+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Time line for Permanent Residence application for Refugees

Ryan4

Nov 27, 2020
Yes you can only receive DM after your have the aip
Ahh okay, I haven’t received AIP but I’m waiting for the completion/approval letter. It says something like this, “This refers to the Application for Permanent Residence you made under the Protected Person inCanada class.
We are pleased to advise you that processing of your application has been completed.”

Reactions: Armaani

Fadros

Dec 4, 2020
I don't know but IRCC said the ePortal should accelerate the process but it seems it makes that slower! as you know before we get COPR after DM but now there stage between them which is ePortal request ,, what do you guys think ?!
You're right @Cpwr! However with e-portal, they said that after copr we will receive the card 1-2 weeks after. With normal copr, you get pr card in 4 months. I have a feeling it will be the same as I guess that whatever they saved from card time they will add it to copr time looooool :D:D:D:D:D:D. I submitted photo and address on Dec 17th ( two weeks ) and they still reviewing the photo and the address as if they reviewing security and criminality.Nothing makes sense at all and I don't understand what's in a pic and and address to work on!:rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: Onetv1 and Cpwr

Cpwr

Dec 29, 2020
GTA
You're right @Cpwr! However with e-portal, they said that after copr we will receive the card 1-2 weeks after. With normal copr, you get pr card in 4 months. I have a feeling it will be the same as I guess that whatever they saved from card time they will add it to copr time looooool :D:D:D:D:D:D. I submitted photo and address on Dec 17th ( two weeks ) and they still reviewing the photo and the address as if they reviewing security and criminality.Nothing makes sense at all and I don't understand what's in a pic and and address to work on!:rolleyes:
Yeah I hope our thinking become wrong and for real the process will be faster & quicker , let's hope and see what's gonna happen in next few weeks or months

Smithlee9019

Star Member
Apr 2, 2019
This refers to the Application for Permanent Residence you made under the Protected Person in
Canada class.
We are pleased to advise you that processing of your application has been completed. The IRCC office in Hamilton will contact you regarding the finalization of your permanent resident application.
IMPORTANT: You and your family members will be required to present original identification document(s) to the Canada Immigration Centre at your appointment. A final decision concerning thegrantingofpermanentresidencestatuswillbemadeatthattime. Ifpermanentresidenceis granted, the name that will appear on the confirmation of permanent resident document is your name as it appears on your passport or identity documents.

The completion date of my application is 22 March 2021 I just need to know what will be my next procedure kindly share me your experience I have a plied July 2019 thank you

Rahim khan

Mar 10, 2019
london
Category........
VISIT
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
This refers to the Application for Permanent Residence you made under the Protected Person in
Canada class.
We are pleased to advise you that processing of your application has been completed. The IRCC office in Hamilton will contact you regarding the finalization of your permanent resident application.
IMPORTANT: You and your family members will be required to present original identification document(s) to the Canada Immigration Centre at your appointment. A final decision concerning thegrantingofpermanentresidencestatuswillbemadeatthattime. Ifpermanentresidenceis granted, the name that will appear on the confirmation of permanent resident document is your name as it appears on your passport or identity documents.

The completion date of my application is 22 March 2021 I just need to know what will be my next procedure kindly share me your experience I have a plied July 2019 thank you
Congratulations to you did you received AIP before this letter ?

Fadros

Dec 4, 2020
Canada class.

Congratulations! Your'e the first JULY 2019 applicant to receive Approval letter on this forum, also you're lucky you got approved 3 moths before completion date. I guess the Hamilton office are doing a good job lol compared to Etobicoke and Quebec. The next step for you is one of three things:
1. You either get a letter from immigration asking you to go to the office for a two questions verification interview then you get the COPR on spot then you apply for the card.
2. You get the COPR by mail without going to the office and then you apply for the card.
3. You get an email informing you that you will receive another email with log in details for e-portal, after you receive the second email you submit a picture and your address on the portal, they review it, then they upload the copr for you to download it, then they send you the pr card automatically.

Keep us updated here and we are more than happy to guide you.

A couple of questions please

1. When did you get this email?
2. Have you received another email before? ( AIP/Eligibility) or that's your first email?

Congratulations again and keep us posted!

Reactions: Armaani

Jaspreet chawla

Nov 10, 2020
Hi guys just want to when you get the initial email for confirmation of PR what do they request. I will be travelling to indian very soon and i think i will get that email while i’m in india, i’m going there to get married and then add my spouse after my copr. I just want to know if i they are directly giving pr for inlands or we still get copr because after copr i can add my spouse.

please advise
Thank you

Smithlee9019

Star Member
Apr 2, 2019
This I received before

This letter refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada under the Protected Persons class.
It has been determined that you and your family members meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent residence as a Protected Person. Please note that a final decision will not be made until all remaining requirements for becoming a permanent resident have been met. These requirements include medical, security and background checks for you and, if applicable, your family members. You cannot become a permanent resident until you and all your family members have met these

Reactions: Fadros