+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Time line for Permanent Residence application for Refugees

RefugeeHelp1

May 23, 2019
Category........
Other
I'm Aug 2018 - soon will be 2 years of waiting. Security passed in February. I see people get DM here - any of them from Mississauga?
i no longer trust GCMS, the one i got last month said criminality in progress, security -- blank. eligibility--blank and then this month decision GCMS is crap and meant to depress us as far as i am concerned-------you just never know what will happen and when IRCC is very unpredictable

SpaceWatcher

Jul 31, 2020
That is the answer that I want... Thank you for your reply... So it means no signs of telling that ur medical extended ? just suddenly u got COPR?
I got a ghost update on my status, then i realized that review of additional documents had turned to NOT APPLICABLE. (Someone told me its a security complete sign)
Then after a week,i got a second ghost update,next day i found my expired medicals passed.

simple2000

Feb 19, 2019
I got a ghost update on my status, then i realized that review of additional documents had turned to NOT APPLICABLE. (Someone told me its a security complete sign)
Then after a week,i got a second ghost update,next day i found my expired medicals passed.
So i reached to the conclusion that they don't update medcs untill u pass the security!

Reactions: Jalalcananda

SpaceWatcher

Jul 31, 2020
Reactions: simple2000

Edwartt

Mar 15, 2019
Hi everyone!

I’m a June-2018 applicant for PR, as a convention refugee, inside Canada.

Happy to tell you that yesterday I got CoPR, after almost 26 months.

On July 30 (yesterday), I received an email from a Case Processing Agent asking me to inform them whether or not I am residing in Canada now. And on the same day, I saw in my GCKey account that a final decision has been made, my application was approved. The account also contains the number of Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR).

On July 31, which is today, I received an email containing the long-awaited CoPR.
In this document, they wrote: "Congratulations! You are now a permanent resident of Canada!" :)

My Time line:
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on June 7, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on October 16, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on October 15, 2018.
  4. We sent you medical instructions on December 10, 2018. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  5. Medical results have been received.
  6. We sent you correspondence on February 15, 2019. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  7. You entered Canada at the Etobicoke IRCC office on July 30, 2020 and became a Permanent Resident.
My common-law partner is outside of Canada.
So, it remains for us to hope that PR process in relation to my overseas dependant will not be very lengthy.

Good luck everyone! :)

RefugeeHelp1

May 23, 2019
Category........
Other
Hi everyone!

On July 30 (yesterday), I received an email from a Case Processing Agent asking me to inform them whether or not I am residing in Canada now. And on the same day, I saw in my GCKey account that a final decision has been made, my application was approved. The account also contains the number of Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR).

On July 31, which is today, I received an email containing the long-awaited CoPR.
In this document, they wrote: "Congratulations! You are now a permanent resident of Canada!" :)

My Time line:
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on October 16, 2018.
  4. We sent you medical instructions on December 10, 2018. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  6. We sent you correspondence on February 15, 2019. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  7. You entered Canada at the Etobicoke IRCC office on July 30, 2020 and became a Permanent Resident.
So, it remains for us to hope that PR process in relation to my overseas dependant will not be very lengthy.

woot woot !!!!!!!!!! congratulations another one!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: Edwartt

maedow

Star Member
Dec 13, 2019
Hi everyone!

My Time line:

Congratulations. Good news everywhere. All the best with your dependant outside Canada.