Majidksa2013

Star Member
Aug 14, 2017
hello
Application received by ircc on June-2021
Pre arrival received on - July 2022
Eligible letter received on - August 2022
Nothing after that since last year August 2022
ATIP notes says everything completed and passed only security check under process since July last year why it’s taking so long I didn’t live other then country I was born , ircc

naeembutt

Aug 8, 2021
Hi, I have applied for permanent residency online on April 16, 2023, but till now I have not been able to check my status or link my application.

JasonReyes

Jun 19, 2023
Sept 18-2021 applicant
Today i got email for Biometric collection Letter. I already submit police clearance on last august which took biometric as well.
After 20-21 months they ask for biometric stuff. its really frustrating. How long it will more take?
I applied in 2021 as well, l got my eligibility requirements met letter and pre arrival letter 14 days ago.

JasonReyes

Jun 19, 2023
hello
Application received by ircc on June-2021
Pre arrival received on - July 2022
Eligible letter received on - August 2022
Nothing after that since last year August 2022
ATIP notes says everything completed and passed only security check under process since July last year why it’s taking so long I didn’t live other then country I was born , ircc
We are in same page.
I got my eligibility requirements met letter and pre arrival 14 days ago. I applied for my PRin 2021 December. I uploaded all that information together with my application.

BOB222

Jun 30, 2023
Hi Everyone. My name is BOB.
Can someone guide me that do I have to pay BIO MATRIC FEE for my kids ( aging 11 to 17 years) living outside Canada for their PR processing.
Please note ,I am a protected person in Canada and have received my AOR.
I have already paid Bio Matric Fee for my partner but not for kids.
Prompt replies will be appreciated.

binabade

Star Member
Jun 24, 2023
Hi all, I applied for PR in February 2022 after my refugee case was accepted in January 2022, for me and my overseas partner. I received confirmation of receipt of the application in March 2022 and no news after that. Is there anywhere I can see an update on my case? I only have the temporary application number (starts with XG...) and cannot seem to link it to my IRCC account.
I guess we are in the same situation
What is your last update?

mylo96

Nov 20, 2020
Hello,
anybody here who is waiting for PR since 2019?

I applied on July 4th, 2019 and still waiting
Hey I am a November 2019 Applicant

Still waiting and I decided to go with the writ of Mandamus route, I started the process 2 weeks back.

Waiting to hear from IRCC.

The struggle is real

mylo96

Nov 20, 2020
I might be completely wrong, from the people I have encountered here in Canada in the past 5 yrs. Everyone who was granted asylum (protected status), and comes from East, Central, West, or South of Africa is facing issues and hasn't managed to get PR. I know people who come from these areas who have applied since 2018 and have still not got their PRs.

Mind you, people who come from these regions are predominantly black in terms of race. People who come from North Africa are not having any major delays in terms of getting the PR status granted. North Africans are mostly Arabs in terms of their ethnicity and hence not predominantly black.

I can't help but think is due to racism. As I said I might be completely wrong but I don't see any other reason other than this.

I would just advise any East, Central, West, or South of African person in this forum who is a victim of this deliberate delay that is conducted by IRCC to never give up. If you applied for PR in 2018 or 2019 and you are still waiting, JUST GO FOR A WRIT OF MANDAMUS.

I believe it's better we push IRCC to give us a decision, whether positive or negative so that we can be able to continue with our lives without this headache of not knowing if we belong here or not.

At the end of the day, if they don't want us to settle down here, it's ok. It's their country and we will survive as we have always done as people of Africa.

They may take a lot from us but they will never take our Pride

Racism is a sensitive topic but I think this had to be said for everyone to know.

skyisthelimitbd

Star Member
Dec 7, 2020
I might be completely wrong, from the people I have encountered here in Canada in the past 5 yrs. Everyone who was granted asylum (protected status), and comes from East, Central, West, or South of Africa is facing issues and hasn't managed to get PR. I know people who come from these areas who have applied since 2018 and have still not got their PRs.

Mind you, people who come from these regions are predominantly black in terms of race. People who come from North Africa are not having any major delays in terms of getting the PR status granted. North Africans are mostly Arabs in terms of their ethnicity and hence not predominantly black.

I can't help but think is due to racism. As I said I might be completely wrong but I don't see any other reason other than this.

I would just advise any East, Central, West, or South of African person in this forum who is a victim of this deliberate delay that is conducted by IRCC to never give up. If you applied for PR in 2018 or 2019 and you are still waiting, JUST GO FOR A WRIT OF MANDAMUS.

I believe it's better we push IRCC to give us a decision, whether positive or negative so that we can be able to continue with our lives without this headache of not knowing if we belong here or not.

At the end of the day, if they don't want us to settle down here, it's ok. It's their country and we will survive as we have always done as people of Africa.

They may take a lot from us but they will never take our Pride

Racism is a sensitive topic but I think this had to be said for everyone to know.
You cant prove but you can presume.
Your observation might true or not. But this has no concreat evidence or law.
Something you cant change is mind set. But i think every applicants has different scenario. Files assed by differnt mentality agents. Racism is a disease, we are still not free from it, let alone Canada, the whole world is suffering by this disease.
But what i can from my experience, Canada is bearing multi culturaity, majority accepts this. If some people has it in their heads no one can do nothing to destroy.
Compare to the other civilized states, canadas position on this aspect is much much better.
From my last three years i met thousands of thousands people, so far i can remember 4/5 persons were in possession of racism.
So thats only a very few digit.

Last edited: