+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Time line for Permanent Residence application for Refugees

Ryan4

Nov 27, 2020
yeah I knew he meant 2021. He's end of August 2019 applicant and he got DM/COPR in 5 days and relatively early. still miraculous :D

Also I find this COPR validity thing very strange tbh, why they vary in validity for different people? there are some things we will never know lol.
The CoPR validity simply depends on your local office. Like my local IRCC office is Etobicoke **very busy** therefore, my validity was 10 months. I’m sure other people in less immigrant-populated cities will get there PR card faster due to their local IRCC office being relatively not busy.

Reactions: Fadros

Dominate

Apr 11, 2019
After Aip has been received should I just go ahead to send my family doc and application to the home visa office in Africa or wait for the mail saying I should do so. As it is stated below

This letter refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada under the Protected Persons class.
It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent residence as a Protected Person. Please note that a final decision will not be made until all remaining requirements for becoming a permanent resident have been met. These requirements include medical, security and background checks for you and, if applicable, your family members. You cannot become a permanent resident until you and all your family members have met these requirements.

Khan5696

Jan 4, 2016
I have my medical passed, biometrics passed but says they are processing my background check
Same when i call IRCC they gold me your application is in last stage of security check
Do you have depeneds ?if yes did you sent thier documents when you apply

Nov 17, 2019
Guys, there is something that I think I observed. I've been on this website extensively the last couple of months, reading thousands of posts ( Lockdown helped in that ) and I observed that the COPR validity shows if you gonna receive the card really fast ( new system ) or really slow ( old system).

When my mother received her COPR on 11th of January 2021, the document validity was ONE MONTH. It was mentioned on the document that the expiry date is 12th of February. She got her card on 1st of February. I noticed that some other COPRs are valid for ONE YEAR. I think that when you have a validity of one year they don't send you the card as fast. We have @Yuki.03 @Armaani who received their cards as fast as my mother ( 10 days - 3 weeks ) while @Jalalcananda and @Kaisa_18 has been waiting 3-6 months and the reason I guess why is that their COPR is valid for one year I guess.
@Jalalcananda and @Kaisa_18 can you please confirm your COPR validity? I bet it's a year for sure, right?
The reason I'm mentioning this is that I guess that your COPR validity will control how fast you will receive the card.
For sure the COPR can't expire while you haven't received card.

Just for your information, my mother and@Yuki.03 got their COPR and Card via Portal, while @Armaani sent the pic via mail. All of them got it in a matter of days. Portal or Mail doesn't say anything, it's the COPR validity :cool:
How to know the COPR validity? in the COPR letter or in GCKEY?

Cpwr

Dec 29, 2020
GTA
The CoPR validity simply depends on your local office. Like my local IRCC office is Etobicoke **very busy** therefore, my validity was 10 months. I’m sure other people in less immigrant-populated cities will get there PR card faster due to their local IRCC office being relatively not busy.
My CoPR valid for 6 months , Etobicoke office

Kaisa_18

Nov 26, 2018
AOR Received.
08-03-2019
My CoPR was from Etobicoke too, and it's valid for one year. But honestly what the point of this year if I cannot use my CoPR as ID (city of toronto told me they don't accept digital CoPRs), cannot renew my travel document with it (passport Canada dosen't acknowledge CoPRs). So if I can't use it as an ID on a municipal level nor the provincial level, and the fedral government (passports) doesn't accept it too, then what is the point of issuing it to inland PRs? Just send me an email "hey you are PR" and don't pretend that CoPRs can do anything for me.

Last edited:

saidur

Dec 14, 2019
IRCC in every stage of application you need to wait that’s okay to getting something good. But it’s frustrating when you have no timeline or certain date ! More than everything it’s mental pressure when you see applicant who applied later than you are getting confirmation..... I am surprised people who received DM and COPR why need to wait couple of months to receive COPR or PR card ? Printing need such long time ?

• Sad
Reactions: Tamiou and lost2011
Nov 17, 2019
AIP Oct 29 2020, DM Jan 17 2021, CoPR Jan 30 2021. Inland (with dependant inland) applicant Feb 2019. 23 months waiting. No PCC or Medical request (though i did medical to renew WP). Only asked Resume on same day i got AIP.