Time line for Permanent Residence application for Refugees

Refu0202

Apr 14, 2020
I REALLY DONT AGREE WITH YOUR OPINION MY FRIEND
IRCC IS A PART OF THE ASYLUM SYSTEM,THE ASYLUM SYSTEM IS VERY COMPLICATED
THE REASON OF THE DELAY AS YOU SAID BEFORE IS THE DEEP BACKGROUND CHECK
THE ONE WHO REQUEST THE DEEP BACKGROUND CHECK IS THE IRCC OFFICER
AND HE REQUEST IT BECAUSE THE SYSTEM TELL HIM TO DO
The system is simple but they have many files that's why take long. you can get police check, medical, criminal less than a month. so why they take 21 months.they open our file after 3 months, then request police check after long time criminal... before criminal report arrive police check will expired. then they request again ...... not all applicant goes to long background check so that is officers decision.

Refu0202

Apr 14, 2020
Guys, can you stop venting about delays and processing times? This isn't a feedback forum. It's for people to support each other with answers and others to share information regarding their timeline. If you want to vent, create a different page for it. All this lashing out does is that it starts an argument that hurts everyone and doesn't do any favors.

For everyone else. I appreciate your contributions and for keeping us updated. Ramadan Kareem Mubarak. (Happy wishes of Ramadan)
every one here waiting to get PR. Every one telling their story we cannot say to stops theirs. if we don't want, skip that post. After I come this forum I've known that people are waiting more than 27 months. All post are not suitable for every one. eg: I'm 2018 applicant i don't read about 2020 applicants processing time posts

Reactions: jack_2001 and ank22

Rose@watan

Star Member
Apr 19, 2020
Hello Guys can anyone advice please.
I applied to obtain my PR application notes since August 23, 2019 through ATIP and since that time I did not get any response. However yesterday I received an e,mail says the following with a notes record that already prepared in August 26, 2019.
Actually I do not why did they sent now after 8 months with notes of that time not the notes of this time and saying Please be advised that you are entitled to submit a complaint regarding the processing of your request to the Office of the Privacy Commissioner
what does that mean?
And what the benefit I get if I submitted complaint?????

This is further to your request under the Privacy Act, which was received on August 23, 2019, for the following records
the electronic notes of the immigration or citizenship officer(s) for the permanent residence file concerning ------
The processing of your request is now complete. Please refer to the following for an explanation as to what was release
Disposition of your records: Disclosed in part
Section(s) of the Act applied (if applicable): 21 The detection, prevention or suppression of subversive or hostile activities, 22(1)(b) law enforcement and investigation
You received the following amount of pages (if applicable): 100
Further information about the Privacy Act can be found at the following web page:
Please be advised that you are entitled to submit a complaint regarding the processing of your request to the Office of the Privacy Commissioner. The complaint form can be retrieved at:

------
Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us by email at IRCC.ATIP-AIPRP.IRCC@cic.gc.c

Armaani

Star Member
Feb 20, 2019
I applied to obtain my PR application notes since August 23, 2019 through ATIP and since that time I did not get any response. However yesterday I received an e,mail says the following with a notes record that already prepared in August 26, 2019.
Actually I do not why did they sent now after 8 months with notes of that time not the notes of this time and saying Please be advised that you are entitled to submit a complaint regarding the processing of your request to the Office of the Privacy Commissioner
what does that mean?

This is further to your request under the Privacy Act, which was received on August 23, 2019, for the following records
the electronic notes of the immigration or citizenship officer(s) for the permanent residence file concerning ------
The processing of your request is now complete. Please refer to the following for an explanation as to what was release
Section(s) of the Act applied (if applicable): 21 The detection, prevention or suppression of subversive or hostile activities, 22(1)(b) law enforcement and investigation
Further information about the Privacy Act can be found at the following web page:
Please be advised that you are entitled to submit a complaint regarding the processing of your request to the Office of the Privacy Commissioner. The complaint form can be retrieved at:

------
Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us by email at IRCC.ATIP-AIPRP.IRCC@cic.gc.c
What it means is basically the law in Canada says if you need access to your personal information which is in this case your notes you mist receive it within 30 days and now because they have not fulfilled your request within the timeline you can submit a complaint. Honestly this will not affect your PR Application case at all but in best case scenario you can file a case against it and sue them for not providing your personal information etc. I don’t think you can get anything out of it. these are my thoughts and opinions And I am not any lawyer so good luck with PR Hopefully we all get some good news soon!

