+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Time line for Permanent Residence application for Refugees

Lewaymama

Jul 15, 2019
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on November 13, 2019.
  2. We started processing your application on December 17, 2019.
  3. We sent you medical instructions on December 27, 2019. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  4. Medical results have been received.
  5. Interview & medical exam at 13 January 2020 done

I sent email to Canadian Embessy on march they answered me “ your application at final stage “ its mean i finished Security background check .
What mean final stage ??

then COVID-19 came so when i will get the visa ?

My application still “in process “

Did you apply in Canada or outside?

genyor

Star Member
Sep 1, 2019
Hi guys
Question: for who has timeline %100
Does your gckey page shows this information below

((Your application is taking us longer than usual to process.

About 20% of our applications are more complex to process. They take us longer due to things like how easily we can verify information, how well and how quickly you answer our requests and whether the application is complete.))

Halo14

Aug 19, 2017
Hi guys
Question: for who has timeline %100
Does your gckey page shows this information below

((Your application is taking us longer than usual to process.

About 20% of our applications are more complex to process. They take us longer due to things like how easily we can verify information, how well and how quickly you answer our requests and whether the application is complete.))
YES

Syedwaqaszia

Oct 8, 2020
Hi I'm new user. Please guide me
When I check status of my application online. There are two lines "we received your application on September 2018"
"we started processing your application on may 2019"
My file has moved to London visa office.
My biometrics was done in February 2020 still no medical request. My wife contacted to MP and I got to know initial assessment hasn't yet started, criminality verification not yet started etc Can anyone tell me when will I get medical request?
Please reply me I am desperately waiting to join my wife and daughter shes turning 6 in coming December she was 1.5 when she left with her mother.

OCanada1867

Star Member
Jan 1, 2020
Then u will continue working upto getting renewed work permit if u have applied for it already. U will have implied status after work permit expiry and that status is duly recognised by the CIC. no worries.
Are you sure? I was planning to discuss with my employer and let them know that I will be discontinuing job once my work permit expires because it is taking longer to get the renewed one. I mean if I have already applied and I am still able to work even if the current work expires, it is a good news for me.

Armaani

Star Member
Feb 20, 2019
Are you sure? I was planning to discuss with my employer and let them know that I will be discontinuing job once my work permit expires because it is taking longer to get the renewed one. I mean if I have already applied and I am still able to work even if the current work expires, it is a good news for me.
Yes he is right! I was in the same situation since you applied already and until a decision is made you can definitely keep working and if your employer has questions let them contact immigration! You are allowed to keep working and it is called: IMPLIED STATUS!

Lewaymama

Jul 15, 2019

You don't need to discontinue working, because you have and implied status. Present the doc received when you applied for the extension.

• Love
Reactions: OCanada1867

Jalalcananda

May 24, 2018
Hi Friends, I am in a confusing situation. I working full time, permanent job at the moment. My work permit expires in the end of November. I applied for work permit early September but it still shows submitted, not even under process. If I don't get my work permit by the end of Nov, I need to stop working. Any advice as how long it has taken for work permit renewal for other people? I am a Feb '19 PR applicant by the way.
You can continue working because you applied 6 weeks before expiration. Anyway it is dependent on your employer.

• Love
Reactions: OCanada1867

Jalalcananda

May 24, 2018
Hi Friends
Jalal is here. ;)
I was reading the forum and it seems there are not many new copr in last few weeks. Does anyone know what is going on?
If canuck78 doesn't get upset I should say system is too slow and broken.
For example it toke 42days for them to give me a new sin number.
I know now people rush to say I got my sin in 15min or 10days. That is not the point.
This broken system now has an excuse called COVID-19.
And it is almost new year and they are slowing down to prepare for the hollowness and their new year vacation. After all they have worked so hard during the 2020 and they deserve a very long rest.
Today is Thanksgiving, let's thank IRCC for its great work. :cool:

saidur

Dec 14, 2019
It takes about 3month for it to get to you. And your status becomes implied status and you can continue working with that doc.
I have applied for work permit renewal 1st June online and received my new permit mid of July 2020. It’s look 45 days

Last edited: