+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Time line for Permanent Residence application for Refugees

mylo96

Nov 20, 2020
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on June 9, 2021.
  2. We started processing your application on December 17, 2021.
  3. Medical results have been received.
  4. We sent you correspondence on March 23, 2022. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  5. We sent you medical instructions on June 8, 2022. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  6. Eligibility passed on June 8th 2022
  7. Invitation to prearrival services on June 9th 2022
  8. Reeived approval email to confirm email address and dates which I entered in Canada on June 20th 2022
  9. Received PR portal credentials on June 24th 2022
  10. You entered Canada at the Etobicoke IRCC office on July 5, 2022 and became a Permanent Resident.
Am grateful, the wait is done. Many thanks for the input from those on the forum. Am now just waiting for the PR card
Congratulations!

Besttee

Star Member
Nov 8, 2020
I have a question not related to this section, it is not too clear to me and what should be right option to choose.

Before i submit my standard UK visitor visa application in Canada. I became a permanent resident in Jan. 2021

1) what is the correct response to one of the application question below.

How many times have you visited the following places in the past 10 years
Australia
Canada
New Zealand
USA
Switzerland
European Economic Area (do not include travel to the UK)

Options:
Zero
Once
2 to 5 times
6 or more times

I moved and have been living in Canada since November 2013 and have never left the country. So, I do not know if "Once or Zero" is the right option to choose for Canada.

I have been here for almost 10 years. I chose the "Zero" option, but if I had chosen "One". It is asking for; How long was your visit? I don't know if i should write the date from the entry date (Nov. 2013) and today's date. I think that’s makes since I made refugee claim upon arrival. That’s no mor a visit right?

My confusion is that; Coming to Canada is still within 10 years time frame.

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
I have a question not related to this section, it is not too clear to me and what should be right option to choose.

Before i submit my standard UK visitor visa application in Canada. I became a permanent resident in Jan. 2021

1) what is the correct response to one of the application question below.

How many times have you visited the following places in the past 10 years
Australia
Canada
New Zealand
USA
Switzerland
European Economic Area (do not include travel to the UK)

Options:
Zero
Once
2 to 5 times
6 or more times

I moved and have been living in Canada since November 2013 and have never left the country. So, I do not know if "Once or Zero" is the right option to choose for Canada.

I have been here for almost 10 years. I chose the "Zero" option, but if I had chosen "One". It is asking for; How long was your visit? I don't know if i should write the date from the entry date (Nov. 2013) and today's date. I think that’s makes since I made refugee claim upon arrival. That’s no mor a visit right?

My confusion is that; Coming to Canada is still within 10 years time frame.
Choose one and if there is additional space to add comment, write i have been resident in Canada since 2013

Therightd237

Nov 20, 2021
Hello guys, medical was requested from me on May 29th and had an update on my cic account passed medical on June 28. I was hoping to be at pre arrival services by now. No other update, not even eligibility passed. I’m a March 2021 applicant with an inland dependent who was requested biometrics since February 2022 and no update on my dependent application either.
is There any specific order of how things get processed? What should I expect after medical passed? Thanks

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Hello guys, medical was requested from me on May 29th and had an update on my cic account passed medical on June 28. I was hoping to be at pre arrival services by now. No other update, not even eligibility passed. I’m a March 2021 applicant with an inland dependent who was requested biometrics since February 2022 and no update on my dependent application either.
is There any specific order of how things get processed? What should I expect after medical passed? Thanks
No specific order to be honest...im stuck on medical since April....

Umit

Jul 9, 2022
Permanent Residence
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on January 12, 2022.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on January 12, 2022.
  3. We started processing your application on January 12, 2022.
  4. We sent you medical instructions on February 28, 2022. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  5. Medical results have been received.
  6. We sent you correspondence on April 14, 2022. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  7. We sent you correspondence on June 12, 2022. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
Guys I have not received any emails asking for my information, but i think it could be because my information could be handled by someone else? because I did the biometrics and medical checks already during interview.
I am afghan asylum seeker in Turkey.
Does anyone know why i havent received any emails but the process is still going? should I be worried?
and also does anyone know how long itll take from here to immigration?
Also, It says Decision made under permanent resident.
Thanks.

MOHAMMEDN

Star Member
Sep 6, 2021
Mississauga
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
App. Filed.......
31-07-2020
AOR Received.
18-06-2021
Permanent Residence
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on January 12, 2022.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on January 12, 2022.
  3. We started processing your application on January 12, 2022.
  4. We sent you medical instructions on February 28, 2022. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  5. Medical results have been received.
  6. We sent you correspondence on April 14, 2022. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  7. We sent you correspondence on June 12, 2022. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
Guys I have not received any emails asking for my information, but i think it could be because my information could be handled by someone else? because I did the biometrics and medical checks already during interview.
I am afghan asylum seeker in Turkey.
Does anyone know why i havent received any emails but the process is still going? should I be worried?
and also does anyone know how long itll take from here to immigration?
Also, It says Decision made under permanent resident.
Thanks.
Confirm your email with them by sending webform that you have not received any emails and specify your email address.

Umit

Jul 9, 2022
Confirm your email with them by sending webform that you have not received any emails and specify your email address.
I sent them a webform, but im still not sure if it anything is wrong, still better safe than sorry.
also my case is an afghan refugee case, I have already done the interview and biometric checks, do they have any reason to send me anything else?
finger print was already taken during the biometric checks, and medical checks were done in the same day. I wonder how long is it going to take

farsxp

Apr 19, 2019
Same as @Simba112 I am stuck at Medical since May 27.

Homelonely

Jul 12, 2022
I've applied for PR as overseas spouse of a protected person. However we can only track his application status online while mine and the children doesn't seem to exist. When will our own processing begin? I'm trying to understand how much longer I have to cope with.
Application sent in November 2021.
Received in December 2021
We have started processing your application for Spouse (Protected status) in 16 June 2022
Medical received.
Thanks for response.