+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Time line for Permanent Residence application for Refugees

OscarP

Dec 22, 2022
Thank you for reply , I did applied for my overseas dependent since January and till now i didn't receive it yet .
Anytime, sorry to hear that, but for everyone is different, just to clarify, I applied for the GCMS notes to CBSA not IRCC, like 1 year ago I applied to IRCC for the GCMS notes and never get the notes from them.

Safoo

Star Member
Jun 5, 2021
Anytime, sorry to hear that, but for everyone is different, just to clarify, I applied for the GCMS notes to CBSA not IRCC, like 1 year ago I applied to IRCC for the GCMS notes and never get the notes from them.
Can I apply for GCMS notes from CBSA for overseas dependent?

Goodlk4u

Star Member
May 28, 2021
One thing that I don't understand is how people do not appreciate what God has done for them, we should be thankful that we have been accepted as a refugee not being worried about how long it will take to process our PR, because so many people are still waiting for their hearing for over 3 years that they entered inside Canada.
@Whiskey2020
I was reading old comments
I liked your thought
well said

RonyJohny

Apr 1, 2023
Toronto, Canada
LANDED..........
07-11-2019
Can I apply for GCMS notes from CBSA for overseas dependent?
Yes, with their consent. They can also apply through third parties who does that. I used to apply through gcmsapply.com since they charges only $6 and process faster. You can apply through them, you just need put in their details including email address and contact details. I was able to get within 25 days all the time.

soliver

Dec 28, 2022
Yes, with their consent. They can also apply through third parties who does that. I used to apply through gcmsapply.com since they charges only $6 and process faster. You can apply through them, you just need put in their details including email address and contact details. I was able to get within 25 days all the time.
Which one should I take to get information about my pr process? ronny?

Reactions: RonyJohny

RonyJohny

Apr 1, 2023
Toronto, Canada
LANDED..........
07-11-2019
Which one should I take to get information about my pr process? ronny?
Both notes are same (IRCC and CBSA), but we cannot predict which one will come faster. I applied for both all the time. In my first application, I received from IRCC faster and in my second, CBSA came faster. If time is a concern for you, then I would recommend to apply for both.

Here4help

Star Member
Dec 4, 2021
Funny enough that we need to go through what other has gone through to understand their pain, when I posted this comment I didn't know that I will be stuck for almost 4 years waiting for PR. It's very painful. Still waiting.
Sorry to hear bro. Did you order GCMS notes? Where you stuck? I my self almost 6 years from refugee claim to waiting for PR.

Whiskey2020

Apr 8, 2020
Sorry to hear bro. Did you order GCMS notes? Where you stuck? I my self almost 6 years from refugee claim to waiting for PR.
Sorry to hear that am stuck in background check and the last time my MP called them they said that my application is none routine so which means it may take longer

weyt2020

Sep 11, 2022
Hi again sohaib1

I received the GCMS notes, thsi is the overview:
-Eligibility: Passed
-Admissibility: Passed
-Criminality: Passed
-Biometrics: NRT
Valid until: 2025/03/15
-Police certificates: Passed
-Medical: Passed-Exempt
-Info sharing: Complete
-Other Reqs:
-Final:

I have 2 children overseas, I'm in a pilot program. The admissibility and eligibility of both are pending
I received a letter on March 15th, and they ask me for:
*Military record for my husband ( sent on Mar 23rd by web form and IRCC confirmation of receipt, March 29th)
*CSQ x 2; (I already got and sent to IRCC yesterday May 15th)
*Proof of communication x 2 ( sent on Mar 23rd by web form and IRCC confirmation of receipt, March 29th)
*Proof of financial support x 2 ( sent on Mar 23rd by web form and IRCC confirmation of receipt, March 29th)
*Instruction letter for the Medical Exams for my 2 daughters, (Ircc already received the results of both in the web page shows it)

Also I got the Pre-arrival service Letter on March 16,

So for your experience, how long more time have to wait to get the PR and my daughters be here with me ?

Hi @OscarP

Sorry for asking!
I'm asking because it is new to me and I didn't see it before to ask Proof of financial from Protected Persons when they are applying for their dependents at the same time of sending their own application.
Did you apply for them under Family sponsorship category?
(Did you fill IMM0008 for them as Family sponsorship category)
Is your PR application Online? or by mail?

Thanks

OscarP

Dec 22, 2022
Hi @OscarP

Sorry for asking!
I'm asking because it is new to me and I didn't see it before to ask Proof of financial from Protected Persons when they are applying for their dependents at the same time of sending their own application.
Did you apply for them under Family sponsorship category?
(Did you fill IMM0008 for them as Family sponsorship category)
Is your PR application Online? or by mail?

Thanks
Hi weyt2020,

We applied as protected person for PR me and my wife and our dependents overseas at the same time application.
I applied by mail.

GLAMOR

May 6, 2022
Hello, I applied for Permanent resident after my refugee claim was accepted.
I received this email yesterday:
“‏In order to avoid delays in processing, you must provide the below documents if you have not already included it in the original submission and/or if there are any updates to the information that was provided by you previously. If you have previously submitted the information requested in this letter to us already, please do not resubmit the same information and disregard this message. If your details have changed since you have provided the information, you are encouraged to supply us with the updated information, following the instructions contained in this letter : Schedule A and additional family information”

Nothing has changed from the information I have provided when I initially applied. The person who helped me apply (works for gov in helping people apply for pr) told me that I have to resubmit even though nothing changed. I wanted to ask here because I find this strange since the email clearly asks to not resubmit if nothing changed. Kindly let me know if you think I should resubmit the exact same thing?
Thanks

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Hello, I applied for Permanent resident after my refugee claim was accepted.
I received this email yesterday:
“‏In order to avoid delays in processing, you must provide the below documents if you have not already included it in the original submission and/or if there are any updates to the information that was provided by you previously. If you have previously submitted the information requested in this letter to us already, please do not resubmit the same information and disregard this message. If your details have changed since you have provided the information, you are encouraged to supply us with the updated information, following the instructions contained in this letter : Schedule A and additional family information”

Nothing has changed from the information I have provided when I initially applied. The person who helped me apply (works for gov in helping people apply for pr) told me that I have to resubmit even though nothing changed. I wanted to ask here because I find this strange since the email clearly asks to not resubmit if nothing changed. Kindly let me know if you think I should resubmit the exact same thing?
Thanks
resubmit schedule A and additional family information