+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Time line for Permanent Residence application for Refugees

dzx

Star Member
Jun 21, 2022
Hi, I’m December 2021 applicant . Does anyone know when they start processing my application ?
It should have already started, check ECAS frequently. There has been many problems recently however, people’s applications have stalled, multiple medical requests, etc. I cannot check my application on ECAS but can check it through the phone system.

Kmlylmz

Mar 8, 2022
It should have already started, check ECAS frequently. There has been many problems recently however, people’s applications have stalled, multiple medical requests, etc. I cannot check my application on ECAS but can check it through the phone system.

what Ecas means? How can we check from Ecas?
Thank you

Alhoss

Jul 12, 2022
I sent my pr application in December 2021 and received in 30 December but they don’t start processing my application yet.

Is there any one here sent file in december 2021 and application started ?

dzx

Star Member
Jun 21, 2022
Can i go to mississauga office and ask why they don’t start processing the application?
They are not open to the public, you are better off asking your local MPP office but don’t expect any significant help unless your application turns 22 months old.

dzx

Star Member
Jun 21, 2022
I sent my pr application in December 2021 and received in 30 December but they don’t start processing my application yet.

Normally there is an one month gap between submission and AOR, and then 6-7 months between AOR and processing, wait for a bit more.

Whiskey2020

Apr 8, 2020

[/QUOTE
Usually it takes 6 months to get AOR and the process starts. Like my took one year before I could get AOR , am still in the process for 2 year and 7 months and I don't know when it's going to end.

Whiskey2020

Apr 8, 2020
I've applied for PR as overseas spouse of a protected person. However we can only track his application status online while mine and the children doesn't seem to exist. When will our own processing begin? I'm trying to understand how much longer I have to cope with.
Application sent in November 2021.
Received in December 2021
We have started processing your application for Spouse (Protected status) in 16 June 2022
Medical received.
Thanks for response.
You may not be able to track your application as a dependent until the primary applicant is through. I myself applied January 2020 and I have kids in USA. My application is still in progress as they said so all we can do is to wait.

Reactions: Homelonely

Orlando_Best

Sep 14, 2021
You may not be able to track your application as a dependent until the primary applicant is through. I myself applied January 2020 and I have kids in USA. My application is still in progress as they said so all we can do is to wait.
Is it possible for you to travel to USA using the RTD given your status?

Whiskey2020

Apr 8, 2020
Is it possible for you to travel to USA using the RTD given your status?
I would love to travel to us to see my family but I knew the chances are slim, because first I came from there to Canada as a refugee, secondly I will need to have the PR in hand in other for them not to think am going there to stay permanently. So for now am not much worried about traveling until I get my pr.