+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Time line for Permanent Residence application for Refugees

Captain911

Jan 31, 2023
Please, if one travel overseas while waiting permanent residence, it will affect the processing time? The eligibility letter have been received on Sept 2022. Still waiting
Sept 2022 or 2023? If its 2022, probably they still work on security check or something else. Did you call them to ask which stage is under progress?

Carlos Hernandez

Star Member
Jun 20, 2023
Sept 2022 or 2023? If its 2022, probably they still work on security check or something else. Did you call them to ask which stage is under progress?
Hi, @[B]Captain911[/B], the eligibility letter arrived on Sep 2023. However soon, With American Visa in Canadian Travel Document(Refugee), vacation to visit from Dec 2023 to January 2024 USA. Do you think it will affect the processing time of the permanent residence?

Reactions: Captain911

Captain911

Jan 31, 2023
Hi, @[B]Captain911[/B], the eligibility letter arrived on Sep 2023. However soon, With American Visa in Canadian Travel Document(Refugee), vacation to visit from Dec 2023 to January 2024 USA. Do you think it will affect the processing time of the permanent residence?
No it wont affect it in bad way. They give you rtd to travel if you need. And you also have us visa so there is no problem in this situation. I went Cuba and i cross border to Us almost every weekend. Go and enjoy your vacation.

Reactions: Carlos Hernandez

AbdulNrk

Nov 20, 2023
Hello Everyone,

I'm writing to share an update on my Permanent Residency (PR) application, submitted in August 2023. Recently, I received two emails—one pertaining to pre-arrival information and another outlining PR eligibility requirements. I'm seeking insights or clarification on whether these emails signify positive progress in my application or if they are standard automated communications issued by IRCC.

Your experiences or any knowledge you might have regarding similar communications from IRCC would be greatly appreciated. Understanding the significance of these emails in relation to the progress of my PR application would provide much-needed clarity during this waiting period. However, i am unable to find the Application details on the PR portal or on https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/authenticate.do

Thank you for any insights or guidance you can offer.

Carlos Hernandez

Star Member
Jun 20, 2023
Hello Everyone,

I'm writing to share an update on my Permanent Residency (PR) application, submitted in August 2023. Recently, I received two emails—one pertaining to pre-arrival information and another outlining PR eligibility requirements. I'm seeking insights or clarification on whether these emails signify positive progress in my application or if they are standard automated communications issued by IRCC.

Your experiences or any knowledge you might have regarding similar communications from IRCC would be greatly appreciated. Understanding the significance of these emails in relation to the progress of my PR application would provide much-needed clarity during this waiting period. However, i am unable to find the Application details on the PR portal or on https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/authenticate.do

Thank you for any insights or guidance you can offer.
Eligibility letter received Sept 23, nothing yet, today is November 20, 2023

Reactions: AbdulNrk

badangel

Star Member
Mar 3, 2021
Guys everyone say different can anyone help me?

First entry as a refugee: October 1, 2017
Protected person: February 1, 2021
PR: December 1, 2021

I haven't left to Canada in this period. Am I eligible to apply for citizenship? Thanks.

Carlos Hernandez

Star Member
Jun 20, 2023

I haven't left to Canada in this period. Am I eligible to apply for citizenship? Thanks.
You have 9 months between Protected and PR= 4.5 months ( before PR and after Protected counts only half). Then, you have two years from PP to PR. As a result you have only 2 years and 4 1/2 months. I think you will be able around the middle of August 2024 to meet the three years requirements.

badangel

Star Member
Mar 3, 2021
You have 9 months between Protected and PR= 4.5 months ( before PR and after Protected counts only half). Then, you have two years from PP to PR. As a result you have only 2 years and 4 1/2 months. I think you will be able around the middle of August 2024 to meet the three years requirements.
Are we sure, between refugee claimant and conventional refugee count as 0 day?

badangel

Star Member
Mar 3, 2021
Yes, the time as a refugee claimant does NOT count. Only after the letter of acceptation by IRB as convention refugee or protected person count by the half (1/2). Then after PR counts whole.
I wonder if we apply early like a week ago and declines, do we have to pay for the next time?

zak86

Nov 13, 2019

you can google the citizenship calculator and then enter all the data then you will get your reply when you can apply.. better to apply on the actual date or after as early application means a returned application. you won't have to pay again but they will refuse and return and you can't apply unless your citizenship calculator sheets say you are eligible to apply so you can't apply early.

M.Alii

Feb 19, 2023
Hi everyone,

I hope everyone is doing well.

Is anyone who applied for PR in June 2022 still waiting for eligibility and pre-approval letter?

I received Aor in Feb 2023 and in June & Oct 2023 additional forms after that nothing.

bfour

Star Member
Feb 20, 2021
Hi everyone,

I hope everyone is doing well.

Is anyone who applied for PR in June 2022 still waiting for eligibility and pre-approval letter?

I received Aor in Feb 2023 and in June & Oct 2023 additional forms after that nothing.
my timeline kinda same as yours and haven't gotten eligibility or pre approval letter.