+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Time line for Permanent Residence application for Refugees

Kamal1911

Aug 20, 2019
To start off,

I'm the first among my family members with a separate application who became a Canadian citizen recently as I've left them 7 years ago to study in ottawa as an International Student. I have obtained my Canadian citizenship recently this year.

My family resides in saudi Arabia, have applied for the privately sponsored refugees program in December 2019 and received the confirmation that their application has begun processing in April 2021.

I've gotten quite depressed recently as I'm looking at myself ahead of my family and I can't seem to do anything about facilitating their process. I've told them to reach and inquire about their application status but all is there to do is wait.

Having lived alone for the past 7 years since I came here, I've faced a lot of hardships and wish that I'm able to see them here safe and sound as the situation back in saudi Arabia is getting worse day by day for the Syrians.

My dad lost his job due to covid and is unemployed spending all his savings to help out my family.

I really want to know how long this will keep going on for this application process for them. He told me there's still an interview to do, a medical exam, and still another security check, which to what I'm hearing will probably take another year

I don't know how longer I can't handle being on my own for that long. I can visit them but I have a job here where I'm trying to make ends meet for myself as well.

Can somebody please tell me what can I do or who to reach out for and if there's hope to have them here by the end of this year?

I don't even know how long is this supposed take.

RefugeeHelp1

May 23, 2019
Category........
Other
To start off,

I'm the first among my family members with a separate application who became a Canadian citizen recently as I've left them 7 years ago to study in ottawa as an International Student. I have obtained my Canadian citizenship recently this year.

My family resides in saudi Arabia, have applied for the privately sponsored refugees program in December 2019 and received the confirmation that their application has begun processing in April 2021.

I've gotten quite depressed recently as I'm looking at myself ahead of my family and I can't seem to do anything about facilitating their process. I've told them to reach and inquire about their application status but all is there to do is wait.

Having lived alone for the past 7 years since I came here, I've faced a lot of hardships and wish that I'm able to see them here safe and sound as the situation back in saudi Arabia is getting worse day by day for the Syrians.

My dad lost his job due to covid and is unemployed spending all his savings to help out my family.

I really want to know how long this will keep going on for this application process for them. He told me there's still an interview to do, a medical exam, and still another security check, which to what I'm hearing will probably take another year

I don't know how longer I can't handle being on my own for that long. I can visit them but I have a job here where I'm trying to make ends meet for myself as well.

Can somebody please tell me what can I do or who to reach out for and if there's hope to have them here by the end of this year?

I don't even know how long is this supposed take.

I want to star by saying (I am sending all the good vibes and prayers, and may any God you belive in, kee your mind and sprit lifted) I know the feeling of missing your family and not being able to see them, but I do not know how it feels to have family in a country where they may be killed at anytime for what ever reason, I hope they stay safe until they get to leave and come here.

Sounds like at this time from what you said, you do not have a lot of options, there are many ways to come to Canada, but sounds like your family does not have the money that would make that happen faster.

TRV - They may not get a TRV because sounds like they have no ties to the country and no money so that may be difficult at this time.
You can sponsor them - That sounds to also be impossible since you said your job, only helps you to make ends meet and you will ned to meet certain financial eligibility How much income do I need to sponsor my parents and grandparents?
so it really sounds like you will have to patiently wait for whatever they applied for to be processed, and this time IRCC has a backlog for all case types ( PR, TRV, Citship, Ref claims etc).
for now, I would talk to your friends, get a therapist, talk to someone and hope for the best, the day you see them your heart will be filled with joy and this will seem like a long distance feeling.

Good luck buddy, I really wish you good luck.

RefugeeHelp1

May 23, 2019
Category........
Other
Question is asking for gcms notes could affect your application process ?
Nope! they are separate departments so It does nth for your application. ATIP only has access to notes and general updates, they make no edits or alterations etc just look at the account get the info you ask for and send it to you

gayrefugee

Dec 22, 2020
Submit the application online on August 5, 2021, and pass the physical examination on October 11, 2022. There is no follow-up update. Please share your information with friends who have a complete timeline

Zoilaga

Feb 8, 2021
Hi everyone! I just here trying to see how far I am in my PR waiting time!
they received my application on Nov 5 2021
They open the file April 21 2022 and they already had my medical exam. In June they asked me for more details about my travel history and since then I didn’t hear anything else! Yo have an idea how long is taking ?
Also same day I applied for my travel document and nothing? Any thoughts?
thanks in advance

Knnan

Aug 18, 2022
Can someone advise
I submitted my application 2018
My second medical exam done last August 2022

and till now my status under process

email sent to IRCC and they reply as below

your application is still in progress and continues to require concurrence from the Quebec Government. A follow-up is sent to Quebec regarding the issuance of CSQ.

Anyone facing same issues. It seems like they request to renew my (CSQ)sponsorship again

dzx

Star Member
Jun 21, 2022
Hi everyone! I just here trying to see how far I am in my PR waiting time!
they received my application on Nov 5 2021
They open the file April 21 2022 and they already had my medical exam. In June they asked me for more details about my travel history and since then I didn’t hear anything else! Yo have an idea how long is taking ?
Also same day I applied for my travel document and nothing? Any thoughts?
thanks in advance
Many people here have the same experience, processing started, then some requests, then nothing. Typical IRCC behaviour.

Rinadina

Mar 18, 2022
My time as below:
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on July 5, 2021.
  2. We started processing your application on January 1, 2022.
  3. Medical results have been received.
  4. We sent you medical instructions on June 2, 2022. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  5. Eligibility Check -14th Nov 2022
  6. Pre-arrival 16th Nov 2022.
No update after that. What will be the next step can any one advise please.

usmm

Jan 7, 2022
My time as below:
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on July 5, 2021.
  2. We started processing your application on January 1, 2022.
  3. Medical results have been received.
  4. We sent you medical instructions on June 2, 2022. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  5. Eligibility Check -14th Nov 2022
  6. Pre-arrival 16th Nov 2022.
No update after that. What will be the next step can any one advise please.
hi next step you get approve and apply for pr card they send you email and send you link to upload photo and adress then you recive pr card
soon you almost done might be 1 or 2 months

Reactions: Rinadina