Time line for Permanent Residence application for Refugees

mikeYYC

Star Member
Mar 22, 2021
Calgary
Category........
Other
Do I need to wait for my PR card first?
No. I applied right after I got my decision. But so far what I know. Your RTD without PR status will be issued only for 2 years (like mine). If you have PR status it will be issued for 5 years. When you are traveling to Mexico you need to apply for visa. Cuba, Dominican Republic, Jamaica are not requiring visa for RTD. I just applied a week ago. My first one already expired.

NS0019

Aug 4, 2021
No. I applied right after I got my decision. But so far what I know. Your RTD without PR status will be issued only for 2 years (like mine). If you have PR status it will be issued for 5 years. When you are traveling to Mexico you need to apply for visa. Cuba, Dominican Republic, Jamaica are not requiring visa for RTD. I just applied a week ago. My first one already expired.
Thank you so much

3mmmad

Star Member
May 9, 2021
Exactly 23 months later, today it appears in my account that they passed the medical examination on today's date, and I don't know why. Has anyone gone through the same thing?

mikeYYC

Star Member
Mar 22, 2021
Calgary
Category........
Other
Hi
Exactly 23 months later, today it appears in my account that they passed the medical examination on today's date, and I don't know why. Has anyone gone through the same thing?
Hi, yes I do have a same thing from last week. After 23m they sent me a messaget that my medical exam was received. I sent it 23m ago. This stupid system is full with a lots of nonsense answers. Im full of this BS from Canada government

imadeddin

Jul 5, 2016
Hi

Hi, yes I do have a same thing from last week. After 23m they sent me a messaget that my medical exam was received. I sent it 23m ago. This stupid system is full with a lots of nonsense answers. Im full of this BS from Canada government
Yes, it is an automated message, I guess. I had in April and it is the last update I got in my account.

imadeddin

Jul 5, 2016
I applied last week. No update yet, but I found out this news too. I’m so mad. They are violating travel rights. What a stupid country
Man, I am so frustrated. I gave up with pr so I decided to get a TRD and travel and stay with my family in Egypt but I found out that I wont be able to get it. I am literally stuck here, no pr no travel no family! What can we do? What are they doing?