+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Time line for Permanent Residence application for Refugees

Jalalcananda

May 24, 2018
DAMNNNNN THE MAAANNNNN Jalal is backkkkkkkkkkk. i was so happy to see your notification this morning!

remember the good old days when we use to cry in this forum waiting for yearsssss for 1 update or at least a ghost update :p :p on our PR application. maaannn the good old days we can laugh now as we look back.

good luck to you all on this PR journey.. i cannot wait to be done WITH IRCC and their slow self
Omg. I was looking for you Nate.
You left the what's up.
So happy to see you again.
Yeah we had good times here waiting and wondering and Karen was bitting us.
I was lazy, I could apply for citizenship two months ago.
Did you apply already? I am sure you did.
Is there another forum we can hangout there?
Best wishes bro

Zai24

Star Member
Jan 6, 2022
Hi,

How much is PR fee to submit when we submit application after getting approved for protected person. I paid $550 now after 1 year i just got letter insufficent fee but not mentioned how much to pay more. Its urgent pls reply

RefugeeHelp1

May 23, 2019
Category........
Other
Reactions: Jalalcananda

RefugeeHelp1

May 23, 2019
Category........
Other
One year after my application, still no progress!
That is sad, IRCC keeps deprioritizing protected people or refugee class applications.

Did you see
Notice – Supplementary Information for the 2022-2024 Immigration Levels Plan

every category went up and they will do more each year, BUT for the Refugee class, all went down on how many they will accept or process. so I am not shocked that it's taking forever to process your application, we use to think that our applications are not a priority NOW WE KNOW FOR SURE!!!

Good luck to you all, one day soon you will be done

dzx

Star Member
Jun 21, 2022
That is sad, IRCC keeps deprioritizing protected people or refugee class applications.

Did you see
Notice – Supplementary Information for the 2022-2024 Immigration Levels Plan

every category went up and they will do more each year, BUT for the Refugee class, all went down on how many they will accept or process. so I am not shocked that it's taking forever to process your application, we use to think that our applications are not a priority NOW WE KNOW FOR SURE!!!

Good luck to you all, one day soon you will be done
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/notices/supplementary-immigration-levels-2020.html
The targets actually went up, in 2020 it’s like 50k but the new plan is 60-70k ish

The reason they look like they are falling is the situation in Afghanistan, Ukraine etc, which caused a spike in applications. Naturally, the government assumes situations like these will be temporary and lowered the long-term projection, but they are still higher than the original 2020-22 plans.

I think the current government is doing alright and I’m ultimately grateful. It’s really IRCC’s (almost criminal) incompetence ruining everything for all applicants, not just refugees. They just can’t do anything in a reasonable timeframe.