+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Time line for Permanent Residence application for Refugees

RefugeeHelp1

May 23, 2019
Category........
Other
Hi everyone!

I guess the reason that they do not care about the processing time of refugee inside the Canada, because we do not have any organization to help us after accepting as Protected Person.
They do not care what it is happening to people here.
Yes, they gave us an opportunity for new life here and we all are grateful of that. But as human being we have some rights!
If we could join together and make some community and tell them our problems and requests together, maybe they hear our voice!

1- Protected person could not easily apply for any kind of mortgages
2- We could not have our own business like PR people and we have to pay such as international
3- It is weird that bank do not let my friend to open even account to buy/sell stock and shares
4- Most car dealers do not accept refugee even protected person to apply for lease or finance option
5- To buy a house, we have to prove that we want to live at buying house to exempt of paying 15% extra taxes
and....

This is Canada! If they know how many problems we have during these tough situation, and if and if we would be together, they hear us.
Honestly, we are proud of this country to let us live here freely. But it is not fair to wait about 24 months to get the PR to have normal life like others!!!

I guess if they hear our problems from new and strong community, they will be force to change some unnecessary and time wasting rules.

Thanks

This has to do with your credit and amount you make, my friend who is canadian by birth cant get a house, when i was getting my condo i had to pay 45k downpayment. i cannot drive but i am sure i can get a car since my best friend has a car and he is not a PR

everything in canada has to do with< how much money you make and also how good your credit score is.

and i agree i wish i could start my own business but that is why you say open a tax free saving put the max in there each year it growns interest by the time you get your PR you will have money to start your buiness without any loans... people we have to stop obsessing over getting PR and start thinking what will happen after we get them how well did we prepare and save and what is our next step? are we just here to get PR so we can start travelling or just have PR for PR sake?

again i understand its hard trust me i am in the same place as you all but we have to think about why we came here, to make a better life for us and our family..

Good. Luck to us all....

mrdmiust

Star Member
Oct 10, 2019
How do we go about this? I think its high time we voiced out. Someone here was talking about a reporter sharing our story. I'm not sure if that ever happened or its still in the pipeline?
Because, non of them have been on this kind of situation, they could never realized our problems.
Cause none of them experienced the one we are doing now.
If they know how we have to deal with our problems, maybe they coud do something for us. We dont want any illogical.
we just want them to speed up our process for us which let us start our normal life sooner!

mrdmiust

Star Member
Oct 10, 2019
This has to do with your credit and amount you make, my friend who is canadian by birth cant get a house, when i was getting my condo i had to pay 45k downpayment. i cannot drive but i am sure i can get a car since my best friend has a car and he is not a PR

everything in canada has to do with< how much money you make and also how good your credit score is.

and i agree i wish i could start my own business but that is why you say open a tax free saving put the max in there each year it growns interest by the time you get your PR you will have money to start your business without any loans... people we have to stop obsessing over getting PR and start thinking what will happen after we get them how well did we prepare and save and what is our next step? are we just here to get PR so we can start travelling or just have PR for PR sake?

again i understand its hard trust me i am in the same place as you all but we have to think about why we came here, to make a better life for us and our family..

Good. Luck to us all....
Sorry to sat that, but I disagree with your comment.
As I mentioned before, we are thankful that we are in safe country now.

but for example, my work was doing renovation in my home country. Assume that I do not know to do anything else.
Have you ever though from 2 years ago, how could I manage my life without the work that I am expert at!
I couldnt have my own company. If I have to pay 15% extra for buying house, how could I have any benefit from selling it? Why protected person has to pay 15% extra!

Or jus assume someone work was share or stockholder before. How could he start the job he knows about! I asked a bank to open investing bank account for me, but they didnt. Because our sin number starts with 9!!!!

In term of car, for example go and check the Mercedes dealer, they do not even answer you if they know you are refugee or protected person! If government, I mean immigration clarify our situation to them, they would not behave like this! My concern is not about mercedes or car, most of organization has no idea about protected person.

