+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Time line for Permanent Residence application for Refugees

RefugeeHelp1

May 23, 2019
Category........
Other
As per my experience in Bangladesh that USA always issue 5 years multiple visa and passport in BD is valid maximum 5 years . Even though passport is expired but visa is valid and good to use subject to you get another new valid passport and travel with both. In Bangladesh I used to carry 6 books of old passport along with one valid . You don’t need to transfer or apply for new visa.
This is true once your passport has a valid vis even if it is expired you can brink it along with a valid pssport.

however in our cases canada does not allow you to have Two RTD's at the same time so they will not issue a new one until they have the old one back. so you kinda have no other choise but to get a new US visa at which point the VO will cancel the old visa and provide a new one upon approval and most times you are approved once you tell them the reason and they see that you already have a ten year validity in the old one.

Good Luck.

luckyrefugee

Mar 5, 2019
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
CPC missisuaga
App. Filed.......
10-12-2019
AOR Received.
26-11-2020
Med's Request
19-04-2021
Med's Done....
19-04-2021
LANDED..........
21-04-2021
When renewing RTD, IRCC request the old travel document to cancel, and they ask if you need it back after cancellation or not, along with the new travel document
oh that is great. so still if they cancel it we can keep it and and can use the valid US visa with a valid travel documents. if that is the case then one dont have to apply again for a new US visa.

Reactions: jack_2001

RefugeeHelp1

May 23, 2019
Category........
Other
Bro once u have one article or immigration law about travelling to your home country u post it on this form before. U can share that one agin if possible ???
its called re-availment check out the IRB website i do not save my replies so i have no idea where that is.

Rose@watan

Star Member
Apr 19, 2020
Hello,
Hello everyone,

last week I have received my CSIS GCSM notes, and the status of my security screening is (Cancelled)

anyone could advise what the status CANCELLED is?
I recently received my note as well and for security is blank and on the next page says cancelled and I am really confused. it is good if we found some one who could explain.
When did you apply?
I am May 2018 applicant.

gehaif

Star Member
Sep 16, 2019
It happened to me also, one month later I got my AIP.
Well, the CSIS notes were sent to me on March, but I did not receive it by that time, I got it on my mail by end of May (took 2 months from Canada Post to do the delivery)
I got my AIP on May 14, passed Criminality by May 28

no more updates

Reactions: Jalalcananda

Rose@watan

Star Member
Apr 19, 2020
Well, the CSIS notes were sent to me on March, but I did not receive it by that time, I got it on my mail by end of May (took 2 months from Canada Post to do the delivery)
I got my AIP on May 14, passed Criminality by May 28

no more updates
Hello,
How did you know that you pass the Criminality? did you get that by phone or it was written in the notes?
thanks and Good luck