+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Time line for Permanent Residence application for Refugees

Elyas1

Star Member
Nov 26, 2019
Just finish listening to CBC's interview with Marco E. L. Mendicino, Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship, about a pathway to permanent residency for refugee claimants who work/working in health care. He said they have introduced a temporary measure that will provide a pathway to permanent residency for asylum claimants working in the health-care sector during the COVID-19 pandemic. Here is also the link from IRCC's website.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/2020/08/pathway-to-permanent-residency-recognizes-exceptional-service-of-asylum-claimants-on-front-lines-of-covid-19-pandemic.html

Reactions: adbcca and maedow

TheVoice2020

Apr 21, 2020
My passport is still with them though I applied in July to give it back but no news from them yet.
and they may never reply haha, they are maybe just writing on your file for CBSA to check your every move and as soon as you do something to just revoke your PR status, i never understood people who are like you, can't wait to be a PR to get your home country passport!! the same country you had to run away from :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: now you want the passport back.. haha

RefugeeHelp1

May 23, 2019
Category........
Other
Just finish listening to CBC's interview with Marco E. L. Mendicino, Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship, about a pathway to permanent residency for refugee claimants who work/working in health care. He said they have introduced a temporary measure that will provide a pathway to permanent residency for asylum claimants working in the health-care sector during the COVID-19 pandemic. Here is also the link from IRCC's website.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/2020/08/pathway-to-permanent-residency-recognizes-exceptional-service-of-asylum-claimants-on-front-lines-of-covid-19-pandemic.html

To qualify, individuals must meet all of the following criteria:

• have claimed asylum before March 13, 2020
  • were issued a work permit after they made a claim for asylum
  • have worked in the health-care sector, in health institutions (for example, hospitals, long-term care homes, home care through an organization or agency, assisted living facilities)
  • have worked in a designated occupation for no less than 120 hours between March 13, 2020 and August 14, 2020. The designated occupations that are included in this special measure are orderlies, nurses, nurses’ aides and patient service associates, assistant orderlies and certain home support workers.
  • demonstrate 6 months of experience in the designated occupation before being granted permanent residence. Applicants will have until August 31, 2021 to acquire this experience.
  • have a Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ), if wishing to reside in Quebec
  • meet existing admissibility requirements, including those related to criminality, security and health

jack_2001

Star Member
Sep 7, 2016
and they may never reply haha, they are maybe just writing on your file for CBSA to check your every move and as soon as you do something to just revoke your PR status, i never understood people who are like you, can't wait to be a PR to get your home country passport!! the same country you had to run away from :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: now you want the passport back.. haha
Without any mention to your racist expression(people like you)
I will explain to you why he is searching for his home country passport.. The simple answer is that he read alot that after giving people PR, they return their passport... That's why he is waiting, not because he want to use it, as much as he knows that they will give it to him or her as a procedure following the PR status

Yessam07

Star Member
Apr 27, 2018
i agree, they can keep it i don't have any use for it, i can use my RTD and in two years i'll apply or Citizenship and get my Canadian passport
A quick question for you: When they start counting 5 years required to apply for citizenship? Is the time you received your PR or the time you received the refugee status?

Amraneka

Star Member
Jul 25, 2020
A quick question for you: When they start counting 5 years required to apply for citizenship? Is the time you received your PR or the time you received the refugee status?
3 years required and days from hearing date to landing date , counts half, after landing date every day will be counted.

Yessam07

Star Member
Apr 27, 2018
3 years required and days from hearing date to landing date, counts half, after landing date every day will be counted.
So, let's say hearing to landing date is 22 months (11 months being counted). After landing date, you have only 25 months (36 -11) to apply for citizenship, which would be like 2 years and 1 month! Correct me if I am wrong!

simple2000

Feb 19, 2019
Dislike

Reactions: jack_2001

RefugeeHelp1

May 23, 2019
Category........
Other
3 years required and days from hearing date to landing date , counts half, after landing date every day will be counted.
Correct time as a visitor or PP counts as 365 max so basically 1 year.

You can also use the tool call citizenship calculator and it will give you the exact date because it will deduct dates from travel ETC ETC