+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Time line for Permanent Residence application for Refugees

Halo14

Aug 19, 2017
Hi everyone!

I’m a June-2018 applicant for PR, as a convention refugee, inside Canada.

Happy to tell you that yesterday I got CoPR, after almost 26 months.

On July 30 (yesterday), I received an email from a Case Processing Agent asking me to inform them whether or not I am residing in Canada now. And on the same day, I saw in my GCKey account that a final decision has been made, my application was approved. The account also contains the number of Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR).

On July 31, which is today, I received an email containing the long-awaited CoPR.
In this document, they wrote: "Congratulations! You are now a permanent resident of Canada!" :)

My Time line:
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on June 7, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on October 16, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on October 15, 2018.
  4. We sent you medical instructions on December 10, 2018. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  5. Medical results have been received.
  6. We sent you correspondence on February 15, 2019. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  7. You entered Canada at the Etobicoke IRCC office on July 30, 2020 and became a Permanent Resident.
My common-law partner is outside of Canada.
So, it remains for us to hope that PR process in relation to my overseas dependant will not be very lengthy.

Good luck everyone! :)
Congratulations

Reactions: Edwartt

RefugeeHelp1

May 23, 2019
Category........
Other
Hi.. is Application number same as Rpd file number?? Thanks
Your Application Number/Case Number starts with a letter and is followed by a combination of nine (9) numbers or letters. (Example: B000000000 or EP00000000).

RPD number is for Refugee protection devision so that cannot be used to pull up an IRCC application for PR if that is what you are asking two separate departments

Reactions: Saba321

Refu0202

Apr 14, 2020
Hi everyone
I have been following this forum since I sent in my pr application in 2018 August. And this being my first post,i am glad to tell you that i got COPR today after 23 months.

THINGS TO LOOKOUT FOR DURING THE PROCESS.
1. Ghost updates, these will help you know whether and when you need to apply for gcms notes. Find details on this here,https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/application-stages-what-they-mean-mep-ip1-ip2-ghost-update-version-2019.612656/
2.For those with expired medical, Once you see that your medical has been reassessed or passed, Just know COPR is just a week away. Find details here https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/bulletins-2012/423-expired-may-24-2012.html
I thank everyone here for the updates and keep the positive vibes going. There is light at the end of the tunnel.
I welcome any questions
Thanks again.
congratulation :)

Refu0202

Apr 14, 2020
Hi, my friend.

My profile does not show anything new.

I never had fantom updates.

My medical never showed expired and still says we do not need medical although my GCMS says it was expired March 2020.

They asked me for POC in May 2019 and I sent them by post and they have received it but my profile still says

We need additional documents to continue processing your application. We will send you a message with more details.
I think my profile is dead as hell. I am wondering what is the point of checking it! :confused:

Details about your application status

When we get your application, there are a series of steps it may go through before we make a decision. Use the following table to find out the current status of each application step.

Review of eligibilityHelp - Review of eligibility
We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical resultsHelp - Review of medical results
You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
Review of additional documentsHelp - Review of additional documents
We need additional documents to continue processing your application. We will send you a message with more details.
InterviewHelp - Interview
You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
BiometricsHelp - Biometrics
We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background checkHelp - Background check
We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decisionHelp - Final decision
Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
Don't worry about updates in you account.As per my experience, they don't update until we got DM

Refu0202

Apr 14, 2020
Hi everyone!

I’m a June-2018 applicant for PR, as a convention refugee, inside Canada.

Happy to tell you that yesterday I got CoPR, after almost 26 months.

On July 30 (yesterday), I received an email from a Case Processing Agent asking me to inform them whether or not I am residing in Canada now. And on the same day, I saw in my GCKey account that a final decision has been made, my application was approved. The account also contains the number of Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR).

On July 31, which is today, I received an email containing the long-awaited CoPR.
In this document, they wrote: "Congratulations! You are now a permanent resident of Canada!" :)

My Time line:
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on June 7, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on October 16, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on October 15, 2018.
  4. We sent you medical instructions on December 10, 2018. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  5. Medical results have been received.
  6. We sent you correspondence on February 15, 2019. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  7. You entered Canada at the Etobicoke IRCC office on July 30, 2020 and became a Permanent Resident.
My common-law partner is outside of Canada.
So, it remains for us to hope that PR process in relation to my overseas dependant will not be very lengthy.

Good luck everyone! :)
Congratulation :)

Saba321

Jan 26, 2018
Your Application Number/Case Number starts with a letter and is followed by a combination of nine (9) numbers or letters. (Example: B000000000 or EP00000000).

RPD number is for Refugee protection devision so that cannot be used to pull up an IRCC application for PR if that is what you are asking two separate departments
I want to use it for my gcms notes. I was bit confused what file number should I use?

Mano1110786

Oct 25, 2019
Been a while since i came on here, or even check my application!!!!

i'll update you when i receive an official letter for now it just updated today to DM but no letter and my medical updated yesterday from expired to pass.

i also just notice July 31 will. make 3 year since i came to Canada i got my protected person status within 6 month that was so quick only if PR did not take a full 2 years :cool::cool: but life is great!!!! new position at work making over 92,500 per year getting to spend time with my mom in the US has kept me busy and not coming on this forum...

ALL THE BEST TO US ALL AND GOOD LUCK

ApplicantPermanent Residence Application Status
Decision Made
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on October 1, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on December 19, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on December 18, 2018.
  4. We sent you correspondence on December 10, 2018. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  5. We sent you correspondence on March 9, 2019. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  6. We sent you medical instructions on May 16, 2019. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  7. Medical results have been received.
Good to hear from you. Congratulations !!!!

• Love
Reactions: RefugeeHelp1

RefugeeHelp1

May 23, 2019
Category........
Other
I want to use it for my gcms notes. I was bit confused what file number should I use?
have you applied for PR??????? or are you still in the processing of gaining protected person status????? what are you ordering the GCMS notes for which ever one put the application number for that!! or PR app number or your RPD file number depending on what you are applying for

Weley

Star Member
Nov 13, 2019
i no longer trust GCMS, the one i got last month said criminality in progress, security -- blank. eligibility--blank and then this month decision GCMS is crap and meant to depress us as far as i am concerned-------you just never know what will happen and when IRCC is very unpredictable
Hi man
I just received my second gcms note and was no different from other one as criminally in progress and security not start and eligibility not start and they extend my medical on Jan 2020 so do you think gcms note not trusted anymore as I’m very depressed after I got this gcms note
I’m April 1 2019 applicant
Thanks

Mano1110786

Oct 25, 2019
have you applied for PR??????? or are you still in the processing of gaining protected person status????? what are you ordering the GCMS notes for which ever one put the application number for that!! or PR app number or your RPD file number depending on what you are applying for
I need help for the renewal of my travel document, I tried many times for urgent support through a web form and called IRCC many times but all in vain. I need to know what should I do? Should I send my form to Ottawa?

Mano1110786

Oct 25, 2019
I need help for the renewal of my travel document, I tried many times for urgent support through a web form and called IRCC many times but all in vain. I need to know what should I do? Should I send my form to Ottawa?

zameer23

Jan 20, 2020
Congratulations to all applicants who finally got their residencies!
It seems like I am the only June 2018 applicant left in this forum:rolleyes::)
I really hope I hear something soon.
I called IRCC a week ago and was told the same old usual response of “everything seems to be okay your application is still in process all you need to do is wait”
I’m closing in on 26 months in a few days :(