+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Time line for Permanent Residence application for Refugees

RefugeeHelp1

May 23, 2019
Category........
Other
send off me and my family pictures today for PR card how long b4 i get it
Processing time for new PR 128 days basically 4 months 2 weeks :):):):) everything takes forever in canada

Good luck at least the wait to know you are PR is done, make sure to apply for your new sin online as well for all members really easy applications

COngrats again

• Sad
Reactions: Jalalcananda

Jalalcananda

May 24, 2018
Processing time for new PR 128 days basically 4 months 2 weeks :):):):) everything takes forever in canada

Good luck at least the wait to know you are PR is done, make sure to apply for your new sin online as well for all members really easy applications

COngrats again
I came to Canada with a work visa. I could apply for express entry but a friend! just misguided me. I believed him and applied 6 months later for refugee protection! My mistake!
My refugee application was going to be finalized in June 2018 but just one day before hearing they called me and canceled it and 1 week later the case officer (which had a last name similar to the current dictator of Turkey!) sent me a letter and said that because I came to Canada by work visa I made fraud by applying for asylum! and she asked the minister's office to intervene. Anyway, the minister's office replied and showed her a middle finger and said they are not interested to intervene. Finally, instead of June, my interview was in September. The judge was an angle and I was accepted easily.
If that Turkish case officer had not made that nonsense accusation I would have my PP status in June and could apply earlier and probably had my PR by now. Now another case officer just ignoring my case for an infinite period of time.
Now someone says WE MUST LOVE CASE OFFICERS! and I said "I do not" and my reply was deleted by admin.
What they are doing to our life is extremely unfair.

adbcca

Feb 21, 2019
Based on my experience, unfortunately, ex-immigrants always make my life hard in Canada when I have to deal with them, especially when they work in the government's, in contrast when you deal with white Canadians, they are very pure non-judgemental people.

jack_2001

Star Member
Sep 7, 2016
I came to Canada with a work visa. I could apply for express entry but a friend! just misguided me. I believed him and applied 6 months later for refugee protection! My mistake!
My refugee application was going to be finalized in June 2018 but just one day before hearing they called me and canceled it and 1 week later the case officer (which had a last name similar to the current dictator of Turkey!) sent me a letter and said that because I came to Canada by work visa I made fraud by applying for asylum! and she asked the minister's office to intervene. Anyway, the minister's office replied and showed her a middle finger and said they are not interested to intervene. Finally, instead of June, my interview was in September. The judge was an angle and I was accepted easily.
If that Turkish case officer had not made that nonsense accusation I would have my PP status in June and could apply earlier and probably had my PR by now. Now another case officer just ignoring my case for an infinite period of time.
Now someone says WE MUST LOVE CASE OFFICERS! and I said "I do not" and my reply was deleted by admin.
What they are doing to our life is extremely unfair.
25 months waiting for hearing, then almost 2 years waiting for PR, then 4 months for PR card, then one year for bringing my family
What I really think that government jobs here in Canada is most likely a life time very easy, with no enough supervision
Why they care about others, while no one is caring.

Refu0202

Apr 14, 2020

COngrats again
Someone in this forum got his card within 1month. Now don’t need to apply card separately.

• Wow
Reactions: Jalalcananda

RefugeeHelp1

May 23, 2019
Category........
Other
Someone in this forum got his card within 1month. Now don’t need to apply card separately.
You need to send a photo taken within the last 6 months to IRCC with a copy of our COPR in order for them to issue a PR card. and a new PR card processing is now 128 days last month it was 60 days now its increased as everything else

the instructions are in the COPR letter they give you the document valid for 1 year since covid is happening. ill show you a cop of the COPR under this post

Reactions: Refu0202

Altamsh

Star Member
Jan 6, 2020
So if i get my corp Letter, Can i trave on the RTD which i already have or i should get the new PR travel document? Instead of waiting for the 128 days for PR card. Are they any different?

Last edited:
Reactions: jack_2001

levenscan

Oct 30, 2018
So if i get my corp Letter, Can i trave on the RTD which i already have or i should get the new PR travel document? Instead of waiting for the 128 days for PR card. Are they any different?
if you become PR you can not travel without PR card

jack_2001

Star Member
Sep 7, 2016
I THINK YOU CAN TRAVEL, WITH CORP ,I WILL DO MY SELF AS BY LAW YOU ALREADY BECOME A PERMENANT RESIDENT OF CANADA ,HAVING THE PR CARD OR NOT IS ANOTHER ISSUE

jack_2001

Star Member
Sep 7, 2016
Hello guys,

anybody has experience why sometimes criminality takes very long time even more than the security?
even though you are very confident that you and the family members are clean and clear and in the GCMS notes was written no crim. record since April, 2020
I am sooooooo depressed
I DONT KNOW IF THIS IS A GOOD NEWS OR NOT
today i called ircc ,the agent was very nice ,she told me that security passed,and criminality still in process
i think i passed security months ago
:) :) :) :) :) :)

Noraalzomor

Star Member
Jan 21, 2020
Today I received the eligibility email asking me to send my husband’s document to ABU DHABI office. How long will take to process my husband’s application?
Also, do I fill IMM 0008 as I filled it the first time (i.e., I am the principal applicant and he is a dependent?)

BTW: I applied 26 Sep 2018, get married June 2019, added my husband to my application Sep 2019, received eligibility email Oct 2019, and today they sent me the eligibility email again requesting these documents.

Reactions: Refu0202

RefugeeHelp1

May 23, 2019
Category........
Other
You can travel with or without COPR just have a RTD i've travelled multiple times and i just got COPR so its not a big deal TBH

Altamsh

Star Member
Jan 6, 2020
I DONT KNOW IF THIS IS A GOOD NEWS OR NOT
today i called ircc ,the agent was very nice ,she told me that security passed,and criminality still in process
i think i passed security months ago
:) :) :) :) :) :)
I haven't got my Criminality passed yet. But in my GCMS notes it was written infront of Criminality that
(No reportable traces found). GCMS notes In Feb 2020.
Im March 2019 applicant