+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Time line for Permanent Residence application for Refugees

ank22

Star Member
May 24, 2019
When did you get the fingerprints request and what was the last thing you got from the IRCC?
Hope you will get it soon and as you said Allah Kareem.
I got med request in oct 2018, pcc request in November 2018, again pcc request in july 2019 because they said they didn’t receive one, after that nothing and since july 2019 I’m waiting. Its gonna be a year since last correspondence. In my gcms medical,eligibility,criminality is passed. Security is blank and info sharing is blank so i don’t know why security is taking so long. Thats all for now just waiting for Dm and rest Allah knows best

ank22

Star Member
May 24, 2019
my one also same they are doing security for long time. have you requested via web form ? you may get detail answer.
I have sent webform in March 2020 they say;

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We verified the information you provided and can confirm that your application is still in process.

While the processing times may vary with each case, we will make all the necessary efforts to finalize your application as soon as possible.

Rest assured that you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached or if additional information is needed.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

So really only generic replies i get from them.

Rose@watan

Star Member
Apr 19, 2020
I got med request in oct 2018, pcc request in November 2018, again pcc request in july 2019 because they said they didn’t receive one, after that nothing and since july 2019 I’m waiting. Its gonna be a year since last correspondence. In my gcms medical,eligibility,criminality is passed. Security is blank and info sharing is blank so i don’t know why security is taking so long. Thats all for now just waiting for Dm and rest All
I hope you will get your DM soon INSHA ALLAH

Anonyref

May 3, 2020
I have sent webform in March 2020 they say;

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We verified the information you provided and can confirm that your application is still in process.

While the processing times may vary with each case, we will make all the necessary efforts to finalize your application as soon as possible.

Rest assured that you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached or if additional information is needed.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

So really only generic replies i get from them.

I had sent a webform request to CIC in regards of an update for my application as well and I also received a general response simply outlining that it is being processed. Seems like the wait will be a long one...

Hopefully by the end of this year, 2018 applicants can finally see some relief, as well as those who applied after! :)

Reactions: ank22

Paladinrules

Star Member
Apr 26, 2019
I had sent a webform request to CIC in regards of an update for my application as well and I also received a general response simply outlining that it is being processed. Seems like the wait will be a long one...

Hopefully by the end of this year, 2018 applicants can finally see some relief, as well as those who applied after! :)
I know 2 people who applied on January 2018 already got their PR. I think its vary case to case. Some are faster, other are slow. Good luck

Anonyref

May 3, 2020
I know 2 people who applied on January 2018 already got their PR. I think its vary case to case. Some are faster, other are slow. Good luck
If you don't mind me asking, did they receive their PR status recently? (March-april ish?) Just asking to see whether people are actually getting DM/Landing during the pandemic.

Awat

Sep 11, 2017
Hi Guys,

I am really frustrated and stressed, my application has been delayed a lot and it is affecting my life tremendously.
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on March 29, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on August 29, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on August 28, 2018.
  4. We sent you medical instructions on October 16, 2018. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
Could anyone share any tips that can expedite the process?

Thank you

• Sad
Reactions: Jalalcananda

Anonyref

May 3, 2020
Hi Guys,

I am really frustrated and stressed, my application has been delayed a lot and it is affecting my life tremendously.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on August 29, 2018.
  4. We sent you medical instructions on October 16, 2018. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

Thank you
Have you ordered any GCMS notes? If yes, what do your latest notes say? Have you tried contacting IRCC?

Paladinrules

Star Member
Apr 26, 2019
If you don't mind me asking, did they receive their PR status recently? (March-april ish?) Just asking to see whether people are actually getting DM/Landing during the pandemic.
Hey, they both got it last year 2019. one person timeline was 16 months and another was 17 months.

Reactions: Anonyref

Anonyref

May 3, 2020
Hey, they both got it last year 2019. one person timeline was 16 months and another was 17 months.
That's great to hear! I'm so happy for them! :)
I'm currently on my 19th month and waiting (October 2018 applicant) but hearing they received their PR status in such a short period of time is encouranging.

If you don't mind me asking, when have you applied? Any updates at all for you?

Hopefully our wait is going to end soon as well. :cool:

Reactions: simple2000

Anonyref

May 3, 2020
Hi guys, hope everyone is doing well.

I had a question regarding the AIP.

I have seen many posts with a lot of people who have received the AIP before their DM. In my cause, I have not yet. Please note that I do not have any overseas dependent that I am applying for. My questions is: is the AIP something that any applicant under the protected person class should get eventually? Or is this something that only overseas dependents get? This question raised given that whoever gets AIP receives a letter regarding pre-arrival services. Your input is much appreciated!

Awat

Sep 11, 2017
Have you ordered any GCMS notes? If yes, what do your latest notes say? Have you tried contacting IRCC?
I have tried contacting IRCC call center and they don't have any information, I submitted a web form last week and they asked me for more information like sending a copy of your carrier receipt which I don't have as I disregarded it when I got a notification that they have received my application. I haven't requested GCMS notes. My timeline bar was showing the estimated completion of November 2019.

Anonyref

May 3, 2020
I have tried contacting IRCC call center and they don't have any information, I submitted a web form last week and they asked me for more information like sending a copy of your carrier receipt which I don't have as I disregarded it when I got a notification that they have received my application. I haven't requested GCMS notes. My timeline bar was showing the estimated completion of November 2019.
I think the wise choice to make here would be to request GCMS notes. You can do so throught ATIP and it is free. That way you'll be able to see the officer's notes of the application. Unfortunately, I don't think there isn't much else to do. Hang in there, I'm sure you'll get it eventually!

Reactions: jack_2001

RefugeeHelp1

May 23, 2019
Category........
Other
Hi Guys,

Thank you
There is no way to expedite the process you just have to wait until you get AIP or DM or request for more information from IRCC GCMS, Webform MP non of it will make the file move faster, if you want to know the officers notes then you can request GCMS notes and that will just tell you that security is in progress which is the case for everyone on here TBH GCMS which normally take 30 days but due to COVID19 you can expect a delay in that as well..

Remember the call centre agents see the same info we see online when we log into GCKEY they can update address and phone number too but other than that they have no new info webform is the same its the call centre that answers those request.....

All the best!

Reactions: TheVoice2020