+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Time line for Permanent Residence application for Refugees

mehranjadoon

Sep 5, 2019
Do you know if we are required to give biometrics, medical and interview? I only gave finger print when I claimed asylum and the medical soon after that.

M.Z

Star Member
Dec 23, 2020
@Yuki.03 @adbcca is it true they suspended all RTD applications temporarily or it's just the usual Covid rumors? :oops:

Your input is much appreciated.
Yes you can check from website it is suspended.https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-passports/travel-documents-non-canadians.html

• Wow
Reactions: Fadros

Mysoul78

Jun 30, 2018
Do you know if we are required to give biometrics, medical and interview? I only gave finger print when I claimed asylum and the medical soon after that.
When I called immigration, they said no need for biometric. Medical will be extended. From the forum I gather nobody goes for interviews. The only thing we have to wait is background check. People say it can take 1 month or even a year or two. Let’s pray all goes smooth.

Reactions: mehranjadoon

PrinceH

Star Member
Oct 16, 2020
Yes you can check from website it is suspended.https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-passports/travel-documents-non-canadians.html
It’s still available for urgent reason, couple of my friends got it recently due to medical needs for being solved abroad for their overseas family members

Reactions: Fadros and M.Z

Zozulia

Star Member
May 7, 2019
Hi guys
Question: I did upfront medicals for CEC and it shows:
IME - non-EDE
Type - PR

I saw others saying their type is “worker” so I don’t know why mine is different... someone had same and everything went smooth? Or I need to get new medicals :(

Khan5696

Jan 4, 2016
Timeline of my overseas dependant (Spouse) :

1. Me, the Principal applicant Got AIP + Request of forms , Birth certificate , mariage certificate, police certificate for my spouse outside canada on 12th November 2020

2. DM on 16 Nov 2020 and COPR 17th Nov 2020

3.My spouse documents arrived at Dar es Salaam VO on 17th Nov 2020

4.Request of additional documents(Proof of communication, financial support , pictures ) on 12th january 2021 Everything sent the same day

5. Medical request 13 Jan 2021
6.Medical done on 21 Jan 2021
7.January 24 2021 in my spouse’s online account it says Medical Received

Does medical received mean that an immigration agent reviewed your exam results and mark passed ? or its an automated update?
Hi Dear,

I applied May 5,2019 Finger print and medical shows pass on Jan 10,2021- I call IRCC they said your application is in last stage waiting for security check he also mention that IRCC requesting your deponents children birth certificate who are outside Canada - when before i call IRCC my MP got the same info from IRCC and sent me that they requesting dependents birth certificate but I didn't get my final decision yet.

please help me what should I do as you passed this step already your advice will be appreciated .

mugere

Star Member
Oct 26, 2018
Hi Dear,

I applied May 5,2019 Finger print and medical shows pass on Jan 10,2021- I call IRCC they said your application is in last stage waiting for security check he also mention that IRCC requesting your deponents children birth certificate who are outside Canada - when before i call IRCC my MP got the same info from IRCC and sent me that they requesting dependents birth certificate but I didn't get my final decision yet.

please help me what should I do as you passed this step already your advice will be appreciated .
just send whatever IRCC asked