+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Time line for Permanent Residence application for Refugees

Ryan4

Nov 27, 2020
Hopefully you will. I don't know if it has anything to do with making your claim in canada. but there i did biometrics again and also a medical. my background did take a while which is why my hearing was postpone for like 2 years. so i don't know if immigration and IRB share SOME information. which may be why i was never asked for any of those.
I think you’re right, they do share SOME info, but not all. Like they don’t share your BOC and the reasons of the notice of decision. However, they do share your medical and background check.

Reactions: Yuki.03

cyberlink

Aug 10, 2020
Hey guys,
I have a quick question,
As a protected person should a person get a police check certification from his home country that was prosecuted in? For permanent resident and citizen application.
I mean it dosnt make sense if it should be.

Reactions: Sobajo and Ryan4

Sunshi

Nov 21, 2017
Hi there, i am April 2019 applicant, today after ghost update medical test has been passed on 1 Dec 2020 updated, can someone tell me please when it is expected to get decision email?

Ryan4

Nov 27, 2020
Hey guys,
I have a quick question,
As a protected person should a person get a police check certification from his home country that was prosecuted in? For permanent resident and citizen application.
I mean it dosnt make sense if it should be.
For the permanent resident applications, you don’t need a PCC from your home country, (the country you fear prosecution from).
They might ask you for a PCC if you lived in a country for more than six months but sometimes they don’t ask you at all.

For the citizenship applications, I’m not sure tbh.

Last edited:
Reactions: cyberlink

luckyrefugee

Mar 5, 2019
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
CPC missisuaga
App. Filed.......
10-12-2019
AOR Received.
26-11-2020
Med's Request
19-04-2021
Med's Done....
19-04-2021
LANDED..........
21-04-2021
Applied in April 01 2019
First Ghost update November 20th 2020
Medical passed/extended November 25th 2020
Called on November 25th agent said security not started ( KATBIYA)
Second ghost update this morning
Called today agent said everything passed
This afternoon received email notification that I received a message:
This refers to the Application for Permanent Residence you made under the Protected Person in
Canada class.
We are pleased to advise you that processing of your application has been completed.
GUYS is this AIP/DM??? what is the next steps???
congrats that a DM

luckyrefugee

Mar 5, 2019
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
CPC missisuaga
App. Filed.......
10-12-2019
AOR Received.
26-11-2020
Med's Request
19-04-2021
Med's Done....
19-04-2021
LANDED..........
21-04-2021
Applied in April 01 2019
First Ghost update November 20th 2020
Medical passed/extended November 25th 2020
Called on November 25th agent said security not started ( KATBIYA)
Second ghost update this morning
Called today agent said everything passed
This afternoon received email notification that I received a message:
This refers to the Application for Permanent Residence you made under the Protected Person in
Canada class.
We are pleased to advise you that processing of your application has been completed.
GUYS is this AIP/DM??? what is the next steps???
Can you please elaborate what they ask during the entire process. so we get an idea. Did they ask medical, RCMP fingerprints, PCC or anything else. have u lived outside your home country for more then 6 months.

Armaani

Star Member
Feb 20, 2019
Can you please elaborate what they ask during the entire process. so we get an idea. Did they ask medical, RCMP fingerprints, PCC or anything else. have u lived outside your home country for more then 6 months.
For sure:
I did medical only once When I applied for refugee claimant and no never lived anywhere else over 6 months! Have not been asked rcmp, pcc and or ABC lol and hope you all enjoy the approval soon as well... I am just still not sure when to expect Copr and when the ircc office will contact me

Reactions: luckyrefugee

Mom31

Star Member
Apr 26, 2019
Hi there, i am April 2019 applicant, today after ghost update medical test has been passed on 1 Dec 2020 updated, can someone tell me please when it is expected to get decision email?
As I understood by reading the previous posts. Mostly people got their decisions soon after medical pass update. Good luck

Reactions: saidur

luckyrefugee

Mar 5, 2019
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
CPC missisuaga
App. Filed.......
10-12-2019
AOR Received.
26-11-2020
Med's Request
19-04-2021
Med's Done....
19-04-2021
LANDED..........
21-04-2021
For sure:
I did medical only once When I applied for refugee claimant and no never lived anywhere else over 6 months! Have not been asked rcmp, pcc and or ABC lol and hope you all enjoy the approval soon as well... I am just still not sure when to expect Copr and when the ircc office will contact me
That’s great

Sobajo

Feb 1, 2019
For the permanent resident applications, you don’t need a PCC from your home country, (the country you fear prosecution from).
They might ask you for a PCC if you lived in a country for more than six months but sometimes they don’t ask you at all.

For the citizenship applications, I’m not sure tbh.
I am wondering they asked my friend wife to submit PCC and valid passport from her home country ! ( they asked them recently)

Ryan4

Nov 27, 2020
I am wondering they asked my friend wife to submit PCC and valid passport from her home country ! ( they asked them recently)
The most logical explanation I could come up with, is that your friend’s wife didn’t seek protection from her home country; therefore, she can get a PCC. Her husband can’t because he sought protection from his home country.

This is from IRCC website, “Note that PCCs are not required from the countries from which the applicant sought protection”.

KatbiyaNazi

Jun 13, 2019
I think your security has started, don’t believe to call agent they don’t really know or maybe it hasn’t been updated in your system. It’s better to order GCMS notes. Don’t worry my friend everything will be fine.
Thank you so much for your kind words. I hope it works for all us really soon insha'Allah!

Reactions: Jalalcananda

Mom31

Star Member
Apr 26, 2019
May be. But in my case I passed medical 25th August since then no update!
I think people are mentioning the medical update in the later stage of their application. Like if its already 17 18 months and you are close to your decision made and all the things are done only medical is expired by that time so they extend it and give you the decision.

Reactions: saidur

saidur

Dec 14, 2019
I think people are mentioning the medical update in the later stage of their application. Like if its already 17 18 months and you are close to your decision made and all the things are done only medical is expired by that time so they extend it and give you the decision.
I see thank you . I am May 29 /2019 applicant already 18 months . Only God knows