+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Time line for Permanent Residence application for Refugees

AMA91

Oct 27, 2020
Good evening everyone, I hope you are doing well. I am a protected person too and I have a question that I am very very stressed about please. Last month I was asked to provide:
> Fingerprints: A set of original fingerprints This must be received at this office by: (Date)
> Police Certificate: From each country/state where I lived since the age of 18. (Already did and submitted that)

I am just very confused as to what does "providing a set of original fingerprints" means? I went to an accredited fingerprint agency the following day and they took my fingerprints and sent them to RCMP for police clearance. I explained to them that it was for my PR application and they told me that RCMP will mail the results to CIC. I am very stressed whether this is what CIC is requesting? Or do they want three different things, police certificates from any countries I lived in since the age of 18, RCMP clearance, AND a set of original fingerprints.

The deadline they gave me is due in a few days :((

Thank you so much in advance

Reactions: luckyrefugee

AMA91

Oct 27, 2020
Also, just to clarify, the email I received was a 7 pages pdf document. There was a one section that has a new headline and my information and following:
Fingerprinting procedure:
Fingerprints must be taken electronically by the Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP), local police, or an accredited private fingerprint agency. Please consult www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cr-cj/fing-empr2-eng.htm for detailed instructions.
after that a page says this:
Criminal Record Check based on Fingerprints
RCMP Detachment / Police Authorities
and then my information.

I'm just not 100% sure that this is what they want as a fulfillment of "original set of fingerprints" or if it's something different? I checked with CIC two weeks ago to see if they have received my RCMP clearance and they told a few hours ago that they cannot see that in my file (I am 100% sure I wrote the correct information but I am thinking maybe it either was lost in the mail or it takes long time to receive it? I did contact CIC today and attached a copy of the fingerprint receipt just as a proof that I did them since the deadline is in a few days). But I will also do it again and ask them to send it to my address and I will either upload them online or mail them myself with a tracking number.

I am sorry for the long posts and I really really hope you guys can help answer my question and calm me down.

Thank you so much again

Virgono1

Star Member
Nov 23, 2018
Hi everyone, today i receive email that my overseas dependents submit their documents to london office but they did not mention which address should we send documents and should I have to submit all these forms and documents or my overseas dependent have to fill and send it to london office? Plz guide me thanks in advance

Reactions: KatbiyaNazi

Onetv1

Star Member
May 15, 2018
Hi everyone, today i receive email that my overseas dependents submit their documents to london office but they did not mention which address should we send documents and should I have to submit all these forms and documents or my overseas dependent have to fill and send it to london office? Plz guide me thanks in advance
Congrats, you’ve received AIP

Reactions: KatbiyaNazi