+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Time line for Permanent Residence application for Refugees

Whiskey2020

Apr 8, 2020
Hi Everyone. I have received Pre arrival letter early Nov 2022, however no response till now from immigration for PR portal invitation etc. Its already 22 month i have applied for PR( June 2021 Applicant). Can any one advise what i can do like contact IRCC or Lawyer etc.
Thanks for your kind suggestion.
You even lucky that you have got pre arrival letter. I applied January 2020 and my is no where near pre arrival.

CanadianMom

Star Member
Feb 20, 2022
My Permanent Residence Application Timeline:

1. We received your application for permanent residence on April 9, 2021.

2. We started processing your application on November 16, 2021.

3. Medical results have been received.

4. Biometrics Instruction Letter for two of my children. (They’re above 14 years) received February 2, 2022.

5. Biometrics done on February 18, 2022.

6. We sent you medical instructions on May 13, 2022. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

7. Medical examination completed on May 27, 2022.

8. Email confirmation of PR received and responded to on June 10, 2022.

Awaiting portal invitation for address confirmation and upload of photos.
Hi we're you not asked PCC police clearance certificate for countries lived since age of 18?

CanadianMom

Star Member
Feb 20, 2022
My Permanent Residence Application Timeline:

1. We received your application for permanent residence on April 9, 2021.

2. We started processing your application on November 16, 2021.

3. Medical results have been received.

4. Biometrics Instruction Letter for two of my children. (They’re above 14 years) received February 2, 2022.

5. Biometrics done on February 18, 2022.

6. We sent you medical instructions on May 13, 2022. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

7. Medical examination completed on May 27, 2022.

8. Email confirmation of PR received and responded to on June 10, 2022.

Awaiting portal invitation for address confirmation and upload of photos.
Did they not request police clearance certificate for countries previously lived?

bfour

Star Member
Feb 20, 2021
hello everyone. I received my permanent application number and it shows that I passed medical exam and they are doing background check. How can I check the bar ? I applied in October , 2022 , and how long would it take me to get the PR ? thanks

Sep 21, 2021
Frustrated. It’s been almost 4 years since I came to Canada. Due to covid my hearing postponed for 2 years and now it has been already one year since I apply PR. Does anyone know how far to go?
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on December 7, 2021.
  2. We started processing your application on December 23, 2022.
  3. We sent you correspondence on November 1, 2022. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

4emad4

Star Member
Apr 26, 2019
Frustrated. It’s been almost 4 years since I came to Canada. Due to covid my hearing postponed for 2 years and now it has been already one year since I apply PR. Does anyone know how far to go?
  3. We sent you correspondence on November 1, 2022. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
Yeah I know how you feel :( Same here I applied same time as you and I haven’t got anything until now I didn’t even pass my medical! which most people did let’s hope we get something before December 2023

Sep 21, 2021
Yeah I know how you feel :( Same here I applied same time as you and I haven’t got anything until now I didn’t even pass my medical! which most people did let’s hope we get something before December 2023
Yeah I don’t know what to say anyway let’s keep it a good hope

Orlando_Best

Sep 14, 2021
Just be hopeful. If there are no complications in your application, you’ll receive PR before July/August. Mine took 7 months from the time processing started.