Reactions: Rose@watan

imissmylove

Star Member
Feb 9, 2018
I REALLY DONT AGREE WITH YOUR OPINION MY FRIEND
IRCC IS A PART OF THE ASYLUM SYSTEM,THE ASYLUM SYSTEM IS VERY COMPLICATED
THE REASON OF THE DELAY AS YOU SAID BEFORE IS THE DEEP BACKGROUND CHECK
THE ONE WHO REQUEST THE DEEP BACKGROUND CHECK IS THE IRCC OFFICER
AND HE REQUEST IT BECAUSE THE SYSTEM TELL HIM TO DO
Of course all of organizations they are part of country and they Connecting together that what exactly I said but that's another organization, who they working on your BG checking.

Last edited:
Reactions: jack_2001

imissmylove

Star Member
Feb 9, 2018
what does that mean?

------

I just Wonder Why u guys order ATIP at first place also with wrong info, it's about ur life dude when u don't have enough info don't just fill a form, when ur 2019 applicant and u know u should be patient, ordering ATIP could be wasting time of an agents who could be useful to work for your application we are 2018 application and we still waiting, when u order ATIP note it take 1 month to 45 days to send you this result like this

Eligibility: not started
Ur criminality : in process
Ur security : <--- blank
Health: received

luckyrefugee

Mar 5, 2019
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
CPC missisuaga
App. Filed.......
10-12-2019
AOR Received.
26-11-2020
Med's Request
19-04-2021
Med's Done....
19-04-2021
LANDED..........
21-04-2021
My Timeline- No news since I have submitted RCMP -PCC on-February-28 -2020

Permanent Residence
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on May 29, 2019.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on October 16, 2019.
  3. We started processing your application on October 15, 2019.
  4. We sent you correspondence on February 20, 2020. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
it seems that your AOR was received after 4 months and the second corresponding you received after 4 months was a PCC request. To submit police clearance from country you lived abroad right.

Reactions: saidur

Rose@watan

Star Member
Apr 19, 2020
I just Wonder Why u guys order ATIP at first place also with wrong info, it's about ur life dude when u don't have enough info don't just fill a form, when ur 2019 applicant and u know u should be patient, ordering ATIP could be wasting time of an agents who could be useful to work for your application we are 2018 application and we still waiting, when u order ATIP note it take 1 month to 45 days to send you this result like this

thanks for the reply
Just to let you know that, I ordered this for the first and last time I did not order ATIP for many times. It was only one time which was this that took 8 months.
And how do you know that I am 2019 Applicant?
I AM MAY 2018 APPLICANT. TWO YEAAAAAARS OF PROCESSING TIME and you do not me to know what is going on?

luckyrefugee

Mar 5, 2019
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
CPC missisuaga
App. Filed.......
10-12-2019
AOR Received.
26-11-2020
Med's Request
19-04-2021
Med's Done....
19-04-2021
LANDED..........
21-04-2021
thanks for the reply
Just to let you know that, I ordered this for the first and last time I did not order ATIP for many times. It was only one time which was this that took 8 months.
And how do you know that I am 2019 Applicant?
I AM MAY 2018 APPLICANT. TWO YEAAAAAARS OF PROCESSING TIME and you do not me to know what is going on?

it doesnt matter if your 2018 applicant or 2019 applicant. it is your right to order GCMS notes and it is absolutely free of cost and doesnt cost you anything. and by the way 2020 applicants are quicker. we have seen people overtaking each other so GCMS is to be well informed. i ordered it every 1st of the month and i will be till i am a canadian citizen. lolz

saidur

Dec 14, 2019
it seems that your AOR was received after 4 months and the second corresponding you received after 4 months was a PCC request. To submit police clearance from country you lived abroad right.
No PCC of RCMP and FBI which I have provided

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
it doesnt matter if your 2018 applicant or 2019 applicant. it is your right to order GCMS notes and it is absolutely free of cost and doesnt cost you anything. and by the way 2020 applicants are quicker. we have seen people overtaking each other so GCMS is to be well informed. i ordered it every 1st of the month and i will be till i am a canadian citizen. lolz
gcms notes help and as said it's your right to get one. it's not free though, there is a nominal fee even if you do it yourself but it does feel like free considering what else you have to pay for to get to Canada