+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Time line for Permanent Residence application for Refugees

genyor

Star Member
Sep 1, 2019
Does anyone here knows WHY after Decision already made ( DM ) it tooks weeks or months for most applicants to receive CoPR ?? While in some cases they finalize only within 3 or 4 days !!
I think depending on where you are living , what is your local office

RefugeeHelp1

May 23, 2019
Category........
Other
It has been 14+ since any progress was made. I believe I have the right to be a little concerned. I am not saying that I should receive it but all that I am asking for is some transparency and respect for the emotional rollercoaster we, protected people, are experiencing on daily basis.

Hey i totally agree!!!! check my prev post i was like this too i use to be pissed too and disappointed in IRCC still am i think the way they process our applications is just near to careless i do wish you good luck and that you hear from them soon...

Cona

Jan 14, 2021
Hey i totally agree!!!! check my prev post i was like this too i use to be pissed too and disappointed in IRCC still am i think the way they process our applications is just near to careless i do wish you good luck and that you hear from them soon...
What is difference btwn etiobiko office and Montrail office ?? Why seems some people got excited to have etibiko office?? Can any one explain pllz ??

Mfoniso Urua

Jul 4, 2020
I was asked to submit police certificate from UK and fill my background form which i filled before. I have filled the background form and havent heard from them since one week now. How long do they take to respond?

Awat

Sep 11, 2017
Good Afternoon,

Does anyone know a good lawyer that is able to check with immigration and get me an answer regarding my PR application?
I applied for PR in March 2018 and haven't received any answer from them, the last note that I have is they have received my medical exam.
This has been affecting my mental health and I am ready to pay a good lawyer or anyone who can help me with this.

I hired a lawyer to follow up and get me a status but he is not doing anything, I have called and emailed CIC countless times and they are just saying it is in progress. I have requested GCMS notes and still waiting for it since September 2020.

Somebody, please help me I am going crazyyyy.

Survivor1

Star Member
Jan 30, 2020
Good Afternoon,

Does anyone know a good lawyer that is able to check with immigration and get me an answer regarding my PR application?
I applied for PR in March 2018 and haven't received any answer from them, the last note that I have is they have received my medical exam.
This has been affecting my mental health and I am ready to pay a good lawyer or anyone who can help me with this.

I hired a lawyer to follow up and get me a status but he is not doing anything, I have called and emailed CIC countless times and they are just saying it is in progress. I have requested GCMS notes and still waiting for it since September 2020.

Yes, the same problem is with many people. I am July 2018 applicant....I have got gcms notes....security in process....last update I had in January 2020 that my pr file transferred to local CIC London Ontario office.....since then no update.

• Sad
Reactions: PrinceH

Cpwr

Dec 29, 2020
GTA
Good Afternoon,

My advice is to contact with your local MP , give them all the details with dates , they will contact IRCC on your behalf to provide you with latest update on your application.
Best luck for you,,

Reactions: Sobajo and PrinceH

Survivor1

Star Member
Jan 30, 2020
Yes, the same problem is with many people. I am July 2018 applicant....I have got gcms notes....security in process....last update I had in January 2020 that my pr file transferred to local CIC London Ontario office.....since then no update.
My file transferred to local office for further processing since January 2020 and no communication since then.

• Sad
Reactions: PrinceH

Awat

Sep 11, 2017
My advice is to contact with your local MP , give them all the details with dates , they will contact IRCC on your behalf to provide you with latest update on your application.
Best luck for you,,
Thank you, I have contacted MP and their answer was that it is still in progress, they also said my medical exam has been expired however I have not received any notes from CIC to get a new medical exam.