received at IRCC: 1/Feb/2019
receipt confirmation 3/April/2019
FBI clearance: 24/July/2019
I send clearance: 2/August/2019
ask for medical exams: 5/March/2020
Medical exams received at IRCC: 15/March/2020
COPR received: 15/Oct/2020

We are a family of 5,we live already in Montreal Since august 2017
We received the COPR direct, without interview,without any phone call,just that, we received an digital letter on ours IRCC account

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
CIC-QUE-Pre-Landing@cic.gc.ca
Date: October 15, 2020
Unique Client Identifier (UCI): XXXXX
CoPR Document #: XXXXXX
Complet Name: XXXXXX
D.O.B xxxx/xx/xx
Country of Origin: XXXXXX
Male
Aplicattion Number: XXXXXXX
Address: XXXXXXXXX
Dear
XXXXXXXXX XXXXXXX XXXXX XXXXX
I am pleased to advise you that your application for permanent residence in Canada is now complete. Congratulations! You are now a permanent resident of Canada!
If you are currently outside of Canada, do not attempt to travel to Canada. Please contact us immediately at the following address and we will send you additional information: CIC-QUE-Pre-Landing@cic.gc.ca
This letter constitutes an official document issued by the Department of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada. You can provide a copy of this letter to prove that you are a permanent resident of Canada and to apply for benefits and services for which you are eligible, until you receive your permanent resident card.
This letter does not replace the permanent resident card; you are still required to submit the documentation to obtain your permanent resident card. Please print a copy of this letter and send it along with one photo that meets our photo specifications to the address listed above. Please ensure that you write your unique client identifier (UCI) and name on the back of the photo. You do not need to sign the letter nor the photo. If your address has changed, please provide us with your current address.
We realize that you may not be able to send this photo right now due to the COVID-19 situation. Please send this photo to us when it will be possible as per your provincial and/or local authorities’ guidelines. In the meantime, this letter will serve as proof of your permanent resident status in Canada. You can use this letter for one year and it must be accompanied by a travel document or a federal/provincial/territorial identity document. The permanent resident card is required after this one-year period.
After your FBI result sent to IRCC did you do any other biometric or police clearance?

Lewaymama

Jul 15, 2019
Its a notification when you open your GCKEY account it will say your account is updated but when you open the link there is nothing there
what’s your timeline? I think same happened to me. Can someone help explain what this means? Am a March applicant.

abelardo2017

May 2, 2020
"""""This letter refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada under the Protected Persons class.
It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent residence as a Protected Person. Please note that a final decision will not be made until all remaining requirements for becoming a permanent resident have been met. These requirements include medical, security and background checks for you and, if applicable, your family members. You cannot become a permanent resident until you and all your family members have met these requirements. The overseas office in London is responsible for processing the applications for permanent residence of your family members outside Canada.""""""

What does it mean? I'm a January 2019 principal applicant with 2 kids inside in Canada included in my in-land application. I have a husband and one kid abroad. Am I going to wait another year for their application or I will get it it first together with my 2 kids here in Canada after i received today the "AIP" Very confused..... Please Help me :(
I received the same letter but I dont know what it means in practice.

mugere

Star Member
Oct 26, 2018
Thanks for your response. Do you have an idea what that signifies?
The same happened to me on monday still waiting to see any change but for many people its something related to background check maybe securiy / criminality is complete and the file goes forward ...

For my case I called IRCC agent the day after the update the agent said I dont see any update about your application. so i dont know‍♂

Last edited:

alien25

May 4, 2011
Hi friends
I am an early Jan 2019 inland applicant.
Invitation to pre arrival services letter received last month.
I received a strange request in my CIC account.
They are asking for a resume for both myself and my spouse.
Anyone had similar experience or wanted to share their thoughts.
Cheers!

nathir

Aug 23, 2019
I am a Jan 2019 and got the invitation to pre arrival services today and not sure if that means it's an AIP.

Please keep us posted and will do the same