+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Time line for Permanent Residence application for Refugees

Virgono1

Star Member
Nov 23, 2018
I am protected person and applied for PR and my daughter is my dependent. She came here in Canada 2017 on international study visa but unfortunately she did not attend the college and now her study permit is going to be expired in Jan 2021. Can anyone guide us what should we do? Should we have to wait for my PR application to be approved (which is expected in January 2021) or should we have to apply for her visit visa? Plz help thanks
I m march 2019 applicant 83% bar shows 15 weeks left.

smsameer

Dec 21, 2017
Hi, Can anyone help me as I have applied for PR as a protected person in the 1st week of Feb. 2020. It has been six months now and I still have no information (email or otherwise) about my application nor do I know the status of my application. I understand that due to the Covid situation my application my be delayed but I was hoping to at least know that they have received my application and it is under process. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

Rose@watan

Star Member
Apr 19, 2020
Military record will be checked

And it takes a lot of time.
That is why you have not yet get final decision
They already request it when we they gave us our visas when we came to Canada in 2013 after that by one month they gave the visas to us and then we came.
The thing is whey they requested it after two years why they did not request it before?
we wrote they my husband did his national obligatory military service since 1995 for two years that he has to do in my home country.
I am May 2018 applicant and they requested this in the end of April 2020.

Reactions: jack_2001

refugeewithkids

Jul 24, 2020
we called IRCC and they said they mailed us a letter in May, but we dont have a copy of it, nor the lawyer,,, we sent them many messages through the inquire form but no one is replying with a copy of the letter, they only COVID and we are worried...

what should we do?

jack_2001

Star Member
Sep 7, 2016
Military record will be checked

And it takes a lot of time.
That is why you have not yet get final decision
Checking the military records are part of security check, as long as she passed the security, this mean that they done with it, also me I sent them my military record more than a year ago

Reactions: Rose@watan

RefugeeHelp1

May 23, 2019
Category........
Other
Hi, Can anyone help me as I have applied for PR as a protected person in the 1st week of Feb. 2020. It has been six months now and I still have no information (email or otherwise) about my application nor do I know the status of my application. I understand that due to the Covid situation my application my be delayed but I was hoping to at least know that they have received my application and it is under process. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!
As you said due to covid 19 you will have to wait unfortuently no one hear can tell you anything TBH and if you call IRCC they wl say the same thing Covid has limited our staff ETC ETC ETC

Good luck

Virgono1

Star Member
Nov 23, 2018
I am protected person and applied for PR and my daughter is my dependent. She came here in Canada 2017 on international study visa but unfortunately she did not attend the college and now her study permit is going to be expired in Jan 2021. Can anyone guide us what should we do? Should we have to wait for my PR application to be approved (which is expected in January 2021) or should we have to apply for her visit visa? Plz help thanks
Any suggestions would appreciated thanks

Refu0202

Apr 14, 2020
I don't think she can get visit visa. when she apply ,they ask previous visa details & no guarantee that you and your daughter get PR before her visa expired. better consult with a immigration consultant before expire visa. avoid overstay

Refu0202

Apr 14, 2020
we called IRCC and they said they mailed us a letter in May, but we dont have a copy of it, nor the lawyer,,, we sent them many messages through the inquire form but no one is replying with a copy of the letter, they only COVID and we are worried...

what should we do?
update your current address. Do you have online account? if not create one and link your application. so you can get email communication. you can request ATIP for any correspondent. but its take a month long. you don't know what are they ask and time frame in that letter. you double check in the place which you gave mailing address for the letter.
when you request ATIP choose
The application,supporting documents, and correspondent send to and /or from ircc

for "Which specific information are you looking for?" question

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
If your daughter did not attend college, then her study permit was most likely canceled by IRCC and she is already out of status in Canada. I don't think there is anything she can do except wait for your application to be approved.

TheVoice2020

Apr 21, 2020

You should call IRCC and find out her status and if she still has status in canada because IRCC might have already canceld her permit and now she is liveig in canada without status which can make her not eligable for PR and you will get your PR and she might not and get banned for 10 years these are possibilities so contact IRCC and check and let them answer these questions for you not in a forum with people who have no projectional experience with this...

at this point the school she ws acceted to have already reported her to IRCC and she might even have a removal order against her and CBSA might deport her, she is taking a very risky move

all the best to y'll

i hope non of the above is true

good luck

Virgono1

Star Member
Nov 23, 2018
You should call IRCC and find out her status and if she still has status in canada because IRCC might have already canceld her permit and now she is liveig in canada without status which can make her not eligable for PR and you will get your PR and she might not and get banned for 10 years these are possibilities so contact IRCC and check and let them answer these questions for you not in a forum with people who have no projectional experience with this...

at this point the school she ws acceted to have already reported her to IRCC and she might even have a removal order against her and CBSA might deport her, she is taking a very risky move

all the best to y'll

i hope non of the above is true

good luck
Thank you for ur support as I was so upset with all these I will try to consult someone. So desperate these days no job feeling so I'll living without family and now these things make me soo upset . Sometime I feel so helpless I can't do anything for my family. BTW Thanks once again

• Sad
Reactions: Refu0202