+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Time line for Permanent Residence application for Refugees

gehaif

Star Member
Sep 16, 2019
When did your security and Criminality pass?
for me:
I am May 2018 applicant
received AIP April 23rd, 2020 and requested my husband military record details that we provided on the same day.
last Monday I called the IRCC call center the agent told mr that my Security pass
the Criminality is still in progress but What I know that criminality should be pass before the security as in my GCMS noted that I ordered since May 20, 2020 says that NO CRIMINAL RECORD.
I am still waiting

thanks
Wish you best of luck
As your GCMS stats that NO CRIMINAL RECORD it means you passed the criminality, it shows the same on my last GCMS notes received, and the status updated to Passed.

I am June 2018 applicant
AIP : May 14th
Criminality Passed: May 28th
Security: Passed on last Monday (June 22nd)

Wish you all the best as well.

Refu0202

Apr 14, 2020
As your GCMS stats that NO CRIMINAL RECORD it means you passed the criminality, it shows the same on my last GCMS notes received, and the status updated to Passed.

I am June 2018 applicant
AIP : May 14th
Criminality Passed: May 28th
Security: Passed on last Monday (June 22nd)

Wish you all the best as well.
Do you have dependent outside Canada?

gehaif

Star Member
Sep 16, 2019
I think your part completed. they are doing your family member's background, criminality & etc. I called IRCC, agent told me that they need to verify my wife file, even she didn't submit any document:oops::oops::oops:
Well, last December i called the IRCC and they have informed me that my wife has passed it all, it was all about me

Reactions: Rose@watan

Rose@watan

Star Member
Apr 19, 2020
Well, last December i called the IRCC and they have informed me that my wife has passed it all, it was all about me
That is right as I asked the agent and he told me that we would not write Pass for the main applicant UNLESS all his/ her family member already passed it( regarding Medicals, Criminality, Security)

All the best for all

Reactions: gehaif

Jan 10, 2017
Goodmorning everyone!

I am extremely happy today to announce you that I have finally become a permament resident. ❤ It's been a long 7 years battle (legacy claimant here) but I finally found the relief I was longing for... i cannot express my happiness and am really grateful to this country. Thanks to everyone whom gave me the advices I needed and the moral support. I haven't received the COPR yet but I am sure it's on its way. I will keep you all in my prayers and wish you the very best in achieving your statuses ❤

My timeline:

Permanent Residence
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on October 15, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on December 15, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on December 14, 2018.
  4. We sent you correspondence on May 29, 2019. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  5. We sent you medical instructions on May 29, 2019. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  6. Medical results have been received.
  7. We sent you a letter on June 24, 2020. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  8. You entered Canada at the Winnipeg IRCC office on June 24, 2020 and became a Permanent Resident.
Congratulations!!!