+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Time line for Permanent Residence application for Refugees

Yuki.03

Nov 30, 2020
GTA
LANDED..........
07-01-2021
The new process (in Canada applicants) is After Dm you get the portal request you choose to or decline to use the Pr Portal. If you DO use the portal you submit your address and photo online inside the portal. When the address has been accepted by IRCC you receive your eCOPR which is uploaded within the portal and when the photo is accepted you're supposed to get your PR card by mail with a week. If you decline to use the portal you wait for the regular COPR by mail and apply for the Card the previous way by mail.

Help2

Nov 16, 2020
The new process (in Canada applicants) is After Dm you get the portal request you choose to or decline to use the Pr Portal. If you DO use the portal you submit your address and photo online inside the portal. When the address has been accepted by IRCC you receive your eCOPR which is uploaded within the portal and when the photo is accepted you're supposed to get your PR card by mail with a week. If you decline to use the portal you wait for the regular COPR by mail and apply for the Card the previous way by mail.
Hi Yuki ! May I ask how your experience has been with the e-portal so far in terms of waiting time ? I’m just curious lol I’m May 7th 2019 I haven’t received my AIP or DM yet. I’ve applied for GCMS on the 1st of December .. still waiting for to receive it.

Armaani

Star Member
Feb 20, 2019
Have you received your E-Copr already?

Yuki.03

Nov 30, 2020
GTA
LANDED..........
07-01-2021
I submitted my address and photo Tuesday still waiting. Once my address is accepted they will upload my eCOPR same time I believe. But it varies some get both accepted by 24 hours or days after submitting them. It states you should check the portal regularly, so i don't think you get email updates but if do i will let the forum know.

jasonsoy

Star Member
Dec 19, 2020
Hi guys , im new to forum and made a search about how to apply for pr after recieving decision letter but couldnt be successful..could you please share your experiences with me about the process..my claim was accepted and im going to receive my decision letter next week ( this is what board member told me when i asked to her) and i dont want to waste time and just want to apply for pr as fast as i can..i need advice about what to do and what to take care of most?and not to do?me and my wife accepted as a conventional refugee but our kids (2) they are both canadian citizens..and they both have their passports..these are the informations about my situation..i will be happy if you guyz can help me..have a great day everyone

Reactions: PrinceH

adbcca

Feb 21, 2019
Hi guys , im new to forum and made a search about how to apply for pr after recieving decision letter but couldnt be successful..could you please share your experiences with me about the process..my claim was accepted and im going to receive my decision letter next week ( this is what board member told me when i asked to her) and i dont want to waste time and just want to apply for pr as fast as i can..i need advice about what to do and what to take care of most?and not to do?me and my wife accepted as a conventional refugee but our kids (2) they are both canadian citizens..and they both have their passports..these are the informations about my situation..i will be happy if you guyz can help me..have a great day everyone
Your question is out of the thread subject but here's a link will help you

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5205-applying-permanent-residence-within-canada-protected-persons-convention-refugees.html

Last edited:
Reactions: PrinceH

khan1978

Dec 19, 2020
MY TIMELINE IS BELOW

Permanent Residence
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on September 18, 2019.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on January 14, 2020.
  3. We started processing your application on January 13, 2020.
  4. We sent you correspondence on September 17, 2020. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

Reactions: luckyrefugee

Waiting-18

Aug 23, 2020
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on August 20, 2019.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on December 13, 2019.
  3. We started processing your application on December 12, 2019.
  4. We sent you correspondence on September 2, 2020. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
MY TIMELINE IS ABOVE

Reactions: luckyrefugee