Also, we need to consider, all refugees are not here because of running from economical situation. If you have money but you are refugee, does it mean that you have to spend everything you saved before, because you could not even start your own business.

In addition, regarding credit card, you are right. Everyone must establish good credit score to be able to apply for mortgages.
But as refugee, go and talk with mortgage broker! My credit score is more than 800 and my wife too. but I have to still pay 35 percent. Newbie, could pay 20 percent and could get 10 percent from government for first buyer. Then this is the differences we have to deal.

Also, we are not asking them to solve these problem. But we just need them to face these difficulties and know more about our problems. Cause, as I told you before, none of has experience how life is when you are refugee or protected person. They do not know about our problems.

who knows, maybe they know them and speed up their process.
It would be best thing for all of us.

We should make a voice to be heard with them!

thats all.

mrdmiust

Star Member
Oct 10, 2019
1. This is the case for most newcomers to Canada irregardless of whether they are protected people. It has to with credit and job history. In order to buy a home most newcomers have to puta significant amount down.
3. You should be able to get an investing account.
4. yet again that is due to your lack of credit history
5. You will be refunded the foreign ownership tax that is applicable to some areas.

These are mostly newcomers to Canada issue not protected people issues.
1- Most of us who are protected person, have lived here more than a year. Then we could have established good credit score so far. But with the same credit score between me and same one with PR, the bank approve their offer and they could pay less downpayment.
New buyer with goof credit score needs to pay 20 percent down. Also they could apply to get 10 Percent from government for their down too. (Anyone who has PR and first buyer)

2-I called RBC and asked them, they told me we could not open this account easily for people with sin number starting with 9.

3-In two years my credit score of me and my wife is more than 800!

4- if you buy a house and pay 15% extra, you could get it back when you got your PR. But there is one funny rules there. you could get it back if you get your PR within 3 years! it means if you couldnt get it, the amount would not be refunded!!
then who could take that risk!

Reactions: Refu0202

Jalalcananda

May 24, 2018
Immigration application system set for massive revamp after COVID-19
Stephanie Levitz, The Canadian Press
Published Thursday, June 11, 2020 3:08PM EDT

OTTAWA - A complete overhaul of how Canada processes immigration applications is in the works as the government braces for post-pandemic demand for migration to Canada.

Aging computer systems, paper applications and in-person interviews are among the things that must be adapted for the “new normal” after COVID-19, Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada said in a tender posted to the government's procurement website and marked “urgent.”
“When travel restrictions begin to ease, a significant surge of applications and support requirements is anticipated, putting tremendous demand on our global operations and supporting branches,” the tender request says.

“IRCC needs to act quickly to develop (i) updated and new strategies, and (ii) processes and digital systems to cope with the rapid change it is undergoing.”

Immigration to Canada came to a near-halt in March when borders around the world slammed shut to slow the spread of COVID-19.

Though some already authorized to enter Canada before the pandemic - temporary foreign workers and students - have still been able to arrive, thousands of others, including refugees, remain abroad, waiting for travel restrictions to lift.

Meanwhile, the government has closed or significantly scaled back many of its immigration operations, including all in-person interviews and the collection of biometrics, while many private visa centres around the globe that have contracts with Canada are also shuttered.

It's effectively put the kibosh on new applications, and the uncertainty means the government has now abandoned even estimates on how long it will take to process them.

The department is trying to get through some of the applications, said spokesperson Nancy Caron.

“In the face of so many challenges, IRCC has made great efforts to adapt, for instance, by prioritizing applications from Canadians returning to Canada, vulnerable people and people who perform or support essential services,” she said in an email.

“We are processing those as quickly as possible.”

In its request, the department notes that among its challenges is operating while respecting physical-distancing protocols. The requirements make it harder to do everything from in-person interviews to citizenship ceremonies.

At least one virtual citizenship ceremony has already been held, for a researcher awarded a major grant to study the impact of the pandemic on supply chains, but the tender seeks guidance on more digital solutions for those and for traditional in-person interviews.

