+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Time line for Permanent Residence application for Refugees

Anonyref

May 3, 2020
Helllooooooo all finally I have received below from immigration

I am pleased to advise you that your application for permanent residence in Canada is now
complete. Congratulations! You are now a permanent resident of Canada!
This letter constitutes an official document issued by the Department of Immigration,
Refugees and Citizenship Canada. You can provide a copy of this letter to prove that you are
a permanent resident of Canada and to apply for government benefits and services for which
you are eligible, until you receive your permanent resident card.
Congratulations!
Your news really brought me a smile! But I am sure you are way happier than I am for you, just like the rest of us here! :D

• Love
Reactions: mshshi

Survivor1

Star Member
Jan 30, 2020
Mine time bar also removed. I am july 2018 applicant. Today in the morning, it was there. But not anymore. I checked mine after going through your posts and mine was also gone. What does this mean?

Reactions: Jalalcananda

RefugeeHelp1

May 23, 2019
Category........
Other
Mine time bar also removed. I am july 2018 applicant. Today in the morning, it was there. But not anymore. I checked mine after going through your posts and mine was also gone. What does this mean?
Means nothing!! it will come back soon same happen to me last month and also a few month ago as well it happens sometimes then come back...

Armen0

Apr 3, 2020
Hey everyone I see people are saying average proccessing time is 15-19 months but I wonder if that includes the time before it shows up in the system. We applied in December 1st, 2019 but we didn't get any message from CIC about our application yet. So I wonder if we are going to wait until the notice and 15-19 months more or is this waiting time includes the timebefore processing.

Last edited:

Jalalcananda

May 24, 2018
Hey everyone I see people are saying average proccessing time is 15-19 months but I wonder if that includes the time before it shows up in the system. We applied in December 1st, 2019 but we didn't get any message from CIC about our application yet. So I wonder if we are going to wait until the notice and 15-19 months more or is this waiting time includes the timebefore processing.
I think you should act like stocks investors.
Just forget about it and live your life at least for 1.5 years after application.
They will reach to you when they need medical exam or police certificate.