+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Time line for Permanent Residence application for Refugees

RefugeeHelp1

May 23, 2019
Category........
Other
Thanks a lot for your answer, but why did they give me the AIP after 24 months if the security and criminality are not done yet. whey did not give it after only the medicals pass. They requested fingerprints in January 2019 and we have done it right away. And as I mentioned we have been here for more than 7 years. We did not live in any country other than home country and Canada. I finished my PhD here my husband is working here since 2015. All my sons came very young and studying here. I DO NOT KNOW WHY THEY ARE TAKING FOREVER FOR SECURITY. I know a friend with a big family came across the borders they took their positive notice of decision in a month and then they took their PR in only 12 months.

regards
1, unfortunately security is done for every singe member of your family so the more people the longer the security will be longer.
2, you have a Phd which for some reason they have to verify and that takes a little longer especially if they are trying to verify it from back home or even the part you did there (back home). i have seen here b4 they deleted the old forum where people with Phd wait for a very long time and then they ask them for more information about their degree and let them wait more. wish i had more infomrtion about that but i do not.
3, and AiP can be issued at any point the application process, once the paper file is completed.

4, the reason security takes long is because people do not understand that education evaluation and verification is apart of that process not just crime ETC if canada does not have diplomatic relationship with the country you are from it will take them a very long time to get information, does not matter if you have been here 2 yrs or 10 yrs they have to do security does not matter if you have never been to AUS, EUR, US they still have to do info sharing they have their processes and it matter not they will take their sweet time to do all the same checks on everyone.

not sure if you are a refugee but since you have a PhD the easiest way you could have migrated would have been via EE you would literally be in the citizenship process now or be a citizen already.

so sorry to hear you been waitig for so long,

Good Luck & all the best.

RefugeeHelp1

May 23, 2019
Category........
Other
I totally agree with you... I am here since 2017
They need to do the screening before sending your file to IRB and RPD which means you are eligible and no concerns regarding you and the others accompanying you! as you said Then what is this long security check once again!!
Still have to understand IRB, IRCC & CBSA are all same immigration but they are 100% separate, different processes, different requiemnets so even if IRB cleared you with security and all IRCC is still going to do the same process again.

its unfortunately and i hate it too but it is what it is.

simple2000

Feb 19, 2019
Still have to understand IRB, IRCC & CBSA are all same immigration but they are 100% separate, different processes, different requiemnets so even if IRB cleared you with security and all IRCC is still going to do the same process again.

its unfortunately and i hate it too but it is what it is.
I do undrestand that.. but when you apply to become refugee the first side you meet is CBSA not IRB and they do your checking before they refer u to IRB...
any ways bro ... Thanks for your time replying and sharing what u gathered

TheVoice2020

Apr 21, 2020
I do undrestand that.. but when you apply to become refugee the first side you meet is CBSA not IRB and they do your checking before they refer u to IRB...
any ways bro ... Thanks for your time replying and sharing what u gathered
You do not meet with CBSA first all depend on how you claim refugee protection..

i met with IRCC who determined that i had grounds who then referred to IRB who then requested CBSA..

also as @RefugeeHelp1 said different department so we should stop trying to think why cause no one here can really answer that...

im 20 months now and waiting still.

All the best to us all..

AryaRobinson

Dec 21, 2019
1, unfortunately security is done for every singe member of your family so the more people the longer the security will be longer.
2, you have a Phd which for some reason they have to verify and that takes a little longer especially if they are trying to verify it from back home or even the part you did there (back home). i have seen here b4 they deleted the old forum where people with Phd wait for a very long time and then they ask them for more information about their degree and let them wait more. wish i had more infomrtion about that but i do not.
3, and AiP can be issued at any point the application process, once the paper file is completed.

4, the reason security takes long is because people do not understand that education evaluation and verification is apart of that process not just crime ETC if canada does not have diplomatic relationship with the country you are from it will take them a very long time to get information, does not matter if you have been here 2 yrs or 10 yrs they have to do security does not matter if you have never been to AUS, EUR, US they still have to do info sharing they have their processes and it matter not they will take their sweet time to do all the same checks on everyone.

not sure if you are a refugee but since you have a PhD the easiest way you could have migrated would have been via EE you would literally be in the citizenship process now or be a citizen already.

I thought we were accepted based on our claims not on our education. Does it mean our certificates and places of work back home will be checked like we applied for Express Entry?

Reactions: jack_2001

RefugeeHelp1

May 23, 2019
Category........
Other
I thought we were accepted based on our claims not on our education. Does it mean our certificates and places of work back home will be checked like we applied for Express Entry?
They actually might check them IRCC wants to make sure you did not provide false information or documentation as these are grounds for inadmissibility.. so even thou we are not required to evaluate our educational credentials they may verify the information just the same.

Keliwal

Star Member
Mar 23, 2019
Is there any July 2019 applicant? My progress bar shows 51%, process estimated to complete March 2021!

Review of eligibility - We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results - You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
Review of additional documents - We are reviewing the additional documents you provided.
Interview - You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics - We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check - Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.
Final decision - Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
I am July 2019 applicant. 50% bar.

Keliwal

Star Member
Mar 23, 2019
They call you to do a phone landing you can’t call and schedule an appointment. Some are also landing where you send in your signed COPR and they send back your copy. There is variability between provinces. There is a long list of people needing to land inland and many have emailed specifying they are in Canada wanting to land inland. Someone is slowly going through the lists and contacting people.
It shouldn’t be someone, but a group of people. They should put more people into this and they can make phone calls from home. Phone calls can’t be an excuse for delays.

Rose@watan

Star Member
Apr 19, 2020

Thanks for the detailed explaination. My PhD is from a very well known University in Ontario, Canada.
Regards

Rose@watan

Star Member
Apr 19, 2020
Hi I’m happy to write hear today after receiving my Copr confirmation of permanent residence.Patience is key.We have no control over this things.I am a protected person and I applied for permanent residency.Took around roughly 16 months
Congratulations

Reactions: maedow

RefugeeHelp1

May 23, 2019
Category........
Other
Hi I’m happy to write hear today after receiving my Copr confirmation of permanent residence.Patience is key.We have no control over this things.I am a protected person and I applied for permanent residency.Took around roughly 16 months
Did you get your DM b4 the CoPR or just straight to CoPR!! this is awesome new which ever way so congratulations!!

gehaif

Star Member
Sep 16, 2019
Congratulation :)