The Liberal government had intended to welcome as many as 371,000 new permanent residents in 2020, a number that will fall dramatically due to COVID-19.

A recent report from RBC Economics suggested the slowdown will have knock-on effects on the economy, noting among other things the $6 billion in tuition alone that international students contribute to the economy each year.

This report by The Canadian Press was first published June 11, 2020.

Refu0202

Apr 14, 2020
Immigration application system set for massive revamp after COVID-19
Stephanie Levitz, The Canadian Press
Published Thursday, June 11, 2020 3:08PM EDT

OTTAWA - A complete overhaul of how Canada processes immigration applications is in the works as the government braces for post-pandemic demand for migration to Canada.

Aging computer systems, paper applications and in-person interviews are among the things that must be adapted for the “new normal” after COVID-19, Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada said in a tender posted to the government's procurement website and marked “urgent.”
“When travel restrictions begin to ease, a significant surge of applications and support requirements is anticipated, putting tremendous demand on our global operations and supporting branches,” the tender request says.

“IRCC needs to act quickly to develop (i) updated and new strategies, and (ii) processes and digital systems to cope with the rapid change it is undergoing.”

Immigration to Canada came to a near-halt in March when borders around the world slammed shut to slow the spread of COVID-19.

Though some already authorized to enter Canada before the pandemic - temporary foreign workers and students - have still been able to arrive, thousands of others, including refugees, remain abroad, waiting for travel restrictions to lift.

Meanwhile, the government has closed or significantly scaled back many of its immigration operations, including all in-person interviews and the collection of biometrics, while many private visa centres around the globe that have contracts with Canada are also shuttered.

It's effectively put the kibosh on new applications, and the uncertainty means the government has now abandoned even estimates on how long it will take to process them.

The department is trying to get through some of the applications, said spokesperson Nancy Caron.

“In the face of so many challenges, IRCC has made great efforts to adapt, for instance, by prioritizing applications from Canadians returning to Canada, vulnerable people and people who perform or support essential services,” she said in an email.

“We are processing those as quickly as possible.”

In its request, the department notes that among its challenges is operating while respecting physical-distancing protocols. The requirements make it harder to do everything from in-person interviews to citizenship ceremonies.

At least one virtual citizenship ceremony has already been held, for a researcher awarded a major grant to study the impact of the pandemic on supply chains, but the tender seeks guidance on more digital solutions for those and for traditional in-person interviews.

The Liberal government had intended to welcome as many as 371,000 new permanent residents in 2020, a number that will fall dramatically due to COVID-19.

A recent report from RBC Economics suggested the slowdown will have knock-on effects on the economy, noting among other things the $6 billion in tuition alone that international students contribute to the economy each year.

This report by The Canadian Press was first published June 11, 2020.
We will see how IRCC working our category and other category after COVID19.
IRCC does not serve first come first served basis :( :( :( :(

Reactions: Jalalcananda

Keliwal

Star Member
Mar 23, 2019
This is true once your passport has a valid vis even if it is expired you can brink it along with a valid pssport.

however in our cases canada does not allow you to have Two RTD's at the same time so they will not issue a new one until they have the old one back. so you kinda have no other choise but to get a new US visa at which point the VO will cancel the old visa and provide a new one upon approval and most times you are approved once you tell them the reason and they see that you already have a ten year validity in the old one.

Good Luck.
I heard that once they issue a new RTD, you can ask back for the old RTD after cancellation stamp. This has to be confirmed though.

luckyrefugee

Mar 5, 2019
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
CPC missisuaga
App. Filed.......
10-12-2019
AOR Received.
26-11-2020
Med's Request
19-04-2021
Med's Done....
19-04-2021
LANDED..........
21-04-2021
I heard that once they issue a new RTD, you can ask back for the old RTD after cancellation stamp. This has to be confirmed though.
Do you anyone who got there RTD back.

Reactions: simple2000