ONE YEAR. I think that when you have a validity of one year they don't send you the card as fast. We have @Yuki.03 @Armaani who received their cards as fast as my mother ( 10 days - 3 weeks ) while @Jalalcananda and @Kaisa_18 has been waiting 3-6 months and the reason I guess why is that their COPR is valid for one year I guess.
@Jalalcananda and @Kaisa_18 can you please confirm your COPR validity? I bet it's a year for sure, right?
The reason I'm mentioning this is that I guess that your COPR validity will control how fast you will receive the card.
For sure the COPR can't expire while you haven't received card.

Just for your information, my mother and@Yuki.03 got their COPR and Card via Portal, while @Armaani sent the pic via mail. All of them got it in a matter of days. Portal or Mail doesn't say anything, it's the COPR validity :cool:
Logical

Reactions: Fadros

Cpwr

Dec 29, 2020
GTA
Hi again everyone, after the approval letter (February 5, 2020), today I got a call from the IRCC city office. They got some confirmation from us, and they shared with us (COPR) information letter on the Canada application account.

Congratulations this is London ontario office probably

timon bi

Star Member
Feb 21, 2020

Congratulations , which office please ?