+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Time line for Permanent Residence application for Refugees

Mom31

Star Member
Apr 26, 2019
Today afternoon 2pm I just called IRCC agent . Waiting time was 28 min I left call back request she called me but finally very frustrating news is after 25th Aug 20 ( I passed medical) no update. She said Eligibility and Security not started and criminality under process. I am 29th May 2019 applicant. Time line is 92% completed 50days remaining projected date of completion 29January 2021 !!! I don’t know what’s going on with us . I am worried about my daughters back home when they can come sometime feel so negative that if I die anytime my daughters can’t come Canada for what they are excited to come since last almost 3 years now !!! IRCC should think and consider our situation! May God Help us ....
Its hard for all of us right now but this time will pass eventually. and in no time we will all be seeing each other in citizenship forum inshallah

Fadros

Dec 4, 2020
guys alhamdullilah I'm July 2019 and I received eligibility letter today ( You meet eligibility...etc). The funny thing is that my mother who applied March 2019 never got this letter, she got DM straight away. she still waiting for COPR for 5 weeks now. The process is very strange and different from one to another. any idea how long it takes on average tp get DM after eligibility letter? I applied July 2019 and it's supposed to finish March 2021.

Any idea how long it takes?

Also any July 2019 members here?

Last edited:

Ryan4

Nov 27, 2020
guys alhamdullilah I'm July 2019 and I received eligibility letter today ( You meet eligibility...etc). The funny thing is that my mother who applied March 2019 never got this letter, she got DM straight away. she still waiting for COPR for 5 weeks now. The process is very strange and different from one to another. any idea how long it takes on average tp get DM after eligibility letter? I applied July 2019 and it's supposed to finish March 2021.

Mabrouk!! Great news,

did your mom receive a letter that says her application is complete and it’s being transferred or did she notice that the status on her application changed to DM?

Reactions: saidur and Fadros

Fadros

Dec 4, 2020
I am confused: You received AIP with 84% progress?
Yes. I'm not experienced here so I'm not sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing. As far as I know AIP is passing eligibility. it's not Approval letter ( DM), and it's not COPR. My completion data is March 2021 so I'm supposed to be having DM in three months.

is AIP ( Eligibility) at 84% bad or good? I really don't understand how you measure it here.
@Yessam07 have you received AIP or not?

Fadros

Dec 4, 2020
Mabrouk!! Great news,

did your mom receive a letter that says her application is complete and it’s being transferred or did she notice that the status on her application changed to DM?
She got the letter saying she is approved and she has to wait for Etobicoke office to contact her plus she has DM as well. I remember that @Ratmir and @Armaani are same but you got the DM without letter, right?

Yessam07

Star Member
Apr 27, 2018
Yes. I'm not experienced here so I'm not sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing. As far as I know AIP is passing eligibility. it's not Approval letter ( DM), and it's not COPR. My completion data is March 2021 so I'm supposed to be having DM in three months.

is AIP ( Eligibility) at 84% bad or good? I really don't understand how you measure it here.
@Yessam07 have you received AIP or not?
I have not received anything yet. The latest update I have is medical, which was updated on August 12, 2020.

SAMFISHER123

Dec 10, 2020

the same with me. June 2019 applicant. received a letter today "It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent residence"

when do you think we will get our COPR? I am so excited to hear from them

Reactions: maedow and Fadros

Fadros

Dec 4, 2020
I have not received anything yet. The latest update I have is medical, which was updated on August 12, 2020.
@Yessam07 I saw you posted that you received fingerprints request on 5th of August and medicals were renewed on 12th of August. for me, I received fingerprints on 4th of August but my medical is not passed and it says ' you don't need a medical, if this changes....etc. last time I did medical was January 2019 so it's definitely expired but it doesn't show me passed like you. this all is very confusing.

Reactions: Yessam07

Fadros

Dec 4, 2020
the same with me. June 2019 applicant. received a letter today "It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent residence"

when do you think we will get our COPR? I am so excited to hear from them
Well hopefully this eligibility thing means that we will be finished by March 2021 as we supposed to be. On this forum I saw people getting eligibility and approval same month and others has been waiting several months since they received Eligibility and no approval yet. so confusing.