+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Time line for Permanent Residence application for Refugees

TheVoice2020

Apr 21, 2020
Hi can anybody suggest me
To send my travel document application to Ottawa as IRCC is not letting me submit on urgent basis. I have sent the web form four times but all in vain.. every time I am getting the same reply and today they said NO to me and asked me to wait.. im
Upset plz suggest what should
I do
Have you followed the instructions on IRCC website on how to submit an application if you deem it URGENT

Valid urgent travel reasons include if you’re travelling

• for a medical reason because you have a serious illness
  • because of the serious illness or death of someone you have a relationship with
  • because you’ll have financial problems from the loss of a job or business
  • to support an essential service
  • for humanitarian reasons
    • You need a letter from your organization that lists the humanitarian reasons.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/passport.html

Good Luck

TheVoice2020

Apr 21, 2020
The problem is my first correspondence said they received the application in that November/December period

from what I understand the next step should have been “we’ve started processing your application” which seems to start almost immediately after the receiving.

8 months later and still nothing. This was before covid. This seems like a scenario where a lawyer might actually be needed? What do you guys think?
You can call IRCC by phone and get an update as to why you have not received an AoR, maybe your application is incomplete and they will send you a letter to say that, or they just have not entered the info in the system, but getting an lawyer is a wait of money when you have a phone since a lawyer does not have some type of special access to a federal government agency.

Telephone: 1-888-242-2100 (in Canada only)

Good Luck

TheVoice2020

Apr 21, 2020
Saw my PR card in the mail today -----

Submitted App -- Oct 2, 2018
AoR -- Nov 2018
Med-- Feb 2019
CoPR- July 2, 2020.
Sent photo July 3rd (express /same day delivery)

Used it in an LCBO today cause i look like a child and always get Id'd :cool::cool::cool:.

All the best to everyone else waiting --- @RefugeeHelp1 i have not seen you in a while but thanks for all the help you have given and all the questions you have answered and encouragements as well, i wish you well and hope i see your good news soon when you logg back onn,i know you got a promotion at work so you have been very busy :):):) also my fellow October applicants @Jalalcananda i cannot wait until you say I GOT MY COPR as well..

Good Night & GOOD LUCKKKK!!!!!!

Amraneka

Star Member
Jul 25, 2020

AoR -- Nov 2018
Med-- Feb 2019
CoPR- July 2, 2020.

Used it in an LCBO today cause i look like a child and always get Id'd :cool::cool::cool:.

All the best to everyone else waiting --- @RefugeeHelp1 i have not seen you in a while but thanks for all the help you have given and all the questions you have answered and encouragements as well, i wish you well and hope i see your good news soon when you logg back onn,i know you got a promotion at work so you have been very busy :):):) also my fellow October applicants @Jalalcananda i cannot wait until you say I GOT MY COPR as well..

Hi buddy. Can i ask you did you get back your passport? If yes, how did you get that?

Luye

Jul 26, 2019
I do not think a lawyer is needed. Have you tried calling IRCC to inquire if they have started working on your application?
Yes ive called a couple times.

they say the same thing. “Your application has been received, it hasn’t started processing yet, nothing seems wrong etc”. Ive just never heard of someone getting a receiving acknowledgement and 8 months later still not having the “application has begun processing”

i will call again and ask directly if my file is incomplete. I applied with a social work immigration agency so I don’t See why there would be a mistake

Luye

Jul 26, 2019
You can call IRCC by phone and get an update as to why you have not received an AoR, maybe your application is incomplete and they will send you a letter to say that, or they just have not entered the info in the system, but getting an lawyer is a wait of money when you have a phone since a lawyer does not have some type of special access to a federal government agency.

Telephone: 1-888-242-2100 (in Canada only)

Good Luck
Yes im aware that lawyers have no special access i just am very confused.

can I just ask again so im sure the process is first you send your application. you get letter acknowledging they’ve received the application? Then shortly after you should get another correspondence saying they’ve started processing right?

Luye

Jul 26, 2019
Finally when i try logging in online to track it says they can’t find my file, is this
because it hasn’t started processing yet?

TheVoice2020

Apr 21, 2020
Yes im aware that lawyers have no special access i just am very confused.

can I just ask again so im sure the process is first you send your application. you get letter acknowledging they’ve received the application? Then shortly after you should get another correspondence saying they’ve started processing right?
Agreed i have never seen someone wait this long for AoR, i guess they really have a-lot of applications that is weird and applying with a firm does not mean any mistakes mine was incomplete after they did it for me and i made all the corrections my self and sent to IRCC but they told me its incomplete after 4 months and then i did the corrections same day and printed and sent off the same day and got AoR 3 months after i sent the corrections but in your case nothing at all its new to me TBH ......all the best,

Reactions: Refu0202

Jalalcananda

May 24, 2018

AoR -- Nov 2018
Med-- Feb 2019
CoPR- July 2, 2020.

Congratulations. That is a great news.
I wish all of us get good news soon.

Reactions: Refu0202

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Yes ive called a couple times.

they say the same thing. “Your application has been received, it hasn’t started processing yet, nothing seems wrong etc”. Ive just never heard of someone getting a receiving acknowledgement and 8 months later still not having the “application has begun processing”

i will call again and ask directly if my file is incomplete. I applied with a social work immigration agency so I don’t See why there would be a mistake
The CS line won’t be able to tell your file is incomplete or else they would have told you already. This is due to covid. Unfortunately you’ll just have to be patient.

• Haha
Reactions: Jalalcananda

zameer23

Jan 20, 2020
I don’t understand the having to be patient aspect of things considering that some of our applications have been overdue pre-Covid. Even so, there are people that still get their applications finalized in these current conditions. Is there anything we can do about it?
Surely there must be something that can be done other than speaking to your local mp. My sanity has been completely drained. For those of you who are religious, please keep us in your prayers. I need the slightest bit of hope because I’m drenched in hopelessness :(