+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Time line for Permanent Residence application for Refugees

alien25

May 4, 2011
Hello Everyone,
I have a very weird information to share.
A friend of mine (parent with a minor child in Canada and husband back home) is PR applicant like us since January 2019.
She received a letter from the IRCC today asking her to submit her Resume/CV with exact roles and responsibilities back home along with her education.
Never heard of that!!! Let me know your thoughts pls.
Thanks
AOA
I received the same request.
Can I ask what happened next with your friend.
Thanks very much

alien25

May 4, 2011
They just sent their Resume and no news yet. They are from Iran. Are you also from Iran?
Do you have any healthcare background?
Thanks for your prompt reply.
I am not from Iran and I do not have any health care background or any experience.
Does your friends have any of the healthcare background?
But regardless of the background why would they required a Resume.
A very unusual request to me as it is not a skilled based PR application.

KatbiyaNazi

Jun 13, 2019
Thanks for your prompt reply.
I am not from Iran and I do not have any health care background or any experience.
Does your friends have any of the healthcare background?
But regardless of the background why would they required a Resume.
A very unusual request to me as it is not a skilled based PR application.
True, my friend and myself we were and still are shocked but IRCC did not give any explanation on why they asked them for Resume.
I think maybe because when PR applications do not clearly indicate what applicant did over the past 10 or so years, they ask for the Resume...
Because the forms do ask for previous jobs, education etc. etc. But it's a guess and I could be very well wrong.

Olaide81

Jul 8, 2018
i am an In-Canada PR applicant as a protected person. i submitted my PR Application 19/11/2019 then i got a letter in December 13,2019 that says ''This confirms that your application for permanent residence in Canada has been received by Immigration,Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) on 19/11/2019''.

Since then, i haven't heard anything. is anyone in this similar situation? Thanks

Last edited:

simple2000

Feb 19, 2019
Hey fellows, one question regarding the seized home country documents!
I know these are useless and we can't use them any more... but how they hand them back? before COVID within the PR interview , how is the situation now?

kelepirci

Star Member
Jan 22, 2020
Hi friends
I am an early Jan 2019 inland applicant.
Invitation to pre arrival services letter received last month.
I received a strange request in my CIC account.
They are asking for a resume for both myself and my spouse.
Anyone had similar experience or wanted to share their thoughts.
Cheers!
I personally know two applicants in your situation. One of them have already got his PR after 26 months the other one is still waiting.

According to their background, IRCC requests resume if they have higher education such as doctorate in certain areas.

Good luck and wish you quick PR.