+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Time line for Permanent Residence application for Refugees

adbcca

Feb 21, 2019

Shanwari

Feb 10, 2017
Updated on Twitter an hour before

As of July 1, 2020, we will resume processing all online applications for visitor visas, transit visas and electronic travel authorizations (eTAs). Please be advised that due to current travel restrictions, most people will not be able to travel to Canada at this time. (1/2)

We continue to process study permit and work permit applications submitted online as well as permanent residence applications. Paper applications for visitor visas, study and work permits will not be processed until further notice.

Measures have been put in place to make sure applicants have the time they need to complete all the steps in the application process, including giving their biometrics. Some visa application centres (VACs) are starting to reopen. Applicants can check the website for info on the VAC closest to them, so they can book an appointment to give their biometrics as soon as they’re able.

Learn more: canada.ca/en/immigration…

Last edited:

Onetv1

Star Member
May 15, 2018
I was checking my PR application status today, I saw that it was “your application status has been updated.” What does it mean?

Reactions: jack_2001