+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Time line for Permanent Residence application for Refugees

Orlando_Best

Sep 14, 2021
Guys I need help. What would happen to a PR holder who was a protected person if he asks for his international passport from IRCC and uses it to travel to a third country? Of recent, I have seen a lot of people using it and traveling to say UAE and back to Canada seamlessly. Would that be termed seeking the protection of your home country?

dzx

Star Member
Jun 21, 2022
Guys I need help. What would happen to a PR holder who was a protected person if he asks for his international passport from IRCC and uses it to travel to a third country? Of recent, I have seen a lot of people using it and traveling to say UAE and back to Canada seamlessly. Would that be termed seeking the protection of your home country?
Technically yes, but IRCC does not go after everyone who did this.

Raifed

Aug 17, 2022
Hello.
I sent my PR application sometime around March 2021. I got medical request on April 2022 which was updated on the file ( saying that I passed the medical exam) on July 6th.
I received invitation letter to pre-arrival assessment letter on 14th May 2022.

Since the update on 6th July 2022, no update had taken place on the CIC website but when I checked the ECAS, it says decision made but there's no new message on the hyperlink.

What do you guys think this means? How much longer may my Pr application take?

usmm

Jan 7, 2022
Hello.
I sent my PR application sometime around March 2021. I got medical request on April 2022 which was updated on the file ( saying that I passed the medical exam) on July 6th.
I received invitation letter to pre-arrival assessment letter on 14th May 2022.

Since the update on 6th July 2022, no update had taken place on the CIC website but when I checked the ECAS, it says decision made but there's no new message on the hyperlink.

What do you guys think this means? How much longer may my Pr application take?
Congrats soon you get the link for upload picture for pr

Jan 10, 2017
Hi

I got pre-arrival in May and got my PR in the middle of June. It partly depends on you; how fast you respond to their (portal) requests and invitation. I hope you have passport photo ready to upload? My PR card came exactly 3 weeks after my eCOPR.

Send a webform to follow up on your RTD.
When did you received your eCOPR after uploading the photos? Mine was submitted last week Friday and still waiting for eCOPR.

Orlando_Best

Sep 14, 2021
When did you received your eCOPR after uploading the photos? Mine was submitted last week Friday and still waiting for eCOPR.
Mine didn’t pass 48 hours. However, you shouldn’t be worried as long as the upload was successful. Congratulations in advance.

Ekemini Kingz

Star Member
Mar 11, 2020
Thanks for the assurance. I don't need to do the medical however. Really wish I had more clarity regarding next steps I have to take.

For anyone is curious this is my timeline:

- Protected person status received March 2021.
- PR application sent Mar 2021
- Confirmation of application received at IRCC Apr 2021.
- request for additional documents Nov 2021.
- Documents resent Nov 2021.
- Reviewing the additional documents provided April 2022.
- Pre-Arrival Letter recived Jun 2022.
- Current Status: High Anxiety

NOTES:
I do not need a medical exam.
I do not need an interview.
They don't need my Biometrics.
Hi ,plz did u finally get ur PR?

Jan 10, 2017
Mine didn’t pass 48 hours. However, you shouldn’t be worried as long as the upload was successful. Congratulations in advance.
My photos are still in review with IRCC. I don't know how long did it take them to accepted.
In COPR what is date of your becoming PR (Is the date your PR has been approved?) I wanted to know because I'm worried of do the calculation of my days towards citizenship. I guess I'm PR since the day my application was approved?

farsxp

Apr 19, 2019
My photos are still in review with IRCC. I don't know how long did it take them to accepted.
In COPR what is date of your becoming PR (Is the date your PR has been approved?) I wanted to know because I'm worried of do the calculation of my days towards citizenship. I guess I'm PR since the day my application was approved?
This is my question too. I have yet to receive acceptance of Address and Photo. I don't know how long it will take. It is interesting that a friend of mine got PR in March and sent photo and address via PR portal and the photo was never approved but he received his card a month later!
Please note that your ECoPR must be signed otherwise Service Canada will not change your SIN and you have to wait for your physical card to arrive to get a new SIN number.

Reactions: 9990

farsxp

Apr 19, 2019
This is a dangerous sign of re-availment and is highly risky.
Recent caselaw of a women losing her PR and Refugee Status!
https://www.canlii.org/en/ca/fct/doc/2020/2020fc761/2020fc761.html

I have said this multiple times in this forum:
NEVER ATTEMPT TO OBTAIN, RENEW, USE OR TRAVEL WITH THE PASSPORT FROM YOUR COUNTRY OF PERSECUTION EVEN TO ANOTHER COUNTRY OTHER THAN HOME COUNTRY! YOU WILL LOSE PR AND REFUGEE STATUS IF CAUGHT!

PS: Any wise and REAL refugee will never use the passport of their home country! If you are a real refugee you would never do that! End of story!

Last edited:
Reactions: 9990 and MOHAMMEDN

farsxp

Apr 19, 2019
Technically yes, but IRCC does not go after everyone who did this.
CBSA will go after the person by the application by the Minister of Public Safety resulted from the initial report from CBSA. Do not give wrong advice. You may cause huge issues for people!

Knnan

Aug 18, 2022
Guys I need help,

I checked my PR application status online after the madical test and befor receive the resualt of medical and found out:

6-We sent you correspondence on August 14, 2022. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

It has been already 5 days, and till the moment i didn't receive any correspondence by email.
any idea what the correspondence is!
What can i do to follow up or i've to wait?

Note, my appleaction (Refuge) private sponsor.
And my timline as below:
  1. We received your application February 2019.
  2. We started processing your application on October 2019.
  3. We sent you medical instructions on November 21, 2019. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  4. Medical results have been received.
  5. We sent you medical instructions on August 5, 2022. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  6. We sent you correspondence on August 14, 2022. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

RefugeeHelp1

May 23, 2019
Category........
Other
Guys I need help,

I checked my PR application status online after the madical test and befor receive the resualt of medical and found out:

6-We sent you correspondence on August 14, 2022. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

It has been already 5 days, and till the moment i didn't receive any correspondence by email.
any idea what the correspondence is!
What can i do to follow up or i've to wait?

Note, my appleaction (Refuge) private sponsor.
And my timline as below:
  1. We received your application February 2019.
  2. We started processing your application on October 2019.
  3. We sent you medical instructions on November 21, 2019. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  4. Medical results have been received.
  5. We sent you medical instructions on August 5, 2022. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  6. We sent you correspondence on August 14, 2022. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
If you do not see the letter attached to your profile and its been so long, I would contact the contact centre and get them to update you as to why you did not get it, I can still see my medical in the Messages about your application section of my profile, so might be an oversight where the person who did your file forgot to upload the documents. might just be a human error 5 days is too long to not see it it normally updates in 24hrs. also send a webform cause the contact centre sometimes are not helpful and can see only what you see.

Good luck

Last edited:
Reactions: Knnan