+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Time line for Permanent Residence application for Refugees

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Thanks hopefully I let you know when I Recive ecorp take care god bless you
Once you upload correct postal code and address and case worker approved, then copr will be uploaded in pr portal and you should be able to download. picture will not affect your copr but if you upload one that does not meet specification, they may write back to you, hence more delay

usmm

Jan 7, 2022
My time is here :
Application received on 21 june 2021
Started processing - January 5, 2022
Jul 03/2022- pre-arrival letter
August 03/2022- received email for medical
August 13/2022- medical passed
August 30/2022 eligibility pass letter
I called them they said everything looks good and done Criminality check is pass only Security Check left.
Do u guys know how long Security Check takes?
Soon you get good new might be this month you gonna apply for pr card
Once you upload correct postal code and address and case worker approved, then copr will be uploaded in pr portal and you should be able to download. picture will not affect your copr but if you upload one that does not meet specification, they may write back to you, hence more delay
Ok thanks let see w8ting for ecorp

Kmlylmz

Mar 8, 2022
I applied Pr 26 january 2022. And they requested a document with signs in 27 august because they said its incomplete so they cant start processing. And i sent it online after a day. Until now i got just automatic email from webform confirmation they said they r gonna check it but its busy time maybe it takes time. So should i wait until 30 days will be done or i should contact by phone? So i mean they again come back to my file after 7 months to start process? Or they start process after 30 days done because they gave me 30 days to send document?
Can anybody share experience about this?

Last edited:

miaa_00

Star Member
Mar 17, 2021
Hi
I Just received my GCMS notes
August 2021 Applicant.. My application started on 02/21/2022.. Didnt heard anything after that.

On my notes I saw that I passed medical(but expired),
biometrics submitted.

criminality in progress

My Eligibility has not started yet

InfoSharing" is still in process.

security not started

my office is CPC Mississauga

Also when I scroll down it shows me complete timeline and it says there
"application is missing following item IMM 5406 incomplete for PA. PO to review (dated 21.02.22)

But after that I received my Official AOR and was even able to link my file
so shall I ignore that my application is incomplete as it was complete
Please Advice

dzx

Star Member
Jun 21, 2022
Hi
I Just received my GCMS notes
August 2021 Applicant.. My application started on 02/21/2022.. Didnt heard anything after that.

On my notes I saw that I passed medical(but expired),
biometrics submitted.

criminality in progress

My Eligibility has not started yet

InfoSharing" is still in process.

security not started

my office is CPC Mississauga

Also when I scroll down it shows me complete timeline and it says there
"application is missing following item IMM 5406 incomplete for PA. PO to review (dated 21.02.22)

But after that I received my Official AOR and was even able to link my file
so shall I ignore that my application is incomplete as it was complete
Please Advice
Submit it again with an explanation, assuming it’s complete, they’ll not realize it’s complete without your input, government institutions are very lazy.

Reactions: miaa_00

Kmlylmz

Mar 8, 2022
I applied Pr 26 january 2022. And they requested a document with signs in 27 august because they said its incomplete so they cant start processing. And i sent it online after a day. Until now i got just automatic email from webform confirmation they said they r gonna check it but its busy time maybe it takes time. So should i wait until 30 days will be done or i should contact by phone? So i mean they again come back to my file after 7 months to start process? Or they start process after 30 days done because they gave me 30 days to send document?
Anybody has any idea or advice?

Danny1323

Mar 17, 2022
Can some one give me information how to get my Passport back after getting PR in Canada as Convention refugee? I submitted my passport to IRCC Etobicoke office?

ibmjam

Mar 8, 2019
Hello guys,

Hope you all get your PR soon and close this matter for ever.
I just start preparing my documents to submit my PR application through online portal.
I have some questions and I want to somebody explain to me how to solve it in order to avoid any future delay.

Firstly, in marriage certificate my wife name is different than the passport name, I mean there is extra name.
For example:
In marriage certificate her name is : Sufia Ali Khan
But in the passport the name is : Sufia Ali
So, do I need to make explanation letter or I can proceed it as it is.

Secondly, how to download the digital photo as there are asking for front and back sides of the photo with writing of the applicant name + DOB + studio address.
Can I make it in PDF file in two pages, the 1st page the digital photo and 2nd page the back side with the required information.

Sorry for my long message but I hope that you can understand my concern.

Thank you in advance.

Ekemini Kingz

Star Member
Mar 11, 2020
So the exact timeline from the start till today.
1- Refugee claim made 7th November 2018, medical done in 1 weeks time.
2- Refugee online hearing 3hrs and case accepted same day 17th March 2021.
3- PR application (paper submission) in Canada documents received by IRCC 26th May 2021.
4- PR application process started 9th December 2021
5- Medical notice by IRCC 7th April 2022
6- Pre arrival letter 8th April 2022
7- Medical approved 15th April 2022
8- PR portal invitation email 22nd August 2022 (uploaded picture and confirmation same day)
9- eCopr received 26th August 2022.
Now waiting for PR cards.
My case was in canada with my spouse. The only thing which made my case late was covid-19 and caused delay in my hearing date. I hope this will be helpful! Thank you for the wishes.
Hello Danny1323, have u received ur Pr card yet?

miaa_00

Star Member
Mar 17, 2021
hey Can you tell me how did you resubmit the form whoch was incomplete
Was it thro webform?

miaa_00

Star Member
Mar 17, 2021
Anybody has any idea or advice?
It is good that they informed you abt incomplete application or form and you made re submission. There are so many people here on the forum including me who don't get to know abt incomplete forms until they request GCMS notes. so how it works is after the initial submission they start processing within 8 months and if they have asked you for document they might start processing once they receive it