+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Time line for Permanent Residence application for Refugees

Syedwaqaszia

Oct 8, 2020
Hi I'm new user. Please guide me
When I check status of my application online. There are two lines "we received your application on September 2018"
"we started processing your application on may 2019"
My file has moved to London visa office.
My biometrics was done in February 2020 still no medical request. My wife contacted to MP and I got to know initial assessment hasn't yet started, criminality verification not yet started etc Can anyone tell me when will I get medical request?

Rahim khan

Mar 10, 2019
london
Category........
VISIT
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Finally today see my application online .
Permanent Residence
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on September 19, 2019.
  2. We started processing your application on October 2, 2020.
  3. We sent you correspondence on February 1, 2020. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

Reactions: Jahlove2000
Dec 13, 2017
It seems we are in same situation. I have passed medical on 24 September. According to GCSM and status update from my MP, I have passed security and background. There is nothing else in my application and hoping to get COPR soon.

If you do not have any outstanding security or background check, you will get COPR very soon.
Thanks if you get anything pls update .

KatbiyaNazi

Jun 13, 2019
I am May 2018 applicant.
Sad that it has taken you longer than the expected time. But happy to see that you are almost there. Pls reach out to IRCC though webform. It's better than calling them. And inquire about the the status, put a little pressure in a positive way. Good luck!

kelepirci

Star Member
Jan 22, 2020
Just received strange update about my valid TRV. It was in Approved state but this morning the state changed to Application/profile updated. When I check the details, I was no longer able to see details of my TRV.

According to IRCC website and some form entries; valid Temporary Resident Visa (as known as visitor visa) gets cancelled when you become PR.

We do not issue temporary resident visas (TRV) to permanent residents (PR). If you are outside Canada without a valid PR card, you must apply for a permanent resident travel document (PRTD) instead. If you meet the requirements for a PRTD, you can return to Canada as a PR.
Source: https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/visa.asp

So I am hoping to get my COPR today or tomorrow (If God willing).

Virgono1

Star Member
Nov 23, 2018
Just received strange update about my valid TRV. It was in Approved state but this morning the state changed to Application/profile updated. When I check the details, I was no longer able to see details of my TRV.

According to IRCC website and some form entries; valid Temporary Resident Visa (as known as visitor visa) gets cancelled when you become PR.

We do not issue temporary resident visas (TRV) to permanent residents (PR). If you are outside Canada without a valid PR card, you must apply for a permanent resident travel document (PRTD) instead. If you meet the requirements for a PRTD, you can return to Canada as a PR.
Source: https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/visa.asp

So I am hoping to get my COPR today or tomorrow (If God willing).
Plz share ur timeline

kelepirci

Star Member
Jan 22, 2020
Plz share ur timeline
My timeline:

Permanent Residence
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on December 13, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on January 31, 2019.
  3. We started processing your application on January 30, 2019.
  4. Medical results have been received.
  5. We sent you medical instructions on September 1, 2020. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  6. Review of medical results - September 24, 2020:You passed the medical exam.

Virgono1

Star Member
Nov 23, 2018
My timeline:

Permanent Residence
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on January 31, 2019.
  5. We sent you medical instructions on September 1, 2020. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
I hope u got copr very very soon

saidur

Dec 14, 2019
Hahaha after 21 months of waiting and completed my timeline % 100
I have updated in my gckey
It shows new information

Application status
We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.

Latest update:
Review of medical results - November 7, 2019:You passed the medical exam.

from here I got today
Your application is taking us longer than usual to process.

About 20% of our applications are more complex to process. They take us longer due to things like how easily we can verify information, how well and how quickly you answer our requests and whether the application is complete.

If you aren't seeing updates, contact us using this Web form. Make sure you read your messages and take action when we ask you to.
really its disappointing at the same time frustrating

SpaceWatcher

Jul 31, 2020
My timeline:

Permanent Residence
Hope for some good news soon.

Reactions: vipush