+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Time line for Permanent Residence application for Refugees

Jan 10, 2017
Hello guys,

Today I received the portal invitation from (3Days) of PR approval. Even though I created my user before getting the invitation but still they sent me.

Can anyone let me know how long these days PR cards are taking to be received?

farsxp

Apr 19, 2019
Hello guys,

Today I received the portal invitation from (3Days) of PR approval. Even though I created my user before getting the invitation but still they sent me.

Hello,
You can ignore the account you created before. You have to follow the instructions in the letter for a new account. Also, congrats on nearing the end of PR journey so please share your timeline. thanks
It takes between 1 to 3 months.

Last edited:

usmm

Jan 7, 2022
Hello guys,

Hi congrats it’s take maximum 3 month but people getting in month

Reactions: 9990

Jan 10, 2017
Hello,
You can ignore the account you created before. You have to follow the instructions in the letter for a new account. Also, congrats on nearing the end of PR journey so please share your timeline. thanks
It takes between 1 to 3 months.
It took 29 months to approve the PR.

4emad4

Star Member
Apr 26, 2019
Hey guys I received an email today

This letter refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada under the Protected Persons class.
In order to avoid delays in processing, you must provide the below documents if you have not already included it in the original submission and/or if there are any updates to the information that was provided by you previously:
-Schedule A: Background Declaration (IMM 5669)
-Additional Family Information (IMM 5406
-Police Certificate(s)
I applied online so I think did the first two already when I submitted my application, but the police certificate I don’t think I did that how can I get it ? Also is there’s a way I can check the documents submitted for my application just to make sure ?

Last edited:

Aaaaa2022

Jul 21, 2022
I just have two quick questions: After, receiving the pre-arrival, how long does it usually take for the PR to come in?

Also, concerning the travel document: I applied back in January and the money was taken out of my bank account back in July. How long after should I be expecting my travel document?

Thank you so much in advance for all your help!

usmm

Jan 7, 2022
I just have two quick questions: After, receiving the pre-arrival, how long does it usually take for the PR to come in?

Also, concerning the travel document: I applied back in January and the money was taken out of my bank account back in July. How long after should I be expecting my travel document?

For pr it’s take 1 to 3 moths maximum people getting card 1 months and travel documents you have to send webform that I am permanent residence so they should work fast on that

Hws24

Star Member
Mar 15, 2019
Hi I have received an email request of information for PR portal cards today, I have replied to the email as instructed, the email says I should receive a seond email with invitation to login to my PR portal account to upload a photo and confirm address, does anyone have answers to the below questions please:
  1. How long after I replied to wait to receive the invitation email?
  2. How long after PR portal account requests completed for PR card to be received?
  3. How long after receiving PR card myself (In Canada), my spouse (outside Ca) to have visa (no medical has been requested for my spouse yet)?
Thank you so much and good luck to all

Reactions: MOHAMMEDN

usmm

Jan 7, 2022
Hi I have received an email request of information for PR portal cards today, I have replied to the email as instructed, the email says I should receive a seond email with invitation to login to my PR portal account to upload a photo and confirm address, does anyone have answers to the below questions please:
  2. How long after PR portal account requests completed for PR card to be received?
  3. How long after receiving PR card myself (In Canada), my spouse (outside Ca) to have visa (no medical has been requested for my spouse yet)?
1 it’s take 2 to 7 days send in vital protal
2 it’s take 1 to 3 month for pr card
3 when they get corresponded I mean approval for your permanent residence then they ask medical your family

Reactions: Hws24

MOHAMMEDN

Star Member
Sep 6, 2021
Mississauga
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
App. Filed.......
31-07-2020
AOR Received.
18-06-2021
Glad to see there has been some great progress on your application so far.

1- Invitation usually does not take too long, maximum 1 week to 10 days. ( If they did not send it to you within the first week, send a webform reminder)

2- PR cards current average processing time is 83 days. (You might get it any day sooner)

3- It depends on when you spouse submitted their original application to the case processing center in Mississauga + which Visa office is processing your spouse application. Could you provide more details of your spouse timeline and visa office?

Reactions: Hws24

Orlando_Best

Sep 14, 2021
Hey guys I received an email today

This letter refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada under the Protected Persons class.
In order to avoid delays in processing, you must provide the below documents if you have not already included it in the original submission and/or if there are any updates to the information that was provided by you previously:
-Schedule A: Background Declaration (IMM 5669)
-Additional Family Information (IMM 5406
-Police Certificate(s)
I applied online so I think did the first two already when I submitted my application, but the police certificate I don’t think I did that how can I get it ? Also is there’s a way I can check the documents submitted for my application just to make sure ?
Whatever is the case, you have to provide these documents they asked for whether you submitted them earlier or not. It’s possible you left some gaps in the forms or your information is in conflict with an earlier submission. Always keep copies of your application/submissions to IRCC. Act fast if you don’t want the processing of your application to stall.

Orlando_Best

Sep 14, 2021

Hi

I got pre-arrival in May and got my PR in the middle of June. It partly depends on you; how fast you respond to their (portal) requests and invitation. I hope you have passport photo ready to upload? My PR card came exactly 3 weeks after my eCOPR.

Send a webform to follow up on your RTD.

Hws24

Star Member
Mar 15, 2019
Glad to see there has been some great progress on your application so far.

1- Invitation usually does not take too long, maximum 1 week to 10 days. ( If they did not send it to you within the first week, send a webform reminder)

2- PR cards current average processing time is 83 days. (You might get it any day sooner)

3- It depends on when you spouse submitted their original application to the case processing center in Mississauga + which Visa office is processing your spouse application. Could you provide more details of your spouse timeline and visa office?
one thing worked for sure after all the waiting time (Time of family separation= 45 months for now), I email the PM in my area every week, I have been doing so since December 2021, & it is only then when I started seeing the application in progress. the PM office have been so nice in communicating with me they do not reply on every email but I still get some response from them, they provide updates on my application, my conclusion (sadly) having someone check on your application every now and then makes them work on the file, so use the PM in your area,
the application for spouse submitted on September 2021, VO= Beirut-the VO corresponded with us on July 2022, and now we are waiting for the next step.

Reactions: MOHAMMEDN

farsxp

Apr 19, 2019
Guys, today I received Pre-arrival letter. No update or no eligibility pass after that. I passed medical on May 27. What is next after Pre-Arrival letter?