+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Time line for Permanent Residence application for Refugees

Shanwari

Feb 10, 2017
Hi guys! I need your help…

I’m a June-2018 applicant for PR, as a convention refugee, inside Canada. My common-law partner is outside of Canada and has been included in the application. So, I’m a principal applicant.

A few days ago, I received from IRCC an Eligibility Passed letter (AIP) informing me that the overseas office in WARSAW is responsible for processing the application for PR of my family member outside Canada, that is my common-law partner.
According to the letter, the forms IMM0008, IMM5406 and IMM5669 must be submitted to the office in Warsaw.

I’m a little confused...

1. Is my partner outside Canada the principal applicant now (in the forms to be sent to Warsaw)? And now I (living in Canada) become a dependant in her application?

2. Is it correct to indicate in her IMM0008 form (Generic application form) in such a way:
Program under which she is applying – Family.
Category – Common-law Partner.
Number of family members, including her, in the application – 2 (she and me).

3. I personally don’t submit in the Warsaw office any forms. Correct?

I would appreciate any comments and answers on my case. Thanks!
Yes
Now she is the principle applicant.
She need to fill the form and send to them and also some civil documents .
She will submit herself from back country .

She will put only 1 applicant

Family under common law partners.

I got same mail after my AIP and they asked same form and civil documents .

After that they asked original birth certificate, wedding , picture , communication prove , financial support with each other , and two more form sponsor questionnaire and spouse or common law partner question .
They send all the documents again to London office and my wife is the main applicant and kids are dependents. If you need other form number I will check and can send you .
Thanks

Ratmir

Jun 9, 2017

I think it is what is going on in Canada now!
A lot of people after borders open,will go back. It is not like Canada is bad no of course no, it is because that life without family is like no life. Especially if you wait 3-5years to live together. During 5 years it become very big gap between family members and it is another problem that they face. Living together. So many familiies I know they came here and divorsed.

ank22

Star Member
May 24, 2019
Wht reason given by IRCC?
some applications take time and they working on last step ( i think security)
Also i ordered gcms notes on 27th march but BFD date was 17th march but they did not check/touch or update my file when i received gcms on 28 april.
I'm wondering if security was still processing or not ? maybe they stopped and paused security also cus of coronavirus. I'm not sure its just what I'm thinking. Everything passed except security is blank.

Reactions: Jalalcananda

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
WOW!!! don't waist your money on any lawyer, there is no one under the sun who can get you any information about your PR that you cannot get your self, this is the federal government we are talking about people they will take as much time as they need forever if necessary #SAD but #TRUE we have to just wait, remeber that one guy on here who waited i think five year or more if im not wrong and at the beginning of this year he got his PR i never saw him in here again :) :) :) :) :p:p:p
fully agree, to make inquires you don't require a lawyer or consultant

Reactions: ank22

Rose@watan

Star Member
Apr 19, 2020
Yes
Now she is the principle applicant.
She need to fill the form and send to them and also some civil documents .
She will submit herself from back country .

She will put only 1 applicant

Family under common law partners.

I got same mail after my AIP and they asked same form and civil documents .

After that they asked original birth certificate, wedding , picture , communication prove , financial support with each other , and two more form sponsor questionnaire and spouse or common law partner question .
They send all the documents again to London office and my wife is the main applicant and kids are dependents. If you need other form number I will check and can send you .
Thanks
Hello,
Do you know how long after getting AIP and requesting documents from the dependents, person can get DM?
THANKS

Rose@watan

Star Member
Apr 19, 2020
Also i ordered gcms notes on 27th march but BFD date was 17th march but they did not check/touch or update my file when i received gcms on 28 april.
I'm wondering if security was still processing or not ? maybe they stopped and paused security also cus of coronavirus. I'm not sure its just what I'm thinking. Everything passed except security is blank.
When did you get the fingerprints request and what was the last thing you got from the IRCC?
Hope you will get it soon and as you said Allah Kareem.

Refu0202

Apr 14, 2020
my one also same they are doing security for long time. have you requested via web form ? you may get detail answer.

Whiskey2020

Apr 8, 2020
30 days left for estimated completion date. 95%... Meds expire May 28 as well. :) Just an update... Lets see whats gonna happen n June 1st
When did you apply for your PR ? Am happy for you I applied January 2020 still haven't heard from them. And am missing my family in State badly.

RefugeeHelp1

May 23, 2019
Category........
Other
When did you apply for your PR ? Am happy for you I applied January 2020 still haven't heard from them. And am missing my family in State badly.
AoR take 2-4 Months and depending on the amount f application may take longer. also Processing time now is 22Months so your processing should be finalized by December 2021.

Not sure if this is the pilot program you are talking:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/non-economic-classes/family-class-spouse/pilot-exempt-r117-r125.html#s01