+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Time line for Permanent Residence application for Refugees

Yessam07

Star Member
Apr 27, 2018
Alhamdulillah,
Permanent Residence

1. We received your application for permanent residence on May 29, 2019.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on October 17, 2019.
  3. We started processing your application on October 11, 2019.
  4. We sent you correspondence on February 20, 2020. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  5. We sent you correspondence on February 2, 2021 about the decision on your application.
  6. Medical results have been received.
  7. You entered Canada at the Vancouver Immigration office on February 11, 2021 and became a Permanent Resident.
Subhanallah,
Congratulations

Reactions: 1989Khan

Oscarsunil

Star Member
Jan 5, 2021
Alhamdulillah,
Permanent Residence

2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on October 17, 2019.
  4. We sent you correspondence on February 20, 2020. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  5. We sent you correspondence on February 2, 2021 about the decision on your application.
  7. You entered Canada at the Vancouver Immigration office on February 11, 2021 and became a Permanent Resident.
Subhanallah,
Congratulations

saidur

Dec 14, 2019
Alhamdulillah,
Permanent Residence

Subhanallah,
Alhumdulillah, congratulations , my timeline is exactly same as yours AIP received 12Dec now waiting..... by the way do you have overseas dependents?

Tamiou

Feb 5, 2021
Alhamdulillah,
Permanent Residence

Subhanallah,
This give me so much hope! Congratulations!

Spogmey

Star Member
Dec 4, 2020
I understand the frustration as I am in similar boat and I also totally agree that IRCC is taking too long without any justified reason rather only due to their laziness and snail speed processes.
But going on hunger strike is only an option for me in life and death situation.
One of my friend is waiting for refugee hearing sine last 3 years so say thanks GOD that you has been approved as protected person

PrinceH

Star Member
Oct 16, 2020
Dear friend,
Have patience, and trust me don't see too much forums as it will lead you to unwanted mental stress, think all good things and think about people who is still waiting for a positive refugee decision after appealing from years on a different levels who have not yet been granted, people who have been deported back to thier own countries, see the different forums of refugees how they struggling.
We are blessed that by God's grace we have been accepted, now it's a matter of time .
Have patience and try to stay calm and happy atleast we are PROTECTED PERSON.
God bless us all.
Well said
But still we can have action while we’ve patience

Kaisa_18

Nov 26, 2018
AOR Received.
08-03-2019
Well said
But still we can have action while we’ve patience
Since you didn't provide the police clearance from UAE it make since that your file is pending because IRCC needs to confirm that you haven't committed a serious crime there that would make you inadmissible to Canada permanent residency.

You can pay back your debits by contacting the bank directly and set up a repayment plan. I am actually surprised that you haven't done that already since you say the only reason you couldn't get the pcc is due to the bank debit.

Reactions: PrinceH

PrinceH

Star Member
Oct 16, 2020
Since you didn't provide the police clearance from UAE it make since that your file is pending because IRCC needs to confirm that you haven't committed a serious crime there that would make you inadmissible to Canada permanent residency.

You can pay back your debits by contacting the bank directly and set up a repayment plan. I am actually surprised that you haven't done that already since you say the only reason you couldn't get the pcc is due to the bank debit.
I pretty surprised too that you’re assuming that I didn’t contact the bank before leaving UAE and before coming to Canada until now, it’s just kind of complicated situation

The main reason that I couldn’t get the UAE PCC is because I had a forced deportation from UAE for life, due to my political opinions and ideology, plus my social media political activities, so my whole situation is totally different,

And it’s very weird for my that the officer is asking me to provide PCC from UAE since I had a forced deportation and since I left after a government official permission to leave (Outpass Permit) which’s will never be provided to me in case I’ve committed any crimes,

The situation over all is weird because I’ve shared all the evidence with him since July 2019, but up to date he didn’t yet finished his background check on me!!

Reactions: Fadros