+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Time line for Permanent Residence application for Refugees

Jakiewuyi

Star Member
Jan 20, 2022
Application Received 20th May, 2020
Started Processing 13th October, 2021
Medical received 07 February, 2022
Portal Invitation 07 March, 2022 (11:43am) I included in the response that I already have an account on the portal.
Portal Credentials 07 March, 2022 (3:24pm) They responded that I should use my Login credentials to the Portal
Portal Information Uploaded and submitted: 07 March, 2022 (7:25pm) Now in review with the IRCC
Ecopr: ????????

P.S : I have spouse and kids outside and this is from Montreal, IRCC
I am sure you’ll soon receive the notification that your eCOPR is ready for download. Make sure you check the PR portal regularly (Incase you missed the notification email or they’ve already uploaded the eCOPR). I think the processing of the Ukrainian refugee is also causing delay from IRCC.

Reactions: Papilus

JBKJN

Jan 6, 2021
Make sure that you submitted and not just uploaded, one of my friends uploaded the files but he forgot to submit the files and he was waiting for two months, then i checked his portal and findout. lol.
I uploaded and submitted my documents but I do not know why it has taken more than two months. :(

SandoxG

Mar 14, 2022
Hello,

I applied for refugee status in 2019 September.
My first hearing date was postponed from July 2020 to January 2021.
I applied pr on February 2021.

Can you guys have any idea about my timeline and process?
What should I do?

https://prnt.sc/HZ2AoBszpwa9

Permanent Residence
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on February 5, 2021.
  2. We started processing your application on September 22, 2021.
Why it does not show medical results on the GCKEY login page.
They requested a police certificate from another country where I used to live for more than 6 months on 24.11.2021.
I got and sent it to immigration in 10 days.
I received a message on my account Invitation to Pre-arrival services on 04.02.2022.
I received an e-mail PP Eligibility Approval letter on 08.02.2022.

I am still waiting for the invitation portal email.
My all of friends who applied after me became permanent residents. I am the only one still waiting. They got their cards in 8-12 months. I am really confused about why my application?
Wy is their process done so fast? Why is my process going so slow?

No update until today.

Thank you so much!

Last edited:

cyberlink

Aug 10, 2020
Hello,

What should I do?

Permanent Residence
They requested a police certificate from another country where I used to live for more than 6 months on 24.11.2021.
I received a message on my account Invitation to Pre-arrival services on 04.02.2022.

My all of friends who applied after me became permanent residents. I am the only one still waiting. They got their cards in 8-12 months. I am really confused about why my application?

No update until today.

Thank you so much!
Unfortunately the answer is just a lazy agent, i am in same situation and nothing to do other than WAIT, cic is one the slowest and least organized organizations in canada, it is what it is and we can't do nothing.

Safoo

Star Member
Jun 5, 2021
Hello,

What should I do?

Permanent Residence

No update until today.

Thank you so much!
So you got decision made and you waiting for your portal invitation since 8 February thats what i understand? You received email that your application its approved?

SandoxG

Mar 14, 2022
So you got decision made and you waiting for your portal invitation since 8 February thats what i understand? You received email that your application its approved?
I got this letter.

This letter refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada under the Protected Persons class.
It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent residence as a Protected Person. Please note that a final decision will not be made until all remaining requirements for becoming a permanent resident have been met. These requirements include medical, security and background checks for you and, if applicable, your family members. You cannot become a permanent resident until you and all your family members have met these requirements.

Safoo

Star Member
Jun 5, 2021
I got this letter.

This letter refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada under the Protected Persons class.
It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent residence as a Protected Person. Please note that a final decision will not be made until all remaining requirements for becoming a permanent resident have been met. These requirements include medical, security and background checks for you and, if applicable, your family members. You cannot become a permanent resident until you and all your family members have met these requirements.
Ok thats eligibility letter , thats a good sign that your application its almost done , you must wait for decision made , after that you wait for portal invitation

SandoxG

Mar 14, 2022
Ok thats eligibility letter , thats a good sign that your application its almost done , you must wait for decision made , after that you wait for portal invitation
When decision going to be made? My friends received this letter then 15-30 days later they received portal information.
Other than that there is no medical results received information in my application after we started your application.

gayrefugee

Dec 22, 2020
The applicant (single) in August 2021 has not received any news so far. I just received a provisional application number on August 20 last year. Other applicants in August have already received news. The applicant in September There is also news, I have some anxiety, what can I do but wait?

Orlando_Best

Sep 14, 2021
When decision going to be made? My friends received this letter then 15-30 days later they received portal information.
Other than that there is no medical results received information in my application after we started your application.
Every application is different and they are being handled by different people too. Just exercise a little patience as your application has already gone far. You will soon hear good news. Have you done medical?