+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Time line for Permanent Residence application for Refugees

mugere

Star Member
Oct 26, 2018
Hey guys...
Anyone see s.21 or s.26 on the top right corner of the GCMS notes...
I think it is about sections of privacy act in which some info are hidden to applicant ..
I hope this does not delay our process
I have s21 and s26 in my GCMS notes its about security and criminality checking hidden informations !
and the hidden info are reaveled in CBSA notes.
Am sept 2018 applicant ! paper file : ready for landing

Reactions: simple2000

simple2000

Feb 19, 2019
I have s21 and s26 in my GCMS notes its about security and criminality checking hidden informations !
and the hidden info are reaveled in CBSA notes.
Am sept 2018 applicant ! paper file : ready for landing
So does it mean it is something normal or it is for further screening? I wonder why some got s.15 and s.16 instead!

mugere

Star Member
Oct 26, 2018
So does it mean it is something normal or it is for further screening? I wonder why some got s.15 and s.16 instead!
I dont know why some got S15&S16 others s21&s26
All i know is that everything about those sections is normal!

and its about section 15,16,21 and 26 of the privacy act

mugere

Star Member
Oct 26, 2018
I hope so
[/

You applied your notes under the Privacy act and there are the sections corresponding to that.

International affairs and defence
21 The head of a government institution may refuse to disclose any personal information requested under subsection 12(1) the disclosure of which could reasonably be expected to be injurious to the conduct of international affairs, the defence of Canada or any state allied or associated with Canada, as defined in subsection 15(2) of the Access to Information Act, or the efforts of Canada toward detecting, preventing or suppressing subversive or hostile activities, as defined in subsection 15(2) of the Access to Information Act, including, without restricting the generality of the foregoing, any such information listed in paragraphs 15(1)(a) to (i) of the Access to Information Act.

When your apply for your GCMS notes, it released only your information, and not other people on the application. So their information is withheld under s26

Information about another individual
26 The head of a government institution may refuse to disclose any personal information requested under subsection 12(1) about an individual other than the individual who made the request, and shall refuse to disclose such information where the disclosure is prohibited under section 8.

kelepirci

Star Member
Jan 22, 2020
Hi guys,

IRCC received my application oct 2018, I requested GCMS notes last month and it’s says:

PAPER FILE: 1
PP- READY FOR LANDING
PAPER FILE: 2
PP- PENDING /BF
PAPER FILE: 3
PP- QUEUED FOR DECISION

is there any idea what this means?

Thanks
Unfortunately nothing special. I am December 2018 applicant and in PP-READY FOR LANDING since 2019.

And strangely my security is valid criminilaty passed but that will be updated when DM reached. There is no known reason for my case to wait until now. Which is 18 months.

I only think that processing time on the case processing officer or the schedule they have put my file in.

I also strongly believe Covid 19 has slowed my application process and eagerly waiting for things to get little normal.

Keeping the hope high and pray God.

Refu0202

Apr 14, 2020
Unfortunately nothing special. I am December 2018 applicant and in PP-READY FOR LANDING since 2019.

And strangely my security is valid criminilaty passed but that will be updated when DM reached. There is no known reason for my case to wait until now. Which is 18 months.

I only think that processing time on the case processing officer or the schedule they have put my file in.

I also strongly believe Covid 19 has slowed my application process and eagerly waiting for things to get little normal.

Keeping the hope high and pray God.
I think Queued for decision is more closer to DM

TheVoice2020

Apr 21, 2020
I think Queued for decision is more closer to DM
No its nots this comes b4 ready for landing , Queued for decision is the first note that everyone see nonce you sent yo application and its deem completed and when i say completed i mean the application is complete all the information written in the application is correct ETC.

Ready for landing is the last stage b4 DM and even after ready for landing it takes a long time to get DM as well.

Refu0202

Apr 14, 2020
No its nots this comes b4 ready for landing , Queued for decision is the first note that everyone see nonce you sent yo application and its deem completed and when i say completed i mean the application is complete all the information written in the application is correct ETC.

Ready for landing is the last stage b4 DM and even after ready for landing it takes a long time to get DM as well.
I have Ready for landing only. I thought , my file should get all three